Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Vive

post your bob & contents. (:

I Have an LBE vest in one pouch 4X6X4 inches

have North American arms derringer loaded with winchester HV-HP

40 rounds of ammo {10 of which are shot shells 30- 40 grain solids}

pair of 8x24 binoculars I am intending to swap this out for a monocular of high quality. and use the space for something else.

tooth brush

a Bic lighter

card size Fresnel lens

Swiss army champ plus think it has 28 functions 29 if you count rolling it up in your fist and slugging someone.

sewing kit {like a large pack of folding matches}

1 .5 ounce of DEET insect repellent

water proof match container w/ matches extra sewing needles

Aspirin, benadryl, Immodium, pain meds, 6 large band aids 3 foil packs of triple antibiotic 8 alcohol wipes

2 large carabiners instead of grimlocks

small caribiner swivel quick release

9 volt LED flashlight {gives about 80 to 100 hours of light}

25 foot of 550 para cord under flap {hangs out both sides}

and a gang banger LARGE handkerchief tied through the keepers

The list of my BOB Holy crap I would hate to list it all

cold steel bushman bowie will transfer to my belt has sharpening stone.

hammer head camp axe will go on my belt

bow saw

machete saw back cliped on to side of pack.

puck stone / sharpener

100 foot of para cord

4 carabiners 3,000 pound

mini block & tackle

6x7 foot tarp green

mosquito net

elk skin gloves

2 pair socks

long sleeve tee shirt

pezel head lamp uses AA battery extra batteries

mp3 player uses AAA batteries have extra of both

Kaito radio model 500

9 volt LED light and extra battery rechargeable batteries.

mini shake flashlight take a while to get it going but it never needs batteries but it's light is emergency only not real bright.

4 packs of emergency water

1 -2 quart stainless water bottle with a carabiner

GI 1 quart canteen w/ cover cup and stove riser

5 inch stainless steel bowl with lid / lid acts like a mini fry pan

ultralight pot grabber / handle REI

Inside it bic lighter with a clip on reel salt, pepper mini hot sauce a couple a spork, water proof matches,

travel bottles with bleach dawn soap, cooking oil, instant coffee, sugar, honey little bear bottle bought 2 filled this one to the top

cream of wheat, oat meal, corn meal in water proof zip lock bags Heavy duty, refried beans freeze dried some tea bags, drink mixes and sardines

a couple of Wise brand freeze dried meals, orange gator aid 5 gal size in foil pack, one a day vitamins.

head net

handkerchiefs {2} large

2 emergency blankets

compressed travel towels

XHD 55 gal hazardous materials trash bag.

Baklava / watch style cap

sunuuto sighting compass in a compass pouch and watch band compass

4 bungee cords 2 hold my wool blanket 2 hold my camp chair to my bag

4 mouse traps good for small animals and security

cable snares

Ronco pocket fisherman with extras

spider wire fishing line medicine bottle of hooks assorted one with assorted lead weights.

leatherman tool with 74 bits and sockets in a zip up tool pouch goes on my belt

2 key chain knifes

magnesium fire starter and a med bottle full of steel wool

Case Guard / survivor dry box is my first aid kit has a compass in it.

trauma shears med tape paper and poly, head lamp drink mix forceps x 2 ,scalpel q-tips, band aids, lip balm folding magnifier glasses, pipe cleaners

matches in a WP container, snakebite kit, 4x4 and 2x2 gauze 2 dollars in quarters 5 dollar bills, Fromm SS straight razor w/ hair cut attachment

extra blades tourniquet, antibiotic ointment, tooth ache gel, tweezers, 10x magnifier. aspirin, benadryl, immodium, tylenol, claritin. prilosec, ammonia ampules, nasal and a primatein inhaler, sulfur tabs, carbolic acid salve, a ceramic fuse I use for a sharpening stone, and a few other minor things.

somewhere I have 2 cold packs pop the blister shake and it is frosty cold and a couple of heat packs probably have to empty the damn thing to find them.

have a mag pouch to carry ammo and it is spread out in my kit in other places and a coupe of roll up drop pouches.

