Sign in to follow this  
readytogo1955

He just loss my vote

As part of the 47 percent that Mitt was talkin about on video,low income americans,veterans retirees,disabled,poverty line americans period,that don`t pay taxes,in my opinion.

It’s hard to serve as president for all Americans when you’ve disdainfully written off half the nation.I don`t wish him any harm,but I will pray for the one day,that he and family come down to my level of living.

May the wrath of God enter his soul.

OH MY..

"May the wrath of God enter his soul"

A little upset are we?????So is that what your Faith says..curse him because you DONT UNDERSTAND what he said???

Shame on you..Is that a

HAMMER and CYCLE your wearing around your neck or a CROSS??

Just asking??

dont be offended or thinded skin..you make a statement..BACK IT UP..BE ACCOUNTABLE!!!!!!!!!!

jm humble o

and Im still waiting for an orginal Idea from you about prepping and not some copy and paste NEWS artical..

Edited by 101matt

No matter who wins, we lose.

If we elect one guy over the other our economy might decline at a slightly different pace.

But in the end both political parties are taking us to the exact same place.

Down the toilet.

I wish that wasn't true.

But we need to be honest with ourselves....

-Both parties fully support the Federal Reserve.

-Both parties supported the nomination of Ben Bernanke to a second term as the head of the Federal Reserve.

-Both parties endlessly push the job-killing "free trade" agenda of the global elite.

-Both parties see nothing wrong with running absolutely enormous trade deficits with the rest of the world.

-Both parties supported TARP.

-Both parties supported the auto industry bailouts.

-Both parties have run up massive amounts of federal debt when in power.

-Both parties have greatly expanded the size of the federal government when in power.

-Both parties are full of control freaks and both parties have added more layers of ridiculous regulations to our already overburdened society when in power.

-Neither party supports getting rid of the income tax or the IRS.

-Neither party has any intention of doing anything to prevent the coming derivatives crisis that could bring down the entire global financial system.

-Both parties are absolutely showered with cash from the big Wall Street banks.

-Both parties think that the TSA is doing a great job.

-Both parties supported the NDAA and the renewal of the Patriot Act.

-Both parties have treated military veterans horribly.

-Both parties are absolutely packed with corrupt politicians that are living the high life at your expense.

-Neither party plans to balance the federal budget in 2013 if their candidate wins the election.

-Neither party has a plan that will fix our deeply broken health care system.

-Neither party has any plans to shut down the Federal Reserve. In fact, both parties see absolutely nothing wrong with our current system.

Of course this list could go on indefinitely, but hopefully you get the point.

But I can understand those that are deeply frustrated with Barack Obama and

desperately want to avoid another four years of his policies.

also believe that Barack Obama has been the worst president in U.S. history and that he and his entire cabinet should immediately resign in disgrace.

However, the Republican party foolishly chose to nominate the Republican candidate that was most like Barack Obama to run against him.

Ready, I can’t speak for what was in Mitt’s heart when he said what he said. And I am ready, willing and able to tell you my interpretation of his words. However, I do not want the discussion to get hostile and I am not interested in having a contest of urination with the other members here. And most likely, our replies going back and forth will be lengthy. But, if you’re ready to have his position explained in common words, I will try to do so. Also, I will listen and strongly consider your perspective and – whether we agree or disagree – I will respect your position. So, with that caveat laid out there, here we go…

Mitt made a generalization and all generations are erroneous. However, in most generalization, there is some truth, eve if only a thread of truth. What I am trying to say is that many Amerikans act like those Mitt described. I know this is fact. I was born into a long lineage of bleeding heart liberal piece of sh*t. I heard them tell people to NOT get married because their food stamps and welfare checks would decrease. And they told people to pop out more kids because they’d get more welfare and food stamps! I heard their pitiful words of jealousy, their hypocritical tripe and their hate-filled rants. They all were upper class Massachusetts middle class when my family was the lowest of low class.

