Sign in to follow this  
Regulator5

Decent Prices on Gear

Thanks for the links. I like the looks of some of their sheaths and I don’t make good sheaths… yet.

I seen the price of the e-tool and it was about half of what most other places I found it were. I was looking at a few different items for Christmas presents for someone who wants to start getting involved. It'll give me an excuse with the wife to actually spend more time in the woods....lol. She just thinks I want to "get away" when I tell her I want to take a week and camp "primitive", now I can "blame" it on someone else.

Reg, I was kind of hoping to get one of those Crovel things for Christmas. After the inventor blew off his thumb on ‘Doomsday Preppers’, I figure he needs the money to pay his medical bills. Also, they look cool as heck and seem very tough. I am very tough on tools and I usually break any pry bar type tool that has a wood handle.

Apologies to you Regulator5. I posted a similar thread after seeing yours, I thought it was a good idea and was stealing it, but thought I was at a different site. I've been at prepper sites all day today, guess i'm getting addled.

No worries Pig.... I don't own a thread...lol. I'm just glad others are looking and willing to share after they find good deals.

Coastie, I agree....lol. My daughter's boyfriend is wanting to learn, so I'm going to help get him started. I know he is just starting and not only will have limited resources but limited experience to find good gear.

Dang it Reg, I been waiting on you to put this'un up. LOL

There's some real deals here and some not so real deals.

Hey! Yo! Capt. Bart! I was thinking about buying the MIG21 in the surplus vehicles.

Only 30G'sss!

One thing though, I can't fly a freakin' jet! As a matter of fact, I probably can't fly a

RC plane.

Ya interested? I'd need a Show-Fur! :D

I can read the Russian for you.

http://www.majorsurplus.com/

Edited by desert rat

Dang it Reg, I been waiting on you to put this'un up. LOL

There's some real deals here and some not so real deals.

Hey! Yo! Capt. Bart! I was thinking about buying the MIG21 in the surplus vehicles.

Only 30G'sss!

One thing though, I can't fly a freakin' jet! As a matter of fact, I probably can't fly a

RC plane.

Ya interested? I'd need a Show-Fur! :D

I can read the Russian for you.

http://www.majorsurplus.com/

OK, did you LOOK at the photos? While I've flown jets, I have NOT flown a MIG fighter. I've also flown a Nan Chang (Chinese YAK) trainer. Really crisp controls but the instruments work funny. I helped rebuild the YAK. It was in about the same shape as this and took almost 3 years worth of work to put it together AND a new engine. The Tumansky R-11F-300 is NOT cheap to buy and like all Soviet engines had a notoriously short time between factory overhauls. I'd love to fly one of these beasts but I sure would not want to pay for one. The price I saw was $25K but I'd bet on another $100K before it was safe to fly.

Thanks for the offer and if you've got the money to fix it up I'll fly it!

Sherrie, once you find an item you are interested in, run a web search to see what prices you can find. I even find stores with local outlets to pay cash for them this way at times.

Lou, are you looking for an axe or hatchet sized tool? Hatchet wise, check out Condor Knife and Tools' "Wilderness Survival Tool". I haven't got one yet, but they came highly recommended from a trusted source. Also, Gransfor Bruk or Council Tools carry full size axes and hatchets if wanting a more traditional style of hatchet.

For traditional style tomahawks, www.delarondeforge.com might offer what you are looking for.

http://www.delarondeforge.com/axes_and_tomahawks.htm

About halfway down the page past the ornamental hawks is the 1 I am considering. I will probably get the trappers axe but I liked the bag axe as well for a smaller item. Knowing myself, I'll probably buy both...lol.

Cold Steel is a decent company and altho I have never used their hawks, others have and liked them. I'd probably get the Rifleman's Hawk from Cold Steel myself if looking for a mass production tool.

Council Tools and gransford Bruk would also be well worth looking into for a "normal" hatchet". The hatchets normally do not attract as much attention either, so they are more "gray" for a tool than a hawk.