Sign in to follow this  
PandaSurvivor

Dog B.O.B

food, meds, extra fold up bowl, his/her medical papers and recent tags (extra copy)

treats, very healthy foods, a water bottle like a naligene (sp), extra leash and collar,

boots if he/she might need them, benadryl ask doc for right dose, a toy or two,

there are any number of things really. my dog has his very own BOB as well.

I've been thinking on this one for a while, how does your dogs bag secure to him (or her). In my head I see almost a saddle bag setup. A bag on either side, secured with straps underneath? Is there a brand or specific pack you would reccomend? Thinking I can probably make one but I figured I could get some input first.

Food, treats, meds (heart worm pills for sure and maybe wormer), copies of vaccination and registration (if required in your area) certificates, a doggie first aid kit, maybe a little blanket or something it can lay on, a toy, spare leash, spare collar, flea collars, flea and tick repellant (those little drops), dog soap, and collapsible bowls are things that immediately come to mind. All items are not necessary, but that gives us a start.

Edited by ArkansasFan30

not making my dog carry his, i will be. i dont want him to get caught on something trying to navigate a

situation and getting hurt. ("man down" isnt good) if shtf he will be scared at the fact of the unknown going on around him, which is enough for him to deal with as it is.

My dog Russel is a tough dude. He has hit his head harder on walls and doors than I could imagine possible, and still want to play. He will be fine when/if we have to go. I will be carrying what he will need which isn't much more than some dog food and a tennis ball.

He's a great friend.

My dog Russel is a tough dude. He has hit his head harder on walls and doors than I could imagine possible, and still want to play. He will be fine when/if we have to go. I will be carrying what he will need which isn't much more than some dog food and a tennis ball.

He's a great friend.

oh there is a lot more sir. extra water, med records, harness, extra leash and collar, water bowel, some benadryl for their comfort, oh there are a bunch of things.

He is a no leash dog, but has no problem with being on one if need be. I've never heard of giving a dog Benadryl. Learning everyday!! Also the little bugger drinks out of a bottle pretty well!

when they get anxiety and start to get that nervous look or start to pace, a bit of benadryl

will help settle them down and usually sends them off to a light and comfortable nap.

they dont understand a lot of things and they get uncomfortable and start to kinda freak.

That makes sense..he did have a weird episode a couple months ago, I never found out why. Nothing was going on at all..a normal night. He was napping on the bed and put of nowhere came running in and jumped into my lap shaking and freaking out breathing hard..I took him outside thinking he might have been sick or just needed to go..he wouldn't leave my side and just kept shaking and breathing heavy freaking out all paranoid. Really bugged me but the next day he was fine.