Sign in to follow this  
bob leeper

hurricane slides up eastern coast

I informed my staff this morning to expect a large truck carrying wood. As soon as they delivered we would start on the Ark. :P

I was in Tractor Supply last evening and noticed that the backup generators were flying out the door.

Edited by Rod

Good lord. Dont mention the word snow in Georgia. There will be a panic run at the grocery stores. Milk and bread will be in short supply for 7 days for every snow flake. Forget finding a generator or wood. I just smile and shake my head. The sheep never learn. I just make a couple phones calls and have my team do a double check on their readiness. Yall in harms way of this strom stay alert. Might be nothing. Might be one heck of a storm.

hey guys,

reporting in from NOVA just about 20 min out of DC. LUCKLY i got sick earlier this week and am almost better so i can be prepared to handle this situation this is where being pre prepped is great, i didnt have to battle the crowds at the store (other than to get my lady flowers for taking care of me while sick). i just grabbed a pack and made sure to stock it with flashlights batteries and glowsticks, the solar charger, and battery operated cell charger along with the hand crank radio. we already have water and food stores so thats all i really need to know where to locate. i recommend everyone else do the same. and remember, if you store tap water, put it in a jug but leave the cap off for ~24 hours to get the chlorine flavor/smell out of it. if any of you need updates from the NOVA area, PM me, ill be glad to tell you what i know

Stay informed if you are in the path Sandy.There are predictions of a 2-3 day event due to its slow movement. Power outages of several weeks due to downed trees. I heard that this storm will hit 2 different cold fronts as it reaches the Atlantic Northeast.

Good article on Sandy............

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/26/us/tropical-weather-sandy/index.html

I was in Charlotte, NC when that Great Storm (from the movie) hit. We got 9 inches of snow in about two hours. Me and another courier were making the Saturday FedEx pickups and deliveries. We met up at one point when it was about four inches deep and thought about calling it a day because it was getting dangerous. We were parked right next to each other, trying to talk over the radio. The signal had to go thru the repeater about 3 miles away and back, and it was snowing so hard that we couldn't hear each other. At least that's what we figured. Finally got in the same truck to talk..

If this thing does half of what they say, it's gonna be just ugly.

Just an update from Holly Ridge NC, 30-40 mins north of Wilmington. The rain started this morning and some wind. The weather channel is calling for squalls starting around 1900. So far its been calmer than Irene but its only supposed to brush us. Hope everyone up north of me is prepped and ready.

1525..southern Wv.

Temps falling..preasure falling...starting to get a sprinkle..

We be ready..filled up any holes..the stores parking lots are NOW full..lol people are saying its over reacting!

Thats ok ...everything we have we can use during the winter...cleaned the propane heater just in case

will keep advised..

Matt

Still raining in NC, not that windy any more, I'm gonna have to fix some siding when it stops raining though. It still looks like you guys up north are not gonna have a fun start of the week. Stay safe