Sign in to follow this  
mariolemos

hi from portugal

Hi everyone. I'm Mário i'm 20 years old, i live in Portugal and i came to this forum to learn more about survival because in my country there's no websites or forum about this... :(

Regards Mário Lemos

PS: Sory if my english isn't the best but we just speak portuguese in portugal but learn a lit of bit english at schools :o

Welcome mariolemos! Your english is much better than my portuguese! :o

I am very interested in hearing about your economy in Portugal and what makes you interested in survival preparations.

Welcome, I look forward to your posts, it is good to get more points of view on things there are things that I'm sure you teach us. Don't be afraid to ask or add on any subject. Honestly I may have more questions for you than you for me.

Welcome young Sir..

Portugal ..so how is the living situation there? jobs? are you in the City or in the country?

do you have other friends that share the "Need" to know about being prepared for disasters?

please dont judge my spelling...your doing just fine..lol..Time difference between the east coast of America and there ?

again welcome..

hello, the current economic situation in portugal is bad, the unemployment continues to raise...

I live in the country but because portugal is a small country there are allways nearby cities, so a bug out plan for me it isn't necessary because i'm in the remotest and highest places in the zone. And i have my own source of water (pit and rain catcher deposit), food (animals and vegetables), but i think i should get more canned food and weapons but in portugal it is dificult to get a legal proper gun, handguns we can only have 6.35cal and rifles only for hunting but with a small magazine, 4 max i think. i have a bolt action shotgun but it is slow on reload...

i've practice self defense and mixed martial arts for 5 years so i know how to defend myself but sometimes bare hands it isn't enought...

Anyway thanks for all :)

hello, the current economic situation in portugal is bad, the unemployment continues to raise...

I live in the country but because portugal is a small country there are allways nearby cities, so a bug out plan for me it isn't necessary because i'm in the remotest and highest places in the zone. And i have my own source of water (pit and rain catcher deposit), food (animals and vegetables), but i think i should get more canned food and weapons but in portugal it is dificult to get a legal proper gun, handguns we can only have 6.35cal and rifles only for hunting but with a small magazine, 4 max i think. i have a bolt action shotgun but it is slow on reload...

i've practice self defense and mixed martial arts for 5 years so i know how to defend myself but sometimes bare hands it isn't enought...

Anyway thanks for all :)

You are way ahead of most people your age ( and any age) in your thought and prep, you have the first and most important step already, you have inventoryed your strong points and are working on the weak points that you have already identified. I am guessing that. Knives are legal and easy to come by so for sure get a good strong sharp one and become very accustom to its weight and feel with your training back ground you should be able to become very good with it in very little time, and if guns are hard to get then you will not hopefully be so easily out gunned( except for goverment forces, yours or others). You also have a very dangerous advantage at your age, you can very easily pass as a " dumb kid" to guys like us old hard asses. Read up on the several thread here on "being gray" or blending in and not being noticed as a threat.

thank you wally. don don about knives i have some good quality hunting knives and some experience in knife combat because one of the martial arts that i practice was taijutsu but like you used to say in america don't bring a knife for a gunfight.

thank you wally. don don about knives i have some good quality hunting knives and some experience in knife combat because one of the martial arts that i practice was taijutsu but like you used to say in america don't bring a knife for a gunfight.

Yeah sure...but a well placed knife can prevent a gunfight

Welcome mariolemos! My sister-in-laws family is from Portugal. Ive talked to her father thats planning on moving back there to retire and it sounds like a nice place. If you are limited by guns can you get a bow or crossbow maybe? just a thought

Welcome mariolemos! My sister-in-laws family is from Portugal. Ive talked to her father thats planning on moving back there to retire and it sounds like a nice place. If you are limited by guns can you get a bow or crossbow maybe? just a thought

Hello shawn, yes a crossbow or a bow it is an option because it's license free. which part of portugal they're from?