I always have a 17 pocket vest with EDC crap and a fleece jacket and a rain coat also a bag with extra set of Special clothes and kung fu slippers

in my vehicle a can of Ether 5 gallon jug / jerry can of water gas can empty, to dangerous to carry gas if I can i will fill ASAP hand sanitizer rags 1/2 gallon of bleach {concentrated} bailing wire fencing pliers hammer pipe wrench and tool box and a glock entrenching tool tow rope other crap

I carry some other minor things but they are stuck in various places I actually have a map of what pocket but I have added to my BOB since.

I'll look like a one man band but it really does not weight that much and as you go your using it up so day after day some you may have to cache

or dump it although nothing I have is without merit it would be hard choices.

you will notice redundancy in my BOB I have and advise using miniature items 2- 9volt lights are barely larger than a

old pocket box of matches and weight nothing

the Kaito KA500 radio is the one thing I would hate to part with if you look at the features you may see why

It comes with a High quality AC type brushless generator. The solar panel powers the radio by itself and charges the built-in batteries as well. To maximize the sunlight’s rays, the solar panel is designed to tilt with the suns position to receive the energy during the day time. On the bottom side of the solar panel is a 5 LED reading lamp that you can use in poorly lit conditions. The radio is built with a multi-function LED flashlight. The super bright LED on the side can be used as a flashlight or can be a red flashing emergency signal.

The 7 Band Weather radio precisely gives you weather bands. The weather alert feature enables you to receive the alert signal when a disaster arrives.

Specifications:

6 Ways of Power:

1. Dynamo Cranking Power: 120 turns per minute of cranking will power the built in Ni-MH battery pack with strong current and voltage.

2. Solar Panel Power: Under the direct sunlight, the solar panel will power the radio without a problem.

3. AA Batteries: You can use 3 normal AA batteries to run the radio for maximum reception.

4. A built-in Rechargeable battery pack.

5. AC adaptor charge from the 3.5 mm jack. (Optional)

6. Charge from a computer via USB port.

Lighting:

1. 5 LED reading lamp for camping and emergency use.

2. White LED flashlight

3. Red LED blinking for emergency alert.

Radio Reception

1. AM: 520-1710 KHz

2. FM: 87.00- 108.00 MHz

3. SW1: 3.20-9.00MHz

4. SW2: 9.00- 22.00MHz

Weather Band: 7 standard bands for all stations, PLL crystal control circuit for stable reception

5. Weather Alert: To be activated by weather alert signals.

To power the radio with sunlight, the solar panel is deigned to tilt at any angle to receive the best sunlight

AC adaptor is an option, you can order online from them

the MP3 player I mentioned has Am and Fm radio as well as 8 gigs of memory if you want you can make MP3 files on your computer of anything

survival related or other instructive notes some have a voice recorder feature

I forgot to mention I have a 5X parabolic mirror 3+ inches in diameter find them in pharmacy isle

do I need all this crap well NO I could make it with a pistol box of ammo and a large knife but life sucks enough already if you think it's too much

a kids stroller or bike trailer and drag it behind you OK for hard road but not great for the woods or make a pair of drag poles

2 poles one pin w/ R clip or called a hairpin clip that fits well to a large push mower wheel some spacers to keep wheel from rubbing the poles

a small tarp and a few bungee's and you can hold the end of the poles or I would have 2 holes in the handles and put a rope through and put it over my shoulders behind my neck and drag it the closer the weight to the wheel {careful not to drag on the wheel} the easer to pull

The rope needs to be adjusted too high not controllable to low uncomfortable.

as long as it can be disassembled and fit in your vehicle if you use 3/4 inch iron pipe you can stuff it with items and with couplings you can make it longer

than your space one more pole and you have a tee pee.

