Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
101matt

sks replacement stock??

10 posts in this topic

jerry about 3 inches.lol I have long arms..

try finding a size 17 shirt with 36 long sleave..LMAO..

Im looking around to just add a butt plate..after searching for a complete new stock.Boy was I shocked,the SKS Forum groups realy have it togeather and Im taking there advice on just adding to the length..

I have an older b square.scope mount...

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=7&f=47&t=634569

that is ok but need a shorter scope.lol

somebody used a standard length and you can see the dings on the front and bottom of it.lol

Im so happy..lol

Edited by 101matt
spellin.lol

Matt,

I've added pads and the weapon was easier to shoot. My opinion is that while I can shoot a rifle that is too short for me (my bride's long guns for example) the extra length sure does make it more comfortable to shoot. I tire more quickly shooting a gun that doesn't fit. Three inches seems a tad much for just a new butt plate but I see no reason why it wouldn't work if you can find the right piece.

Matt, pads are the less expensive way to go. I also have gorilla arms which drag on the ground when I walk. I’ve never felt the need to add length to a rifle but, if necessary, I would not hesitate to buy a new stock or pad. If it doesn’t fit you properly, it is not a good tool and its effectiveness is compromised.

Thanks for all the advice..

I ordered a 2inch rubber plate from Amazon..good reviews..

UTG Deluxe Combat Style SKS Butt Pad (2-Inch) $11.42...

and a

UAG Tactical SKS Rifle Receiver Cover Top Pin Replacement Part ..after taking off the scope I found that I needed this..

By the way..I took it apart..learning how simple it is to clean..Found a spring that was in backwards..so please if anyone gets something "USED'please take it apart and study it FIRST..

again Thanks ..oh yes stay away from PRO MAG sks Magazines..JMO

Tapco are proven to be the best..

I've had an inexpensive Monte Carlo stock on one for years, 4x scope, can make an 18 oxygen cylinder dance at 200 yards. No, I'm not FOS, its a good shooter. Need to put on paper. But I recently out a tapco 6 position stock on another. Not in love with it, in fact, I'm considering getting another MC stock. I may even go back to the fixed te n rd mags too. The removable are just a novelty until shtf. Just my .02

While I am a fan of detachable magazines, I have to agree with just leaving the SKS 10 round mag just the way it is. The one exception that I've found are some of the paratrooper versions that used the standard AK 47 mags.