Sign in to follow this  
101matt

So What is Marshal Law??what effect does it have on common people?

Ok so I realy dont Know about the effects of Marshal Law..How will effect us in the short and long term..

What happems first.What can and cant we do?

Please somebody smarter than me advise.

Im sorry to ask.please dont through me out of the Forum.

Alot of the effect it has on people will depend on the CAUSE & Reason for Martial Law.

In one way or another, everyones daily life will be disrupted. Not come to a stop, but inconvenienced.

Maybe your usual drive to work will be blocked, or cant get to work at all because its blocked off.

Because of those road blocks maybe a larger number of people have to go to a more central grocery store preventing you from getting all you need.

Its really hard to tell, without knowing the cause of it.

Wally, at a minimum, the 1st & 2nd Amendment would be ‘suspended’. Speech would be judged and inappropriate speech would be stopped. The government would not want any resistance to their efforts so they would use firearm registration lists to confiscate legally owned firearms. This has already happened in California and New Orleans. NDAA would come into effect and Habius Corpus would go away so the powers could ‘arrest and detain’ anyone for whatever reason and for as long as they deem fit. The government may, and probably would, set up roadblocks to curb travel and/or conduct searches to anyone they deem to be ‘disenfranchised’ with their rule. Depending upon the government’s needs, they may mandate that you provide food and quarters for troops.

In other words, the US Constitution could – key word is could – be suspended for our own good. Of course, it’ll be ‘for our own good’. The Führer knows what is best for all of us.

Would also suspend elections for the duration of the order. I am confuse on another point I know that the president can declare marshal law, but does he like a declaration of war then have to go to congress to continue it?

Would also suspend elections for the duration of the order. I am confuse on another point I know that the president can declare marshal law, but does he like a declaration of war then have to go to congress to continue it?

No, he does not. In fact, if properly crafted the Declaration of Martial Law may prevent Congress from meeting. Martial law says the military is in charge and the commander in chief of the military runs the whole show. Now, we all know who the CIC is so ......

Interesting thing about elections is that the Fed has no authority to cancel them - elections belong to the States. I'm not totally sure that the Fed can declare martial law without the consent of the governor of the state in which it is declared. Not that such legal fine points mean much when looking at a tank but there it is ... martial law would be the last step in a free country. The next step is the CIC assuming dictatorial power for the good of the sheeple.

In the April 1992 Los Angeles "Uprising" (Rodney king riots-thank YOU Maxine waters) the then governor of California called in the National Guard and declared "Martial Law", which means the National Guard-controlled by the State Governor in an emergency like natural disasters, or "civil unrest-riots", etc. is in charge of all law enforcement duties. They can arrest and detain suspects without due process, for the "duration of the emergency", which under a despot like Hugo Have could be for a lifetime. There was SOME "confusion" during those riots because US Marines from Camp Pendelton were mobilized under a Posse Comitatus violation of the US Constitution to patrol the streets, and that stopped the scum from their predation. The Marines faded from public view once the National Guard showed up, without their ammo. It was all show, and that was not lost on the thugs and gangs, next time, the NG folks had better have ammo to shoot back.

Martial Law theoretically can only be initiated baby a state Governor, after a declaration of an "emergency", or POTUS in the event of a "national emergency" which to date, I believe has never been clearly defined. Under any scenario, the NG or federally troops, do NOT have to go through any court orders or other jurisprudence niceties, like probable cause, for any detention(arrest), road closures, property seizures, etc. you are indeed guilty until proven innocent. Many US presidents have used it wantonly from ROOSEVELT on back.

Malcolm, The biggest issue is that the Marines aren't under the restrictions of Posse Comitatus Act since they are part of the Dept of Navy. The Navy is "exempt" from the Act in its wording. The DoD has placed restrictions, but only so far as to say that members must act within the law (not Posse Comitatus but federal law). They sent Marines into Montana over the Freemen standoff in the 90's as well.

My opinion is that the Dept of Navy was left out of the Act for 2 reasons; 1) they usually did not deploy to land battles (even the Marines didn't operate much on land under their historical role and 2) they were used to enforce Maritime Law and the land battles were Marines enforcing the law upon pirates (Tripoli comes to mind). I think the issue now will be the legal hair splitting and the biggest reason the gov't doesn't want to use the military is political fall out which won't matter much when they push for total control. JMO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

How many here think that Marshall Law will be declared in the US within the next five years? This is an important question to ask and answer. If Marshall Law is declared, all our prepping can be tossed out the window. Here’s why:

Many that post here feel like they government has a ‘file’ on them. If this is true, the government knows that we have food, water and probably firearms for home protection. The first thing they will take are our firearms. Once defenseless, they will take our food stores and give it to the soldiers, police and whatever other ‘civilian entity’ the CIC can use against us. Once that is done, where are we? We are unarmed. We have no long-term food storage. We can be arrested for any reason and we can be confined for as long as the government decides to keep us. We function at the whim of the CIC… and that is not a comforting thought.

So, where are we if and when Marshall Law is declared?

OK, Posse Comitatus is not a violation of the US Constitution; it is just law that could be changed by Congress since it was passed by Congress.

The risk of Martial Law is always, will the military respond. When Washington called up the military to put down the Whiskey Rebellion he was very concerned that the military would not respond. If they had not, the US was finished as a Federal nation. They responded and here we are.

Yes, I expect it to be used. I do not expect it to be very effective. Remember, it can be as simple as no travel after sunset. With over a 150 Million homes containing over 250 million guns, actually going house to house collecting guns would be suicide for the government. Remember how well it worked for the British at Concord and Lexington. Given the level of reasoning thought inside the beltway, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried it but it would trigger open rebellion. I THINK they know that but Heinlein's Razor (also called Hanlon's razor but Robert said it first) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor applies.