Get inventive and make screw on tips for gigging spear heads net hoops different sizes to catch birds at night or fish / minnows {redneck sardines or bait} with a piece of mosquito netting

Anywho imagine an A with or without the cross bar and a para cord net between and eye bolts to attach the para cord hammock or tarp you can push it like a wheel barrow but better to drag it as it could turn into a pole vault .....

Just my EDC

the bag is one of these http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=18784&tabid=548&catid=3176

WITH a few mods. [ATTACH=CONFIG]1650[/ATTACH]

Its not made with a CCW in mind, but the material that lines the main capartment is a smoother type of Hook&Loop, allowing me to securely insert one of these on one side:

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/UNIVERSAL-CCW-HOLSTER-34p48.htm

Which also leaves enough room on the same side to insert one of these: http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Hook-and-loop-PALS-Webbing-Panel-Insert-34p1219.htm

post-2256-13851498290062_thumb.jpg

Now.. before posting my contents, plz understand my reason for some of it. I travel all over the area on a daily basis. I could be ANYWHERE between Port Huron all the way down river to Algonac to Deaborn or as far north as Oxford/Clarkston. If disaster strikes, i could be on my own for a few days... surviving.... near Detroit, trying to get home... and thats IF home is even there.and if home ISNT there, this also means my wife isnt either. This EDC, could then be my BoB. I do have an actual BoB, but this COULD be what Im left with.. so, these are the items i think are most important.

Contents of EDC: FIRE< WATER< SHELTER< FOOD< DEFENSE < Medical

FIRE----

Magnesium+striker, 2 lighters, ferro, Cotton+vaseline in ziploc, mini Vaseline jar and Hand Sanitizer

1pill bottle of waterproof matches (striker strip in the bottle)

Water----

2 bottles water purifier tablets. I added a bottle after the pic.

I keep a case of bottled water (Cold Mountain) and about a week of dry foods in the trunk of car.

Sponge in ziploc

SHELTERR/CLothing---

EMergency Blanket..not much i know

Being in michigan and currently winter, daily i wear my insulated work boots, t-shirt and sweatshirt or a fleece if im working , Duluth Trading work Gloves (thank you Snake for refering that site,alot of GREAT stuff) Beanie at, winter jacket with hood.

3 pairs of hand/foot warmers

FOOD----

2400calories of Mainstay

2cans Sardines

2 'Relaxation Tea' bags

1 5hour Energy

1 'Builder's' 20g Protien Bar

1 MRE heater (for cooking dry food in the car)

1 pair corn cob scewers

DEFENSE----

S&W MP .45, 4 mags+1chambered (mags are loaded with Law Enforcment WInchester JHP)

1 full box of .45 FMJ

BG Ultimate fixed blade knife+ferro

GUn CLeaning Kit

MEDICAL----

Carried in a DropLeg MOLLE magazine pouch. I pack the 3 pockets according to the step of treating a wound. Clean+Sanitize, Disinfect, Dress

3x sterile non-adhesive gauze

3x normal gauze pads

1full roll med tape

1 tube triple antibiotic

1 tube burn cream

Ziploc w/ pills: painkillers , tums, allergy, vitamins, etc

Assortment of Bandaids and butterflys

1 self-adhesive ACE bandage

1 bottle Iodide tincture

Handfull of alcohol swabs

Handfull of Antiseptic wipes

Exacto blade

Orajel

Lip Balm

Ziploc with gloves and cotton balls

Also for medical type stuff i have:

-About a month of special meds for me. (I wont die without em nothing like that, but life is better if i have em)

-Ziploc containing 4 seperate ziplocs, each bag containing a full course of antibiotics: Ampicillin, Amoxicillin, Doxycycline, Cipro

-2 packs of IoSAT (potassium Iodide 130mg) I chose IoSAT brand because its the best of the ONLY 2 iodide pills that are approved by FDA AND stocked by the Military/Fed Govt

MISC stuff:

COmpass

TOILET PAPER!!

