Sign in to follow this  
rayz

Hey CapnBart!

Do you want to see some of the threads combined?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see some of the threads combined?

I'd like to see alot of the "spam" hiding posts combined. Instead of posting a new thread, which just adds more to rummage thru, find a worthwhile thread and post there. It will still lower the spam and keeps the good threads available without adding extra threads. JMO

I'd rather have the search and new posts back....but combining will help some./QUOTE]

It'd be nice to have the search, new posts and the view all posts in our profiles. I forget sometimes where

I post and can't find my way back to some. LOL I'm getting old.

Whatever you want to do Sir! Be fine with me.

I'd like to see alot of the "spam" hiding posts combined. Instead of posting a new thread, which just adds more to rummage thru, find a worthwhile thread and post there. It will still lower the spam and keeps the good threads available without adding extra threads. JMO

If they refuse to place adds in the proper place then they should be barred from the site. IMO

i feel as if there are only so many topics to cover, if they die off an re-appear its a way of breathing new life into the topic. i know i wont go through a old topics 59 comments. also i feel a good way to battle the spam would be to give some more people limited mod powers that are known to be trustworthy like regulator5 and tinderwolf, just an idea....

I recently found this site and my first impression of it was that it is HUGE, but I don't see any forums that I think would benefit us - the readers and contributors - if they were combined. We live in a complicated world, and our needs, abilities and options are just as diverse. Could you guys give me examples of forums you think could/should be combined?

A number of threads are out of place - their topic has a specific forum but the poster put it in some other section, those threads need to be moved. And the spam posts take up a lot of room - why aren't the spam posts moved to the Threads To Be Deleted forum?? And why does this site have so much spam in the first place? What are other forums doing that prevents spammers from posting?

Yes, the SEARCH function needs to be fixed!! Additionally, when I find a poster who is particularly knowledgeable or I like the way they think I go to their profile to search for other posts they have made ... and THAT search function is also broken! (Interestingly, rayz you are one of those people :)

By going through posts and profiles I've figured out that there was some sort of administrative conflict last May, apparently with the result that this site is now under-managed. This site (the PEOPLE who post to share their knowledge :) is an invaluable resource and we need to take care of it - resist letting it deteriorate like everything else that created the SHTF and EOTWAWKI mindsets in the first place!!!

My opinion summarized:

1) Fix the SEARCH functions.

2) Move spam to the Threads To Be Deleted forum.

3) Move out-of-place threads to their correct location.

4) Increase and/or change the administration and/or number of forum moderators to carry out the above. (There IS a problem, I don't know what it is so can't really suggest a solution.)

To put my money (time :) where my mouth is I volunteer to help delete spam or something *simple* - when I had my own business I created a web site for it so know they can be kinda complicated, but I am a quick learner.

I will postpone casting my vote until getting more information on what threads can be combined, and any other feedback.

I know this is going to sound a little ‘brown nosed’, but what is easier for the moderators? However, if you don’t care about what is easiest for you, I believe that combing ‘stuff’ is a good idea especially because the ‘search’ function is currently defective. I know I find myself checking the same places every time rather than reading the entire board. I miss the ‘new post’ feature because it saved time when looking for the newest posts.

But no matter what happens, I am appreciative of the board’s owners and moderators for providing us with a place to meet and exchange ideas.

Brown-nosing has ended. We now return you to your normally scheduled programming.

Parts, they can’t be stopped because they change their identities and addresses all the time. It’s like a dog chasing his tail. He might catch it once but the damned thing keeps coming back. If the moderators could stop the spammers, they would. We need to ignore them or laugh at them.

Parts, they can’t be stopped because they change their identities and addresses all the time. It’s like a dog chasing his tail. He might catch it once but the damned thing keeps coming back. If the moderators could stop the spammers, they would. We need to ignore them or laugh at them.

Thanks, coastie.

For what it is worth, I delete them as soon as possible but I do not object to the "bump" threads if they help you guys. I complain but I don't object.