I worked my way out of the gutter. And I mean I was from the gutter. My ‘dad’ left when I was 14 days old (I guess I pissed him off). Mom was a boozer that we saw once every few days but she was never gone for more than a week or ten days, so we were lucky, I guess. When she came home, we often met new ‘uncles’. And I admit, I hated my childhood. I absolutely detested it!! But I survived the hard time and I made it my goal to never let my family suffer as I did. I got out of the gutter with a lot of hard work and long hours, I worked my way to being ‘comfortable’. I was working 40 hours per week as a junior in high school (16 hours on Sat & Sun and one 4 hour shift during the week). So, I know what poverty is.

After retiring from the military, I became a Realtor. I have entered many a government-provided housing (Section 8) and was offend with what I saw. I’d pull up and hear the booming of the car stereos with the over-cranked base. The noisy cars would have special paint jobs, spinners and every other addition known to man. I had the young kids in their $200 sneakers laugh at me because I was working for a living while they sat on the front stairs drink beer. When I went in the house, there was normally a 42 inch or larger television, a huge stereo, cable tv hookup, a microwave. Usually they were smokers (cigarettes and pot) and beer cans were easily evident. And they lived in Section 8 housing and received food stamps. If they can afford smokes, beer, big screen televisions and tricked-out cars, they ought to be able to support themselves with sucking on the teat of Uncle Sam. And to tell you the truth, those a-holes pissed me off! I was working 12 hours days while these a-holes lived off MY earnings!

So there’s some background focused at showing you that I know what poor is. Now, before we talk about Mitt’s words, let look at Obama’s accomplishments. During President Obama’s rein or terror, the USA has become a food stamp nation. There are more people on food stamps than ever before in our history. He continues dipping into the empty cash register and giving away cash we don’t have. He is BUYING the votes of the ‘poor’ on the money made by others. In order for the government to ‘give’ something to someone, they must first TAKE it from someone else.

So, we have more people on some sort of welfare and we have entire generations that have never worked. Their work – theor ONLY vocation - is voting for Democrats or whoever promises to give them more handouts. Mitt was wrong. He said that 47% of Amerikans don’t pay taxes. The correct number is 49%! That is disgusting. Let me tell you how those 49% impact me and my family. We, my wife and I, MUST work until the middle of July before we get to keep one penny of our earnings! We work over half a year meeting the needs of others. And Obama is promising them more? Soon we’ll have to work until September before we get to keep one penny. Is that fair? Is it? You said you were one of the 47% that pay no taxes. I must ask, what are you doing with my money? Sorry to be so blunt, but that is the reality of the situation. You don’t pay taxes - I do. So you receive my earnings. I worked my ass off providing my family - and for your family. As a matter of fact, YOUR family gets my money before my family gets their money! That Sir, is terribly insulting and, to be honest, truly pisses me off.

Now, I want to give people a hand up, not a hand out. I want to help people work themselves out of the gutter. And I don’t mind paying a little extra to help them. But I am offended at losing over 50% of my earnings while 49% of Amerikans pay nothing.

So ya, Mitt was right and that pissed you off. With all due respect, maybe that was a good thing! I am impressed with your writings here. I know that you have the talent to become a very successful person capable of providing very well for your family. But you need to take your eyes off what the government is giving you – after taking it from me - and harness that anger into your future. You CAN do it! I know you can! But stop using your current place in life as an excuse. Today is temporary. You can make your life better IF you work hard enough. Obama is depending upon good folks like you feeling hopeless. Hopelessness is his bread and butter. Depression is his drug. He wants you to feel pitiful. He needs you to stand with your hand out. He needs you to be greedy and demand that he takes from other and gives stuff to you. So you’re been knocked down and you’re on the mat. So what? Serious, so what? Do you think you were down further than me? I doubt it very much. But being down only matters if you refuse to get up. Get up! Dust yourself off. Take your anger at Mitt and prove him wrong! Show him that you can become one of the 51% that pay taxes. You ought to have a goal of paying $1,000,000 in annual taxes! Because if you pay one million, you earn a lot more!