Fence Cutters

Compressed hand towels

'Write in the Rain' tablet and Pen

SAS survival guide (mini)

-------------------

IN MY POCKETS (daily)

2" BG folder blade

Leatherman WIngman tool

LED flashlight

4" BG folding blade

X amount of cash

4x 90% silver Quarters (.715 oz pure Silver)

Ill post my BoB a little later

post-2256-1385149828962_thumb.jpg

Mine is going to be long too. I cant figure out how to post a picture. ANyway if anyone wouldn't mind giving me a private message headsup I would appreciate :D

Green Bug out Bag

Water, water holder (strap on shoulder) water purifier , Platypus bladder water bags (2)Magnetic around neck eyeglasses

aluminum foil, can opener, , enamel pot, enamel long handled metal spoon (could use for digging),

eating set, compass, tarp,Hand flashlight, Head Flashlight slingshot, 8 tins cat food / dry cat food, book- When all hell breaks

loose Includes First Aid Instructions,Hairbrush is also a signalling mirror, Manicure set, Pumice stone,

cloth, dental floss, toothbrush/paste , rock crystal deodorant quick dry towel, eyeGlasses with hairbands,

soap, roll tp, laundry line, clothes peg ,Bible/cards,Harmonica, solar powered/battery/crank radio

Firestarter (Homemade), Lighter, Matches Waterproof, Candle, whistle, paraffin bracelet Rope, bungee cords,

small & large rope, Cutlery, carbine, Whistle, ), Large Garbagebags, notepad/pen, swiss army knife explorer,

SOG Seal Pup Elite with Kydex sheath

First Aid Supplies

Hot water bottle, Rubber Gloves (doing first aid), mask, scissors, razor&blades, tweezers/nailclippers, needle& thread,

safetypins, thermometor, styptic pencil, skin brush, Qtips, variety bandages, gauze,tape, Tensor bandages,

Sling, fingersplint, cottonpads, Gaviscon, polysporin eyes, Neosporin ointment, Euculiptus Oil, Oregano

Oil, Teatree oil, almond oil, rescue remedy, Echinacea, fishermens friend, Benadryl allergy, Advil cold & Sinus,

vaporub, calamine lotion, aspirin, Tylenol 3, Tincture of Iodine, Star of Anise Oil (2), Dr.Bones & Nurse Amys book ordered

Food

Quinoa, coconut oil, peanutbutter, crackers, instant espresso, hot chocolate, teabags, greens powder,

oatmeal premixed with salt & sugar, fruit candy , salmon, oysters, seaweed, energy nut mix,

pancake mix, rum, bottle of water, 7 multivitamins, Chia Seeds, small bottle rum

Clothes

Waterproof breathable jacket, scarf, leather gloves, socks, rubber beach shoes, tuke, underwear

CURRENT WEIGHT 43 Pounds. Really need to get this down as hammock, stove, sleepiong bag etc enroute

ITEMS ORDERED AND WAITING TO COME:

1 Biolite Campstove http://biolitestove.com/campstove/camp-overview/features/

1 Sawyer Point One Complete Gravity Fed 2 L Water Filter http://www.dealsergeant.com/sawyer-point-one-complete-gravity-fed-2-l-water-filter.html

1 Mil Spec How to Tie Knots Card http://www.dealsergeant.com/mil-spec-how-to-tie-knots-card.html

1 YoYo Automatic Fishing Reel http://www.dealsergeant.com/yo-yo-automatic-fishing-reel.html

1 Speedhook Emergency Fishing and Trapping Kit Military Version http://www.dealsergeant.com/speedhook-emergency-fishing-and-trapping-kit-military-version.html

1 outdoor Meal Kit 6 pc http://www.dealsergeant.com/outdoor-meal-kit-light-my-fire-12-23-11.html

1 Frabill Seine Net 4' x 12' - 1/4" Mesh http://frabill.com/2154.html Will ship around January Pre Paid

Still need to purchase is a Hennessy Hammock, Hiking boots, lightweight sleeping bag and poncho or tarp for rain, 100 feet paracord

rubbertubing hoses for siphoning water, 100 cash in small bills, fish antibiotics, cold steel E Tool

