Sign in to follow this  
ZM1995

Help finding an AR

hey yall I was just wondering if you could help me find a good brand AR I have looked around alot and havent been able to find one that suits me. What I want is a good brand AR in .308 with a twenty two inch barrel, collapsible stock, and quad rail. So if you find anything online that fits this description online please post a link for me. P.S. please keep in mind I am not made of money so anything under two grand would prefered thanks much :D

LOOK at the dpms line. They should be well under $2K , at least in my neck of the woods. Try gun broker dot com, gunsamerica do com, and budsgunshop.com for starters. Also check your local want ads like in a Penny saver type of publication. The deals are out there.

NWindham firearms will be comimg out with a ambidextrious .308 AR about January windhams owner and the employees were Bushmaster before the hostile takeover of Bushmaster by Remington they now have started Windham there projected offering price is $1200 for gas impingment and $1500 for a gas piston system Armalite AR 10 is a long timer that is reliable also just not ambidextrious.

Edited by warrior7r

NWindham firearms will be comimg out with a ambidextrious .308 AR about January windhams owner and the employees were Bushmaster before the hostile takeover of Bushmaster by Remington they now have started Windham there projected offering price is $1200 for gas impingment and $1500 for a gas piston system Armalite AR 10 is a long timer that is reliable also just not ambidextrious.

I'd go with almost any piston driven AR platform. A much cooler runing kit in my world. LOL.

Colt is the standard and you can get a 6920 for around 1100-1200 and they wont fail you, if you need a bargain one that actually has some quality to it then i would suggest looking at a del-ton AR ,I have owned one of them and for the price they are extremely reliable. I'm not a fan of DPMS or bushmaster as i have heard too many stories about lack of quality compared to other known brands

Colt is the standard and you can get a 6920 for around 1100-1200 and they wont fail you, if you need a bargain one that actually has some quality to it then i would suggest looking at a del-ton AR ,I have owned one of them and for the price they are extremely reliable. I'm not a fan of DPMS or bushmaster as i have heard too many stories about lack of quality compared to other known brands

Not for ar chambered in .308...

But back to the OP, I'm building an AR in .308 right now. Armalite came up with the first design but it seems that DPMS has improved on it. I'm building mine piece by piece and it is much cheaper than buying the whole gun if you have the know how and shop around. If you want to buy a complete gun, pick up a DPMS LR-308 or 308 Classic. If you're looking to spend less than 2k, both of those are about 1200 MSRP (meaning you can probably get it for less) leaving you with 800 to drop in a quad rail (100-400 depending on if you care about who makes it) and a collapsible stock (30-300 depending on how high tech you wanna get) and even then, if you spend a combined total of 300 on stock + rail, you still got about 500 left over for a nice scope or holo sight.

This is essentially what i'm building http://www.dpmsinc.com/LRT-SASS_ep_92-1.html with a few tweaks

buds gun shop has an amazing line up all of which are in my price range and Im actually planning on getting certified in gunsmithing in a few years so once I actually learn how to build guns I plan on building all of my guns personally I would just wait and build one myself but this is one of the things I just wont be able to get out of my head until I am able to have one so I really cannot wait :D and mudbass that is amazing and almost exactly what I am looking for good find :)

Look at Rock River Arms. They have rediculous sales going on right now. Not sure what they have in 308 but its worth a check. I have 2 ARs in 556. One DPMS and one Rock River. The fit and finish and features of the rock river are far superior to the DPMS. The DPMS was cheaper but it was plain jane and rhe RRA came loaded with features. That said, Ive had one jam with the DPMS. Zero with the RRA. The DPMS gets 1.25" groups on a good day and the RRA gets Sub-MOA every day of the week.

Oh, my DPMS is a Carbine length and my RRA is a mid.

Edited by droptrd

Not for ar chambered in .308...

But back to the OP, I'm building an AR in .308 right now. Armalite came up with the first design but it seems that DPMS has improved on it. I'm building mine piece by piece and it is much cheaper than buying the whole gun if you have the know how and shop around. If you want to buy a complete gun, pick up a DPMS LR-308 or 308 Classic. If you're looking to spend less than 2k, both of those are about 1200 MSRP (meaning you can probably get it for less) leaving you with 800 to drop in a quad rail (100-400 depending on if you care about who makes it) and a collapsible stock (30-300 depending on how high tech you wanna get) and even then, if you spend a combined total of 300 on stock + rail, you still got about 500 left over for a nice scope or holo sight.

This is essentially what i'm building http://www.dpmsinc.com/LRT-SASS_ep_92-1.html with a few tweaks

for a .308 i wouldn't get anything other than Armalite