Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rapture333

"Revolution" CBS Series On Life After An EMP

37 posts in this topic

Yeah, it would be more interesting to see how things went to Little House On The Prary status. I'm sure it will get to that as the story progresses... Still waiting for the new Colony. And of course, Survival Caches own show

Did anybody ever see Jericho? I'm watching it now on Netflix. Interesting, and VERY disturbing.

Pretty well done, for TV. It's got Gerald McRaney in it, so that's a bonus. He's a pretty good guy as well as a pretty good actor.

I was able to catch the first episode of Revolution from Insight a few days ago. It's an interesting premise, though I have to agree, I would like to have seen a bit more of the transition after the lights went out.

If any of you are readers, there is a decent series from an aussie writer, John Marsden, called The Tomorrow Series. It's seven books from start to end, the first of which is titled, "Tomorrow, When the War Began". In brief, it's an account of a group of friends who go camping and find that while they are away the majority of the country was invaded overnight. They find themselves stuck trying to figure how to survive and help regain their homelands while keeping their sense of humanity intact. The first book was recently made into a movie and has hit the US just a few months ago, they did a pretty good job with it and the second film is soon to be released I believe. It's worth checking out, and is quite easy reading as well.

I watched it Monday, all in all it's a cheese fest, but with today's entertainment choices it still beats most network programming. My kid loved it so we'll probably keep watching.

Too many trails to check out. Too many books to read. Too much info on the net. I do take a break and watch some college football. Somebody write up a summary afterwards.

Edited by awake

I am surprised that some of you are going to watch it there is nothing realistic about it, the writers did zero research the character's in this shows reactions are outragiously foolhardy and they are difficult to relate to. They do things that none of us would do unless you were either stupid or suicidal not what you would see in people that had been surviving for the last fifteen years. Examples of the fails you ask. Ok first as Rod and any of the other pilots will tell you even with a total loss of power Aircraft will not go into a flat spin and fall out of the sky yes even jumbo jets can glide a bear to do but it would. Would a number of them crash while attepting to land? Yes. Second would a mounted force be able to walk right into a walled community with no one saying anything and surprise everyone in the community? Not likely that wall is a defensive balistrade any approaching unknown and the gates would be closed meaning there is a watch posted. Still not convinced ok how is it possible that after 15 yrs of no power all the bow strings and footwear ect are made with synthetic materials and in semi new condition. and the layout of their gardens do not lend themsels to sustainability, irragation or good growing practices (their squash, tomato's, peppers ect are in the shadow of the corn and the house. Then there is confronting numerically superior numbers with zero advantage betting only on your skills all of us who have carried weapons for a living know this is absolute rubbish. If anything this is a show that shows you the most direct way to failure and death. I could go on but you can follow it from there. This is not to say you shouldn't watch it those of you who know better at least but to those who are just getting into prepping this show could be detrimental to your future. The world even after fifteen years without a functionin government with roving malitias duking it out would not be as functional as they are showing. There would be a lot more chaos and you would not have to remind you children that it is dangerous out there.

Edited by warrior7r

I am surprised that some of you are going to watch it there is nothing realistic about it. the writers did zero research the character's in this shows reactions are outragiously foolhardy. stuff none of us would do unless you were either stupid or suicidal not what you would see in people that had been surviving for the last fifteen years. Examples you ask. Ok first as Rod and any of the other pilots will tell you even with a total loss of power Aircraft will not go into a flat spin and fall out of the sky yes even jumbo jet can glide a bear to do but it would. Would a number of them crash while attepting to land? Yes. Second would a mounted force be able to walk right into a walled community with no one saying anything and surprise everyone in the community not likely that wall is a defensive balistrade any approaching unkown and the gates close meaning there is a watch posted. Still not convinced ok how is it possible that after 15 yrs of no power all the bow strings and footwear ect are made with synthetic materials and in semi new condition. and the layout of their gardens does not lend itself to iragation or good growing practices (their squash pepper ect are in the shadow of the corn and the house. I could go on but you can follow it from there. If anything this is a show that shows you the most direct way to failure and death.

Hollywood won't ever get it right IMO.

I am stunned by how nicely the females in the show have their hair looking WITHOUT electricity and conveniences. Not much content wise that is usable in my subjective opinion.

I am stunned by how nicely the females in the show have their hair looking WITHOUT electricity and conveniences. Not much content wise that is usable in my subjective opinion.
In the immortal words of JCMS: "don't want to scare the children!"