My BoB [ATTACH=CONFIG]1655[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1656[/ATTACH]

COnsider the fact that if i have a chance, and IF i deem it neccessary to pack the wife and BoBs to hit the road, this also means i have very very little intention of ever returning. Detroit is not prone to Floods, hurricanes, earthquakes or really any other natural event or 'Act of God' that people die from. SO whatever reason it may be to pack this up and GTFOOD, itll be a one way trip. THis also means I'll have my EDC bag as well.

From top left ro right...

TOP ZIPPER COMPARTMENT---

Far top left = paracord lanyard (big enough to wear around neck) with 2 different Ferro+striker, magnesium

1st Ziploc = All different types of firestarter stuff. and swiss army style metal stove w/ fuel tablets. LED flashlight

2nd ziploc = NOAA Radio, bic lighter, Iso Alcohol and hydrogen peroxide

3rd ziploc = baggy of pills/painkillers/vitamins etc., ear protection, Various antibiotics, chem light, extra plastic camp spork, water purifier tablets

1 pair cotton grip gloves w/ 1 pair handwarmers

FRONT MIDDLE ZIP Compartment---

TOp middle:

Small Otter box for comprehensive med kit (even has hemostats and sutures)

Farmers Almanac 2013

1box long-burn matches

Coleman Lantern Mantels

1200Calorie by MayDay

MAIN COMPARTMENT

Tuna MRE + 4oz Veggy oil + 2oz Salt + lil red plastic drinking cup

Coleman camp Lantern +1 extra propane tank

Lil orange trowel (shiot shovel)

Collapsable camp cup (yellow circle thing)

2 person Emergency Bivvy

GUn cleaning stuff

100ft Para Cord

16" Estwing Camper axe

50' rope

Roll of 4x 25 gallon trash bags

Ziploc of Dry Pasta dinners (5meals)

6 pair hand/foot warmers

1box .45 FMJ 230grain

BIG TRASHBAG = clothes > Duluth Trading Canvas insulated pants (heavy and bulky but worth having in a pinch), 2pair socks, 2 tshirts, Fleece half zip, Wool facemask also from Duluth

Another Ziploc = 2more pairs of socks, bandana, tshirt (doubles as my pillow)

Small black bag under the big clothing trashbag = toiletries and hygien stuff (razors, shampoo, deoderant etc)

Another small black bag = RZ racing dust Mask (also from Duluth Trading)

SMall stainless steel cup, extra Nylon belt

Another FULL First Aid kit. Its something you buy in the store , but ive added ALOT of stuff to it. Given all my First aid stuff I should be able to at least 'control' or stabilize just about any injury... anything short of losing a major appendage.

2 Mainstay 3600calorie

Green 'Dry Box' = just FOOD oatmeal, Sardines, spork blahblah

4person Tent

Bottom ziploc bag = misc stuff

Lil bit o Gorilla tape

Mink oil for leather/boot care

Sharpy marker

1 pack Gorilla superGlue

2x Handsanitizer

2 different mini bug repellant spray

Insect bite/sting relief spray

USB Flash drive of documents

1 full pouch Redman long cut , loose chewing tobacco

mini sewing kit

LED flashlight (second one)

EZ towels

Toilet Deoderant T-5 M.F.

3 extra sets of batteries for everything.

not pictured, still in the bag, is my "All Outdoors Atlas & Field Guide" of Southern Michigan

MY WIfe's BoB is very similar. THe only variances are determined by how we split tasks. Such as...she has more of the cooking prep stuff.

While i focus on things like Fire, Water,toilet, Security. I carry the Tent/Cover/stacks, while she carries a 10x10tarp and Roll of hvy duty Plastic

Each BoB has a good week of Food/Calories. Capability to Purify and filter 200gallons of water. Fire starters for a VERY long time.

