Sign in to follow this  
Mudbass7

Well played obama...

Part of the 47% romney was talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

According to the Federal Communications Communication, a program that gives free or subsidized phones to low-income people has doubled in the state of Ohio over the past year, to cover more than 1 million people. The Dayton Daily News reports that the program cost the state of Ohio almost $27 million – just in the first quarter of 2012. That was a more than $11 million increase from the same period the previous year.

Taxpayers are covering this program two ways: direct cash expenditures, and a raise in phone rates via the “Universal Service Fund” charge on phone bills.

No wonder so many voters in Ohio are supporting Obama. They are getting Obama phones.

As best as I can tell it is a nationwide program under the "SafeLink Wireless" name. The web site is

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enrollment/Safelink/en/Public/NewHome.html

Well intentioned I am sure. It is designed for the "income eligible" and you may participate if you qualify for programs such as Food Stamps and Medicaid.

My understanding is that they are presently working on a "50INCHLCDTV In Your Home" program which is expected to be rolled out shortly. :rolleyes:

The 50inchlcdtv program already started.. They got mine 3 years ago. I have an alarm system now!

I'll give ya'll 3 guesses as to who delivers those Obama phones, and the first 2 don't even count!

Your friendly, neighborhood FedEx guy (that'd be me). I first put it together about a year ago. I kept taking phone to people that could barely speak English, knew they didn't have a job, had 8 kids running around, etc.

After the 5th phone to the same place, you start figuring stuff out.

The 50inchlcdtv program already started.. They got mine 3 years ago. I have an alarm system now!

I'll give ya'll 3 guesses as to who delivers those Obama phones, and the first 2 don't even count!

Your friendly, neighborhood FedEx guy (that'd be me). I first put it together about a year ago. I kept taking phone to people that could barely speak English, knew they didn't have a job, had 8 kids running around, etc.

After the 5th phone to the same place, you start figuring stuff out.

After running 1 911 call to one of those houses you figure it out lmao

Just five things is all I have to add to this.

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else first.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them; and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end.

Edited by desert rat

concur DR. glad to see my hard earned cash is going to fund somebody else's cell phone when my wife's own cell phone is broken and I cant afford to get it replaced right now. tell me again why they need a cellphone? a land line yes, emergency? you don't need full service minutes to dial 911. this is why the welfare system needs to die for now then we can rebuild it after darwin has had his fun.

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else first.

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them; and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end.

So DR, are you thinking that is TBOTE? :rolleyes:

So DR, are you thinking that is TBOTE? :rolleyes:

I think Churchill's quote is appropriate here: "It is not the end. It is not even THE BEGINNING OF THE END. It is, however, the end of the beginning." (or words to that effect.) We are in a time of great transition; whether for better or for worse I am not wise enough to know. I am sure that if we get the next few years wrong, my beloved America will not survive.

I pray that some of the spirit of our founders still lives on in enough people that we will persevere through the tough times ahead and save the last hope for mankind. If we fail, we will enter a new dark ages that will make the medieval times appear like 'the good old days'.

Just my not so humble opinion.

Edited by Capt Bart
safe to save

I couldn't have said it better Capt Bart. TYVM Sir!

The seriousness of the situation is far greater than

some think. The balancing of the budget is going to be tough. No one can spend more than they

bring in. Borrowing from Peter to pay Paul does not work and is not the answer. I for one sure as

hell don't want to wind up like some of the EU countries.

The deficit, jobs, economy, housing, stock market; we're in a world of chit not brought on by any

single prez but by many. I once took a job with a company, money woes began for them.

They laid people off. You know sent them home! Quit paying them! Quit spending on stuff.

They recovered.

I assume you all know that the tax breaks we have been living

with over the past several years are going to expire soon? Yep, that's right. Bushes tax cuts and believe

it or not Barry gave us I believe a 2% break. It's comforting to know that the cost of living has increased

threefold, what I earn hasn't risen any significant value at all. Groceries, fuel, through the roof, and wait a

minute, I believe I saw something on the news the other day that a gallon of milk may cost around $4 gal. soon.

Rant over.......

AP tax breaks:

http://hosted2.ap.org/OREUG/d0732c86f9b44a428fc30e935ef90fcf/Article_2012-09-19-Why%20It%20Matters-Taxes/id-033c7667dfe045c8a86b8064cae337c1

I pray that some of the spirit of our founders still lives on in enough people that we will persevere through the tough times ahead and safe the last hope for mankind. If we fail, we will enter a new dark ages that will make the medieval times appear like 'the good old days'.

Ditto Sir!

Edited by desert rat

Part of the 47% romney was talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

According to the Federal Communications Communication, a program that gives free or subsidized phones to low-income people has doubled in the state of Ohio over the past year, to cover more than 1 million people. The Dayton Daily News reports that the program cost the state of Ohio almost $27 million – just in the first quarter of 2012. That was a more than $11 million increase from the same period the previous year.

Taxpayers are covering this program two ways: direct cash expenditures, and a raise in phone rates via the “Universal Service Fund” charge on phone bills.

No wonder so many voters in Ohio are supporting Obama. They are getting Obama phones.

According to the US Census in 2011 there were 11,544,951 people living in Ohio....would it not be cheaper to just give each one a share of the 27 million spent in the first quarter of this year? After all, I think I could afford to buy a cell phone if the government handed me 2 million plus in "free" money. JMHO Heck...just give me the money and keep the #@%&4$ phone. I wouldn't want to be talking to poor people anyway. OH Brain F@#t If all my broke neighbors got the same amount then we all would be middle class?? Guess I could still talk to them HA HA

Edited by Partsman

I think I would change these five items slightly.

1. You CAN legislate the wealth out of prosperity.

2. You CAN make people work without receiving.

3. The government CAN give to anybody anything that the government first takes from somebody else.

4. You CAN reduce wealth by dividing it.

5. Half of the people HAVE the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them; and the other half KNOWS that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, and that WILL work for a long time.

:rolleyes:

Capt.Bart...

I pray that some of the spirit of our founders still lives on in enough people that we will persevere through the tough times ahead and safe the last hope for mankind. If we fail, we will enter a new dark ages that will make the medieval times appear like 'the good old days'.

Rod..

5. Half of the people HAVE the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them; and the other half KNOWS that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, and that WILL work for a long time.

as you can see We are at a divide in this Country..and after last nights 'Board room meeting"(he was told he was Fired..in my opion)The fear of those who want everyting for free and those who GIVE IT will react !!

wait and see 'What Happens next ".It will take 5 days ..JMO..