Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rapture333

"Revolution" CBS Series On Life After An EMP

37 posts in this topic

I am surprised that some of you are going to watch it there is nothing realistic about it, the writers did zero research the character's in this shows reactions are outragiously foolhardy and they are difficult to relate to. They do things that none of us would do unless you were either stupid or suicidal not what you would see in people that had been surviving for the last fifteen years. Examples of the fails you ask. Ok first as Rod and any of the other pilots will tell you even with a total loss of power Aircraft will not go into a flat spin and fall out of the sky yes even jumbo jets can glide a bear to do but it would. Would a number of them crash while attepting to land? Yes. Second would a mounted force be able to walk right into a walled community with no one saying anything and surprise everyone in the community? Not likely that wall is a defensive balistrade any approaching unknown and the gates would be closed meaning there is a watch posted. Still not convinced ok how is it possible that after 15 yrs of no power all the bow strings and footwear ect are made with synthetic materials and in semi new condition. and the layout of their gardens do not lend themsels to sustainability, irragation or good growing practices (their squash, tomato's, peppers ect are in the shadow of the corn and the house. Then there is confronting numerically superior numbers with zero advantage betting only on your skills all of us who have carried weapons for a living know this is absolute rubbish. If anything this is a show that shows you the most direct way to failure and death. I could go on but you can follow it from there. This is not to say you shouldn't watch it those of you who know better at least but to those who are just getting into prepping this show could be detrimental to your future. The world even after fifteen years without a functionin government with roving malitias duking it out would not be as functional as they are showing. There would be a lot more chaos and you would not have to remind you children that it is dangerous out there.

Nice analysis warrior. It is a shame. I was looking forward to a good scifi show. They seem to be few and far between.

didn't watch it but APPARENTLY they have some sort of gismo that alters the laws of physics? You can't just turn electricity off, for crying out loud! If you did, the electro-chemical (electro - get it?) reactions we call nerve impulses would not tell our hearts to beat, just for starters. Secondly, the heck with Apocalypse, if I had a gizmo for changing the laws of physics I would collect my Nobel prize and rule wisely. I'm just saying .....

So as soon as the EMP is past, you can start rebuilding electrical stuff. That is why pre - 1985 cars (no computers) would still run for example.

OH, some of the more modern aircraft are in fact, subject to falling out of the sky after an EMP - most of the big, modern jetliners use computer controls to drive the aero surfaces so if an EMP burned out the computers, no control. It would take less than 20 seconds or so (accident evidence shows about 14 but I'm being generous) for the aircraft to go unstable, enter a dive and start shedding parts. Very messy result. All of the other stuff would be fine - loss of navigation gear but a flyable airplane.

Im sure there's more yet to unfold in the story... yeah its kind inaccurate/cheesy but what do you expect from Hollywood? im enjoying the series thus far.... but i have come to two conclusions:

Charlie is retarded.

and the black militia dude is obama incarnate...

Yes it is very easy to pick apart so many aspects of this show, do you really want all the woman to be snuggle toothed, dirty, mop headed? But I think that it is a good thing to have a program like this on the air, if it gets one million viewer, and 10% of them decide to put away a few supplies just in case, that's 100,000 fewer people trying to steal my shit, as well it seems that they are going in a interesting direction about gun control in the last (2nd ) episode the militia come across a farm who has some guns and kill him when he attempts to defend them, then the resistance goes to great lengths to get a gun from the militia

i just love the magic flash drive from office depot that suddenly will power the universe.. and how do batteries get affected when they run from a chemical reaction? swords and muskets really? when everybody is reduced to horse and buggy transportation there is going to be no widespread gun confiscation, not with 300 million privately owned firearms. hollywood could screw up a wet dream

dondon i do agree with the aspect of gun control and them showing that gun control leads to enslavement i just wish they would have more realistic in how they went about it.

Edited by wardog513

i just love the magic flash drive from office depot that suddenly will power the universe.. and how do batteries get affected when they run from a chemical reaction? swords and muskets really? when everybody is reduced to horse and buggy transportation there is going to be no widespread gun confiscation, not with 300 million privately owned firearms. hollywood could screw up a wet dream

dondon i do agree with the aspect of gun control and them showing that gun control leads to enslavement i just wish they would have more realistic in how they went about it.

What I'm saying is that we as we are knowledgable in the finer points of the survival arts are going to see every small flaw (not that there aren't HUGE flaws) in the story lines , the plastic jugs that they use for water are biodegradable and would have fell apart by now, they really just grab water from a stream no treatment etc the same as if we were surgeons talking about a medical show.......you'd never use a #5 scalpel for that or a 4x4 sponge, the respirator is hooked up backwards....I just feel that putting this discussions in the public eye and getting people to think about survival off the grid can only help the average idiot, and maybe we will not be considered as crazies as much, hell free market consideration , maybe more people start prepping and thusly thru supply side dynamics lower the price and availability of prep items

Personally seem to "lost"y to me

And the premise of the show is not an EMP it is a change of some form in the physics of electricity and it's transfer from what I'll pick up.

Week 3-

Charlie is still a dumbass that needs to be slapped.

Miles is a badass whos isn't letting onto what exactly his plans are/which side he's on...

that chick they freed who wanted the sniper rifle seems good/down to earth...

im glad the kid is finally getting some balls and seems to be intimidating the black militia dude.

And im really starting to like the nerdy, yet thus far useless fat guy... he's brings a different element to the show, while everyone has a plan, he's just kinda that not really knowing Wtf to do... lol