So, I hope I didn’t wiz in your cornflakes or offend you but I wrote stuff as politely as I could. In closing I want your answer to this one question…

If you, Ready, worked from January 1st until July 15th before you kept one penny to feed and house your family, how would you feel when you hear that 49% of Amerikans pay NO taxes at all?

Another aspect of this, is do you really believe the MSM. You know they are going to put it in the worst light with a negative spin.

At this point I'm not going to be listening to the chattering class.

And what of all the down ticket candidates, do they not deserve your vote.

If you, Ready, worked from January 1st until July 15th before you kept one penny to feed and house your family, how would you feel when you hear that 49% of Amerikans pay NO taxes at all?

I'm waiting for an answer to this for I believe it strikes at the heart of the matter. This can be an interesting debate but let's keep it "in bounds".

The problem with modern politics is that the winner of a presidential election will be either republican or democrat. If you choose to use your vote and vote in favor of some other party then it is assuredly wasted. No other party will move a person into the presidency. It simply will not happen.

That said, I don't vote for who I think will be the best guy because they're all lying cheats. You simply can't go that far by being honest and good anymore. You must absolutely vote for the lesser of two evils.

If there's someone you're especially against being in office then you vote for the other guy. If you live in a small town like me then your vote might count towards a mayoral election, etc, but on a national level it's irrelevant. If you don't want the O in office then vote for the R. I'm voting for the R. It's a done deal and nothing I see on television or read will change that whatsoever.

The political climate of the U.S. is beyond anyone's control and won't be reigned in for generations to come if it happens at all.

With respect to your representatives and senators then vote for who you think will do the best job because there isn't as much competition for those seats. A vote still counts there as well, but for the president...he may as well be appointed flipping a coin. At the rate we're going I wouldn't be surprised if two homos occupy 1600 in another eight years. Disgusting.

On another note, having spent some years as a police officer, I can attest that there are indeed neighborhoods where not one soul works. Every ounce of their income and subsistence comes through some type of social insurance program. In fact, I'm aware that certain people have held community forums with "off-duty" employees of social insurance agencies to TEACH others how to manipulate the system, i.e. how to apply for what and when so that they get the most for the least. It's irritating. On top of that we have immigrants coming in doing the same thing. Ugh. Soapbox. That infuriates me so much. I'm tired of seeing it. Where is the escape? Maine? Alaska? Wyoming?

i agree with you Arkansasfan going for the lesser of two evil. Have decided that untill i see someone actually doing some good for the country i will not vote for the incumbent. Maybe they will see ( and i seriously doubt it) they will get the message to do some good.

Edited by ken51

I have also spent many years in law enforcement, and know exactly what Ark fan is talking about. IT IS REAL. Now the current Administration and the congressional/senatorial pogues that support them, have done an EXCELLENT job of demonizing those who actually work as well as elevating to near sainthood, those who by their own actions disenfranchise themselves from society.

In addition, the current crop of political pimps have done the single most effective thing any politician can ever do, they HAVE polarized THIS Republic into a have and have.not society, or tribalized us, some call it Balkanization of America. We currently have a man as President that has never been held accountable for this decisions in his entire life. He was shuttled off to his grandparents (who knows the real reason why?) but we do KNOW they were avowed supporters of communism and Marxism.

So, we get all PO'd when he did exactly what he said he was going to do, 'fundamentally change America", well he has done just that so far. So, each of us need to make the decision to vote, either fOR him or AGAINST him and his policies. Those who choose not to vote, whatever their miserable excuse, shut the hell up, YOU do not get to complain about the outcome of the election, you didn't participate. I am now relinquishing the soap box. Good night and pleasant dreams.

Here's the actual video that was leaked from that dinner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvqHERTcytI

And while I have previously posted about my disdain for the Romney/Ryan ticket and while I have some serious issues with people who talk about morality and yet have utter contempt for anyone who actually is in need, I would like to point out that he's OBVIOUSLY responding to a question or following a train of thought that is NOT really about the welfare state.