You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity

or in Hanlon's usage

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Martial law is hardly ever a shock.The most important thing is that death of democracy.The declaration has made people be mute for a moment.The rights of the people to speak and share their opinion in that current situation was totally denied and deprived.

Cap’n, as you already know, you are 100% correct about Posse Comitatus. You asked an excellent question, “Will the military respond?” Sadly, I believe that the vast majority of the military know very little, if anything, about the Constitution. Their grasp of the Constitution is slim and they might no recognize an illegal order when they hear one. I believe that the military will, when given the order, fire upon Amerikan citizens. And that will lead to nothing good. I believe that the civilians will fire back. It’ll be another example of brother killing brother. I pray we never devolve to that level.

Coastie, I will give you some good news on that thought; we had the "will you fire on American civilians?" survey given to my reserve unit a couple years ago (2009) and out of 248 personnel, only 5 answered yes. They were activated and "deployed" to the DC metro area to act as "security" for officials. They did a 12 month stint and when they returned to the unit, they requested transfers because they weren't received very well by the rest of us. I took that as a good sign personally. I only hope that other units had the same percentages as we did.

Reg, your post gives me some hope but I am not sold yet. It is one thing to say, “I will not fire on US citizens” in a survey but can these people look into the eyes of their commanding officer or an O-6 and do the same thing. When taking a survey there is no stress. No one is yelling at them demanding they fire. During a survey, people can have ‘survey bravado’ which disappears in real life. But, when given direct orders, that bravado crumbles and they do as they are told.

Think about Kent State. In 13 seconds, the National Guard killed four students and wounded nine others. I bet a lot of these soldiers would have said that they would never fire at civilians, too. But they did. They fired 67 rounds at civilians – at students – with little or no thought. They shot at a rate exceeding 5 rounds per second. That means that more than one Guardsman was shooting.

Another question I would like to ask active duty members is, “Why would you not fire at Amerikan citizens?” I bet that more people would say that they are Amerikans so they wouldn’t fire. I bet few – very few – would mention the Constitution and most that discuss the Constitution would be higher ranked enlisted members and officers. I am betting that most of the lower enlisted ranks would not quote the Constitution but they could tell you who won ‘American Idol’ or ‘Dancing with the Stars’.

That said, I pray that I am wrong!

The Battle is being fought on the "News" channels now,fostering the Illusion that the comander in chief is always correct even when TELLING a bold face lie!!!

Imagine...NY national guard in West Virginia after the "PUSH''..Yep they would probabley take some fire(while enforcing the law) and Yes the N.G. would fire back!!!

The states are too seperate,differences abound(we are hicks,banjo playing uncuth red necks) and the CONSTITUTION is the only thing that binds us togeather...Once that is removed..WILL we still be BROTHERS?..Dont think so..

JMHO

Coastie, I would have been suspect just hearing an O6 give an order pertaining to civilians. IMO, they are politicians first and soldiers second. I know we have some good officers, but I think too many are just looking to get college paid for and/or looking to use it as a stepping stone to politics and that doesn't count the "sheep-dipped" azzholes who should be &*&^ just for wearing the uniform.

I agree that we will be in very dangerous waters when the issue becomes reality and I Pray as well.

Reg, your post gives me some hope but I am not sold yet. It is one thing to say, “I will not fire on US citizens” in a survey but can these people look into the eyes of their commanding officer or an O-6 and do the same thing. When taking a survey there is no stress. No one is yelling at them demanding they fire. During a survey, people can have ‘survey bravado’ which disappears in real life. But, when given direct orders, that bravado crumbles and they do as they are told.

Think about Kent State. In 13 seconds, the National Guard killed four students and wounded nine others. I bet a lot of these soldiers would have said that they would never fire at civilians, too. But they did. They fired 67 rounds at civilians – at students – with little or no thought. They shot at a rate exceeding 5 rounds per second. That means that more than one Guardsman was shooting.

Another question I would like to ask active duty members is, “Why would you not fire at Amerikan citizens?” I bet that more people would say that they are Amerikans so they wouldn’t fire. I bet few – very few – would mention the Constitution and most that discuss the Constitution would be higher ranked enlisted members and officers. I am betting that most of the lower enlisted ranks would not quote the Constitution but they could tell you who won ‘American Idol’ or ‘Dancing with the Stars’.

That said, I pray that I am wrong!

EXCOASTIE this has actually become an open a is a commonly discussecd topic in the Active Duty right now

The vast majority are against this especially the NCO Corps and the lower enlisted. I have pulled duty with several officer outside my unit that have brought this up and in my last unit it was Major topic as that is the unit tasked with it, I have even seen a full bird retire over the possibility and the threats our Gov. is tracking So I will Say with overwhelming confidence the bulk of our forces will not! That being said Uncle knows this that is why the major push for automation, it is not to keep us out of harms way its to take our convictions beliefs and possible interference out of the game.

To add my 2 cents to Warrior's post, I also feel this will be a reason why our military will be deployed to cover the middle east. If our troops are deployed halfway around the world and concentrating on staying alive or keeping their Battle Buddy alive, they won't be here to defend the American public.

That will also be the reason they use to utilize "peace keepers" on US soil. I do not know 100% this is how things will play out, but do see it as a possibility.

The horror of the GI abandoned overseas by a government that just doesn't care is a starting point for more than a few stories. I always thought it was an unreasonable assumption ..... until recently. Pray for our troops as well as our country; both are being seriously abused by those who would betray them.