Sign in to follow this  
jerry9491

Revolution

i watched it it wasn't too bad. it breezed through the 15 years pretty quick though and could have shown us a little more about survival. its on on mondays at 10 PM. the bad guys are militia and have setup little republics everywhere. there isa secret power source that can run electronics. the theme is kind like jericho with the secret stuff. i don't like that mostly bad guys have guns and swords and the good guys have only swords and bows. there was a pretty good sword fight scene part way through.

Edited by wally

I think you may be able to watch Revolution on Hulu:

http://www.hulu.com/search?q=revolution

I was disappointed that it went from blackout to 15 years later without showing how that happened. I did love the little village created from a bunch of generic looking houses that would come across as "new construction" today - obviously scavenging from or building over an existing neighborhood. I wanted to see more about crops, division of labor, and I definitely want to know more about how the militia and republics works, although that will obviously need to come later.

There were some serious plot holes for me:

• Daughter likes to wander, has been repeatedly told there are dangers out there, and yet clearly has been given NO form of self-defense/combat training (she freezes up, can only use a crossbow and so is unable to reload and effectively defend herself from someone with a sword, etc.). Why wouldn't you have provided training of some sort?
  • The love interest/militia spy guy makes no sense. He sells them out, but lets her go? And - knowing the militia is after them AND that they brand inductees on their forearms - nobody says, "Hey, before you join our merry band, roll up your sleeves"? Even when the stepmom expressed concern about him? Baffling.
  • That asthma thing is going to get old really quick, since the young man takes no personal responsibility for it. (He opens up something that is covered in dust, and his sister gets blamed for his asthma attack; he doesn't appear to know how to treat himself when attacks occur, etc.)

I'm not thrilled with the series, but I will probably give it another episode or two before I make any decisions about whether I'll really follow it or not.

ok i just watched the first episode of this fiasco.. I guess since they needed bad guys why not use Marines.. also WTH is up with all the sword fighting and crossbows and frigging muskets? you cannot tell me that even after 15 years and with no way to effectively round them up that the militia has consficated all firearms. there are simply too many privately owned firearms for that to happen especially when when you are reduced to horse and buggy transportation.way to go hollywood screwed up another potential good story

There are between 250 and 300 MILLION guns in the US. There are almost 100 million .22's alone. Approximately half the homes in the US have one or more guns. Gotta be TONS of ammo out there.

That doesn't even count muzzle loaders, cap and ball replicas, flint locks, antiques, or other 'non-gun' devices as defined by BATFE. So, the same thing that got rid of the electricity must have rendered powder harmless I guess. Unless this thing is set in Europe?

There are between 250 and 300 MILLION guns in the US. There are almost 100 million .22's alone. Approximately half the homes in the US have one or more guns. Gotta be TONS of ammo out there.

That doesn't even count muzzle loaders, cap and ball replicas, flint locks, antiques, or other 'non-gun' devices as defined by BATFE. So, the same thing that got rid of the electricity must have rendered powder harmless I guess. Unless this thing is set in Europe?

Lmao!! Exactly. Not to hijack the thread but this is a good reason to keep us armed...we are a pretty big army that the government doesn't have to pay for if we were ever invaded

Nah it's in the U.S. and has holes you can drive a truck thru.

It's fluff like all the end of the world tv shows have always been.

The ONLY redeeming thing about the show is that it MAY get some to thinking about their level of preparedness. If it does then it isn't ALL bad.

My kid enjoys it and I can use it to say "they should have done this"..."That wouldn't work" or "what would I have done different". Don't watch it as a blue print but as a fairy tale.

i like how some of the women have tight fitting clothes and how all the clothes look really nice and new. I guess you can still shop at walmart and neiman marcus 15 years after the power goes out LOL