He says it poorly, but the point he's making is basically: "The incumbent already has a built-in percentage of the vote. We know that there are some people who will toe the party line and vote the Democratic ticket no matter what I say or do or propose. Just like there are people who will toe the party line and vote the Republican, no matter what the President does. So what EVERY campaign boils down to is a fight for the independent voters who make up the smallest voting bloc in our country. My job is to convince that few percent that I'm the right candidate, because that's the only way to get elected."

Do I find the way he said everything offensive? Yes. Am I a little gleeful that he can't seem to take a step without tripping over his own feet? Yes, because I'm petty like that, and part of me thinks, "Ha ha! Karma for that stupid 'I Built This Myself' thing." But do I think he's getting a raw deal on the way this is being talked about? Absolutely. Romney was talking about the political reality of how an election is won, and wound up sounding like he was talking about how he planned to manage his entire presidency.

post-1547-13851498237228_thumb.jpg

That said, I don't vote for who I think will be the best guy because they're all lying cheats. You simply can't go that far by being honest and good anymore. You must absolutely vote for the lesser of two evils.

I'll agree with the lesser of two evils on this one. I just don't know! I keep asking myself "are we better off than four years ago", and my answer is "NO".

But just say what if it were MCcain? I still may be answering the same question with the same answer.

I do know one thing.

We are in a world of crap as a nation! Economy, diplomatically ect. I've never been a party voter and considered myself one to vote for the best one for the job! At the moment I feel as though neither one of them are suited for it.

Also consider that MCcain got 2/3 of the popular vote.

Right now there's plenty of mud slinging going on here and it's enough to make

you sick. Don't tell me if such and such is elected he's going to do this and that.

Tell me WTF you're going to do to make this situation we are in better!

I'll absolutely agree with this one Ken! We should make a change come to America! A lot of our representitives have been there to long manipulating

the system. I said a lot, not all. It'd be funny to see nary an incumbent one

come back to it's seat. As you said, that'd sure as hell get some attention.

Then we could say, Change has come to America!

Have decided that untill i see someone actually doing some good for the country i will not vote for the incumbent.

(JMO)

dr

Edited by desert rat

excoastie summed it up very nicely, I'm no romney fan by any means but he is telling the truth and that is exactly what we need, to hell with hurt feelings, if you are a welfare leech regardless of where you come from then ill call a spade a spade and they are worthless and lazy. personally i think the entire welfare system needs to collapse for a while and let darwin take over and add a little chlorine to the gene pool. I'm quite tired of my hard earned money going to worthless lazy wastes of oxygen when I struggle to keep my own family supported. they can all starve for all i care.

Hehehehe, hey Dawg, would you like to borrow this?

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals."

Their stated reason for the policy is because they will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

This ends today's lesson.

And yes, Coastie's post was did hit a nail head!

dr

Edited by desert rat

William Tell, I pray that you don’t believe that Mitt is going to fix the USA. He will not. Both Republicans and Democrats should be held responsible for the current condition of the republic. Both parties routinely cast votes that violate the Constitution and they both point at each other and cry ‘Wolf’. Politics in the USA sucks. But it’s the system we have. The only thing we can do is get some new blood in there to replace the Socialists.

I thought about my “So what…” comment and I believe it needs further explanation in order to not offend anyone. I didn’t mean that I didn’t care. Just the opposite is true. I care that Ready places himself squarely in the 49%. What I meant by that comment is that we all are where we are in our lives based upon the decisions and actions of our past. We cannot change our past. So the “So what” means forget about the past because we can’t change it. Focus on the future. Write some short-term, mid-range and long-term goals. Draft an action plan to accomplish those goals and then run to achieve those goals.

AtkFan & Malcolm, thanks for your service as a cop. It’s a difficult and messy job. When I still had my company I had four working for me. They told me stories that really got me upset. Sadly, the lesser of two evils is the choice we have been given for some time. I can’t remember when I voted in favor of a candidate instead of against the other candidate.