Mine is going to be long too. I cant figure out how to post a picture. ANyway if anyone wouldn't mind giving me a private message headsup I would appreciate :D

Green Bug out Bag

Water, water holder (strap on shoulder) water purifier , Platypus bladder water bags (2)Magnetic around neck eyeglasses

aluminum foil, can opener, , enamel pot, enamel long handled metal spoon (could use for digging),

eating set, compass, tarp,Hand flashlight, Head Flashlight slingshot, 8 tins cat food / dry cat food, book- When all hell breaks

loose Includes First Aid Instructions,Hairbrush is also a signalling mirror, Manicure set, Pumice stone,

cloth, dental floss, toothbrush/paste , rock crystal deodorant quick dry towel, eyeGlasses with hairbands,

soap, roll tp, laundry line, clothes peg ,Bible/cards,Harmonica, solar powered/battery/crank radio

Firestarter (Homemade), Lighter, Matches Waterproof, Candle, whistle, paraffin bracelet Rope, bungee cords,

small & large rope, Cutlery, carbine, Whistle, ), Large Garbagebags, notepad/pen, swiss army knife explorer,

SOG Seal Pup Elite with Kydex sheath

First Aid Supplies

Hot water bottle, Rubber Gloves (doing first aid), mask, scissors, razor&blades, tweezers/nailclippers, needle& thread,

safetypins, thermometor, styptic pencil, skin brush, Qtips, variety bandages, gauze,tape, Tensor bandages,

Sling, fingersplint, cottonpads, Gaviscon, polysporin eyes, Neosporin ointment, Euculiptus Oil, Oregano

Oil, Teatree oil, almond oil, rescue remedy, Echinacea, fishermens friend, Benadryl allergy, Advil cold & Sinus,

vaporub, calamine lotion, aspirin, Tylenol 3, Tincture of Iodine, Star of Anise Oil (2), Dr.Bones & Nurse Amys book ordered

Food

Quinoa, coconut oil, peanutbutter, crackers, instant espresso, hot chocolate, teabags, greens powder,

oatmeal premixed with salt & sugar, fruit candy , salmon, oysters, seaweed, energy nut mix,

pancake mix, rum, bottle of water, 7 multivitamins, Chia Seeds, small bottle rum

Clothes

Waterproof breathable jacket, scarf, leather gloves, socks, rubber beach shoes, tuke, underwear

CURRENT WEIGHT 43 Pounds. Really need to get this down as hammock, stove, sleepiong bag etc enroute

ITEMS ORDERED AND WAITING TO COME:

1 Biolite Campstove http://biolitestove.com/campstove/camp-overview/features/

1 Sawyer Point One Complete Gravity Fed 2 L Water Filter http://www.dealsergeant.com/sawyer-point-one-complete-gravity-fed-2-l-water-filter.html

1 Mil Spec How to Tie Knots Card http://www.dealsergeant.com/mil-spec-how-to-tie-knots-card.html

1 YoYo Automatic Fishing Reel http://www.dealsergeant.com/yo-yo-automatic-fishing-reel.html

1 Speedhook Emergency Fishing and Trapping Kit Military Version http://www.dealsergeant.com/speedhook-emergency-fishing-and-trapping-kit-military-version.html

1 outdoor Meal Kit 6 pc http://www.dealsergeant.com/outdoor-meal-kit-light-my-fire-12-23-11.html

1 Frabill Seine Net 4' x 12' - 1/4" Mesh http://frabill.com/2154.html Will ship around January Pre Paid

Still need to purchase is a Hennessy Hammock, Hiking boots, lightweight sleeping bag and poncho or tarp for rain, 100 feet paracord

rubbertubing hoses for siphoning water, 100 cash in small bills, fish antibiotics, cold steel E Tool

very good kit keep up the good work...

