Sign in to follow this  
Regulator5

Free fema e-courses

Any info is better than no info, and there could be a certain amount of "know your enemy" built into this, too. Not that you'd necessarily be the enemy of FEMA, but if you identify areas where you think their strategies are weak or if you have concerns about how they might respond to certain situations in your area, knowing what their SOP is could only help you out. Being able to anticipate - and therefore avoid - any pitfalls is a great prepping strategy.

OC, you are correct. I do feel that we will be the enemy of fema, per se, since we have our own preps and do not require their handouts. Plus they will want our preps for their "redistribution" and I'm sure how we feel about that.

Plus they will want our preps for their "redistribution" and I'm sure how we feel about that.

The more I think about it, the more I think having un-hidden "hidden" caches that are relatively easy to confiscate make sense. Food, firearms, etc.: let someone think they've found what they are looking for, so they don't keep looking for more. Secret your important preps away in false walls and then put a shelf full of canned goods in front of it. If nobody ever comes to take them, if you're never looted, then you can use them - yay! But if someone does, you can look cleaned out and actually not be left without resources.

That is a great idea, OC, and one we might all want to keep in mind. Might not be a bad idea to keep your firearms (should anyone here just so happen to possess such) in two groups, paper and no paper. If the authorities come to take what you have, I know the "cold dead hand" approach may be exactly what you will get. Instead, contritely deliver what you have "on the books" and apologize for taking up the National Guard's valuable time. There, is that obtuse enough?

Bill, it's always best to keep the papered vs unpapered items in separate locations. You pointed out an observation probably much oberlooked.

The other part of your post reminded me of a friend's comment to his son-in-law back in the 90's (we worked together in construction). His son-in-law was a LEO in lake county Indiana and they were discussing what would happen if the order was given to confiscate privately owned firarms. The son-in-law said he would come to get his my friend's firarms. My friend's only reply was, "Who will they send to get my neighbor's?" It took a few minutes for it to sink in and a few years before they actually spoke again but the son-in-law got the message loud and clear....lol.

I thought the subtle reference to what would happen was very well stated. I know when we got the survey about firing on civilians if given the order, the ones who answered they would got very good at cleaning latrines, taking out garbage, etc.

Personally, if I know they are coming to get my preps, I will burn it before allowing them to have it. I choose who my charity goes to, NOT the fed gov't or even local gov't who I respect alot more. Just like I refuse to give ANYTHING to the red cross. If I get a postage paid envelope from them, I mail it back with a letter explaining WHY I think they are frauds. I look for actual charities to donate to and those are getting hard to find.