Sign in to follow this  
Fittest

Another Texan

Fittest, they gave me a helmet also but make me leave it in the padded room.....lol.

We played some football but I can't remember any safety equipment being used (could explain a few things). I spent most of my time either running in the woods or along a creek/river finding all the things my mom didn't want me to bring home.

WAIT!!

"it is better one hundred guilty persons should escape than that one innocent person should suffer"

Benjamin Franklin

I have a problem with this statement..You have 100 guilty people running around doing the same shit that they keep doing to OTHERS!!

Just so one person is NOT suffering???

REALY...what was he smoking?you will always have dreamers and layers argue this point.But reality is Some will always suffer,and the 100 STILL take advantage unless locked up and punished..

Reality ...JMO

oops sorry about the rant...

During Franklin's time, the guilty would keep doing what they did and the local "committee of public safety" would explain the error of their ways .... permanently!

Now "it takes a village" and no one is responsible for their own actions. I was chaplain at a juvenile detention center for 3 years. A totally different world. A kid doing time because his mother turned him in after he got into HER stash of stuff for sale. When his time was up, they sent him back home! He was back in juvenile in 2 months. God help us all.

It is 58 degrees in my little home this morning and winter is not anywhere near starting. I knew it would be cold here, but I won't be shoveling snow and that's mild enough for me! :P

Oooh, if this is anything like my family I had better dust off my helmet! I had all brothers and was the only girl in the neighborhood and pretty much all we did was fight, build forts (above ground, underground and in trees) and play war. Sometimes we would spend months building elaborate forts and the war would only last a week. Unfortunately it's possible we might get to do that again, for real, only we won't time-out for school, dinner and chores.

Oh ... thanks for all the welcomes and glad to be part of the family - really! Just be aware I've got a helmet and I know how to use it. ;)

By the way, welcome but you get NO sympathy from me: I had 3 sisters and NO brothers.:( I guess it wasn't easy either way.

again welcome.

By the way, welcome but you get NO sympathy from me: I had 3 sisters and NO brothers.:(

The LAST thing I would do is ask for sympathy about the way I grew up - I loved my rough and tumble time with my brothers. Someone gave me a barbie doll once and my little brother and I immediately dissected it to see how it worked inside. Fun stuff like that would have never happened if I had all sisters. But that you had three sisters, and I guess your mom was around too, means potentially you were living with someone in the house having PMS 100% of the time. You needed a helmet much more than I did! Plus THAT explains how you have the patience to moderate these forums - ANYthing's got to be easier than living with four females under one roof, you have my deepest sympathies.

(No offence Shea, I'm just teasin' Captain Bart to let him know in a round-about way how much I appreciate his HUGE contribution to all of us. :))