Sign in to follow this  
ken51

The Road

saw this movie on FX channel last night, decent movie takes palce about 10 yrs after a apoclitic event, nearly all life is gone shows a father and son traveling trying to avoid cannalbals and find food. Thought it was a interesting show

I really enjoyed it too, not exactly 'feel good' movie of the year tho=lol! not sure where or why they were goin where they were--seems they could have holed up a bit longer in the shelter they found=i would have

Saw it just the other day too. Even though a movie, its not a unrealistic story.

ive seen it 3 times, Ive never unsterstood the reason they had to get to the coast.

i believe they were in that shelter for like a week or more. not just a cpl nights.

As for food... he did try and take eveything he could manage in that little cart.

Things to think about: THe boy said to his dad that " You cant tell who is a bad guy and who isnt anymore".

They met that old crippled guy. The dad i believe is justified in being weary of anyone, but after a while he was still terribly cold to the old man. ANd the black guy that robbed them while the boy was asleep, he caught up to him later, got all thier stuff back, but then robbed the robber of Everything and left him nude on the road. THe dad could have just shot him, but with only 1 bullet in the gun he didnt waste it. If ammo wasnt a problem, he probably would have just shot the guy.

Just picked up a DVD of this....I liked the use of the flare gun. Served the Bowman right for not being a better shot. Rule one in a survival situation....one shot one kill...The way things are going bows are looking more and more interesting. They are quiet and if you work at it several shots could be launched befor the targets realized what was happening. A plus would be save on ammo for gun as arrows could be recovered.