Sign in to follow this  
ZM1995

Help for students

I ride the bus and unfortunatly my parents had decided to move us into one of the most difficult places to protect I have ever seen and even worse its surrounded by what will be hot spots of activity if tshtf

grocery stores, gas stations, gun stores, hardware stores, and more than likely Ill be walking along a major evac route. And unfortunatley due to my bad past alot of people think I am involved in the drug industry which Im not I HATE JUNKIES

no apology needed autonomous I have a distance of about five miles up hill to walk so factoring in detours or hold ups of any kind I give myself two hours max just to be on the safe side so in this whether the clothes would be a definite need but Ive got the water covered I always carry a bottle of water with me no matter where I go.

I could make it easily in less time with the terrain not being rough but Im also factoring in any detours or reasons I may have to stop. I may be big but I can suprise people with how fast I can move.

I dunno, I am still in highschool. I am saving up money for gear then eventually land, hoping nothing will happen until then. If something does I will end up bugging in with my family unless they want to bug out. We have plenty of firearms and gear but not very many knives/axes, and food. My stepdad also makes his own bullets for his rifle so that may come in handy. Still not sure what to so though.

Firestarting and water purifying methods are a good idea. A firesteel and small striker plus a ziplock of dryer lint may be permitted in your school, don't know the situation. A little roll of duck tape and some braided nylon cord isn't a bad thing to have. Also a headlamp, maybe a flashlight with a strobe mode for distracting an attacker while you duck away. Walmart sells maglite XL50 models that are reasonably priced and bright. Also a distraction device or two like a sonic gernade (look on ebay) could get someone to look the other way while you duck across a street etc. 5 miles isn't that far but a couple bottles of water and a couple snacks like Cliff bars wouldn't be a bad idea in case you were forced to hole up and wait for a bad situation to dissolve to get home. Maybe a hooded space blanket like the MPI for warmth and weather protection while you waited. I wouldn't go to crazy with what you pack for 5 miles, speed may be your best friend if you are young and in good shape. All this stuff so far should fit in a small bag and weigh a couple pounds plus water weight.

Make sure the pack/bag is easy to run with and wear sensible shoes for walking or running in. I'd avoid real bright neon colored outer layers and anything that may be considered gang colors. Wear clothing that would allow you to remain unnoticed in your area.