Sign in to follow this  
excoastie

I love lacewood and quilted maple

Here are the two knives I just finished. They are better in your hand than they look in pictures.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1449[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1450[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1451[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1452[/ATTACH]

Coastie,

WOW! I don't even come close to needing another knife but those are absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

I think I like the maple a little better but I wouldn't throw either of them out of the scabbard! Excellent job. If you ever decide to make one for money ... let me know how much.

Cap’n, Thankls Cap'n! The lacewood scales dye & stabilize nicely but the quilted maple is (was) my favorite knife. It is going to a new home on Friday. It wasn’t sold. It was bartered away. I somehow feel better that it was bartered. I like bartering with the good folks here. I hope the end user likes it as much as I do! The lacewood knife sold within two days of being made. I don’t think I advertised the maple one as ‘for sale’ until someone here asked to see my other knives. I like the guy so I included the maple. Stupid move for me… awesome move for him!

Thanks Nana, I’m getting better. I am a little embarrassed at what I sold eight months ago but the knives cost less back then.

To all, remember, although I have not published the prices yet, Christmas pricing for members is in affect. Ask for pricing if you’re interested. I won’t advertise Christmas prices until next week… but the prices are pretty darn good.

Lee, I stabilized the wood and sealed it with sealer and Tru-Oil so there shouldn’t be any place for the blood to fill in. But I cannot say for sure. The blood should be wiped off when done using it but it should be fine.

A few friends have used them to gut and process deer and thus far, no complaints. And one of those was a special build for a friend that has no arms and uses hooks. I made the knife to fit his hooks so there are a lot of tight edges and so far, so good.