Sign in to follow this  
ZM1995

rite in rain paper and pencils

They work like a charm! I wrote a note standing outside during a hurricane if that's any help.

It did blow out of my hand whenI ripped it out of the book but I'm sure it's somewhere around here still readable. I wasn't leaving a note for anybody or doing anything serious, just wanted to test the thing out in rain. The paper is coated with some kind of plastic I think. I even tried chewing a bit up like we did to make spitwads in school. Never dampened it. I'm not sure but I think I heard about it from a Sootch00 gear review on YouTube. Look him up also..

Haven't tried the pens... I just used a pencil.

Ps- found the link to the review

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3KINkOPYBU8

Edited by Hossfly
Can't sleep

Pencils are great for the rite in rain paper, as for the pens, I have a couple of them also and they work fine. They are just a "space pen" for the most part. Pencils are probably cheaper but having 1 pen may be handy for the BOB as they are pretty solid and take alot of rugged wear.

They have some other types of notebooks for rite in rain that have scales and tables in the back. We were issued some of these as NCOs when we deployed. Many of the tables may not be exactly what we use as preppers, but possibly adapting them will work for you. I'll find a link and post it.

Edited by Regulator5

just a little update i completely submerged a peice of this paper and it wrote perfectly with a number two pencil but with a regular pen the ink just washed away so I think I'm just gonna save my ten dollars and just stick with my pencils

Regular pens also "gum" up from the coating in my experience. I like the pencils and use a space pen when using a pen. I have the small pocket notebook(s) and have a couple of the larger notebooks that I carried in my cargo pocket or pack during deployments.

Good looking out ZM