O/C, the media is peddling Mitt’s stuff while ignoring the gaffs of Obama/Biden. This is the Standard Operating Procedure of the media. They no longer simply report news. They make it. They twist it. And they ignore news if it may harm their favorite candidate. Imagine if President Bush went to a fund raiser the day that an embassy was attacked and three people, including the ambassador, were murder, sodomized and dragged through the streets. The media would KILL him. But for the King, blind eyes are turned and the apathetic Amerikans go on sucking Uncle Sam’s teat and demanding more! Second, if a US Border Agent was murdered by a Mexican drug runner that was using a rifle that the US government illegally sold to that drug runner, the media would be all over Bush and rightly so. But for our King, they ignore the murder of Border Agent Terry and cover-up all aspects of “Operation Fast & Furious”. But, as long as there’s milk flowing from the government teat, the 49% remain silent and uncaring.

Desert, thanks for speaking of the National Park Service because it popped another outrage into my mind. There are so many illegal aliens and Mexican drug runner in some of our national parks in the south west that the government has put up signs telling Amerikans to stay out because it’s too dangerous! Rather than fix the problem, they tell Amerikan to change their lives. Typical BS.

As part of the 47 percent that Mitt was talkin about on video,low income americans,veterans retirees,disabled,poverty line americans period,that don`t pay taxes,in my opinion.

It’s hard to serve as president for all Americans when you’ve disdainfully written off half the nation.I don`t wish him any harm,but I will pray for the one day,that he and family come down to my level of living.

May the wrath of God enter his soul.

Ready,

OK, without defending anyone, all he said was that 47 % of the people don't pay taxes and receive some form of govt. aid. That is a true statement. Perhaps not said in the most artful way but true. Franklin (I think, may have been Adams and they may have been quoting someone else) said we'll have our republic until the voters figure out they can vote themselves 'largess' from the public purse. Also demonstrably true. The attempt to persuade those who do not pay taxes that they should get a 'tax break' is, at best, foolish and at worse dishonest. While Romney was not my 1st, 2nd or even 3rd choice for president, failure to vote for him is a vote for the clown in the White House. You vote as you wish, or don't vote as you wish. Just remember, the future of the world literally hangs on this election and right now, it is not looking good. I hate the thought that when the historians of a 1000 years from now right about our time, they will record that man's greatest light went out on my watch.

Comming from a country that media was totally control,to a freedom of speech country is like night and day

the facts are there to see,The Bush administration lie,got us into war,wall street was taking us to the cleaners,but that s ok too,a new president takes over all the mess,and his guilty of everything,hard to understant that type of logic,some of you mention the word freedom alot,the free trade deal open the doors

for trade with the rest of the world,but american corporate gluttony took it one step further,moved the companies overseas and saved some money,sell the product in america at a 300 percent profit,and we buy it,so lets not blame one guy.Under the name of freedom we buy large vehicles,heavy on fuel,make the arabs

rich,not the presidents fault,is freedom,while the rest of europe drives 4 cylinder eng diesel vehicles,not the president `s fault,the great depression,that`s like saying that black sunday was the president`s fault,

under the name of freedom we have driven this country to the cleaners,and we like to point the finger at

somebody else,that`s easy,this president`s problem is that his black,and no matter what he does,is going to be wrong,one more point,socialized medicine,is not communist. Social refers to a characteristic of living organisms as applied to populations of humans and other animals.It means for everybody.Like in Europe.

And I cut and paste,because of Freedom to do so.

coastie Im going to have to subscribe to your newsletter. well said..again

I get his News letter!!

"Just remember, the future of the world literally hangs on this election and right now, it is not looking good. I hate the thought that when the historians of a 1000 years from now right about our time, they will record that man's greatest light went out on my watch"

When the lights goes out,Only Darkness Remains...

I need to get some more STEEL...............