The one thing I do not see and it pisses me off to no end because I have posted about it to no end {just kidding}

A small block and tackle using 550 par cord:

many hardware stores carry blocks with different width sheaves usually a 3 with a 4 is the best

a 2 with a 3 sheave is good but not as much power, but a hell of a lot more than you can do without a block and tackle even if you live in

a treeless area boulders or a buried dead man.

many of you speak of getting a hammock without a block and tackle many will be dragging on the ground due to rope stretch a block & tackle solves this problem quickly also it can be used to winch large game up or pull the hide off

I guess here is a good place to place some knot information in mountainous areas a rope is your life or that of a travel companion

there are a number of reasons to repel or climb even to rope together in a flood or blinding storm use for a guide line in same incidents

if your spelunking you need a line to guide you out should it become a divergent hole in lakes and streams not to be swept away and an

accent line if free diving using a buoy to keep you from being taken out in a tide.

the one compound knot everyone should know by heart is a truckers hitch it consists of actually three knots and there are variations of these

but on one end a bowline bowline on a bight and a clove or a stop hitch or combination of both

here is a site that has animated knots like a movie it shows how to tie them

http://www.animatedknots.com/doublefishermans/index.php

having a deck of Knot playing cards to have a way to pass the time during foul weather and also have a library of knots and how to tie them..

http://www.campingsurvival.com/knotplaycarl.html

Remember that doubling your line to repel allows you to pull it down after you have reached bottom always have a plan and review it to insure

you have a safe and clear idea of what your attempting to do and how it will conclude bearing in mind any possibility of accidents or problems.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1672[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1673[/ATTACH]

New prepper just trying to see what's out there. Here's what I have so far:

water purification tablets, magnesium fire starter, waterproof matches, e-tool w/ cover, flash drive (pictures, important documents), coffee filters, boonie cover, bandanas, large 10x10 tarp, heavy duty poncho, basic ponchos, canteens w/ covers, back-up D batteries, duct tape, tanto blade knife w/ serrated edge, machete w/ sheath, sewing kit, 100 ft. 550 cord, collapsible water bottle, signal mirror, whistle, CRKT spork, 50 zip ties, durable gloves, maps of surrounding areas, hand can opener, pack of baby wipes, garbage bags, playing cards, lighters, Gerber multitool, rubber bands, cold weather balaclava, beanie, vaseline-soaked cotton balls, military compass, hygiene kit, latex gloves, head lamp, mini mag lite, cold weather clothes, bug net, chem lights, and a medkit.

Still a work in progress! I have revised my B.O.B. several times and am still trying to shed ounces and stay under 50 lbs. However, there are a few items I would still like to add so it's always changing! I invite any and all questions, comments, constructive criticisms, ideas, etc.! (Sorry if the pics didn't come out!)

ENO hammock and Kelty Noah's tarp combo makes a great lightweight shelter. I would recommend a firearm or other ranged defensive weapon. Some paracord is always nice to have. Duct tape is essential. Water and a means to purify water. Food? Bandana is good, sheemag is better. Compass! Good local map. Just some ideas.

Got the firearms locked down! Big believer in the 3 gun rule...Standard 16" M4 with basic mods. Glock as my secondayr. The wife has a Mossberg 500 as well. Just aquired 100 ft. of coyote brown 550 cord in addition to my king cobra weave paracord bracelet. I must've forgot the tape cuz there's a roll of it sitting right next to my storage container!! I also just recently added a sheemagh to the inventory and will keep the bandanas as back-up's. "Two is one; one is none!" Thanks for the suggestions!!

The medium size Alice pack works perfectly for a few reasons. It has the perfect amount of space to carry what I think I'll need for at least 72 hours. The straps are very comfortable and the kidney pad adds additional support. It also sits high enough on my back so I don't feel like I'm carrying someone (good weight displacement). As far as ammo is concerned, I'll be carrying 6 M4 mags and 5 pistol mags. As far as water goes, I'm still trying to work that out. I know the recommended amount per person per day is 1 gallon, but my bug out location is less than a day's travel time away so I was thinking a camelbak and one canteen per person...any suggestions??