Sign in to follow this  
psllgroup

Minox dtc 600 game camera

Hey everyone,

Just picked this one up, was wondering, does any of you has any kind of experience with this unit? I have tried it yesterday for the first time (set it up to monitor front of my house) and set it up according the manual, but it hasn't recorded any night activities. The manual says something about selecting day/night monitoring, but shouldn't this be automatic for both day/night? I got this unit mostly to monitor my house/property, while not around, so was wondering, upon your experience with this unit, what would be the best settings - camera or video mode? length of movies, intervals, etc. etc. Thanks

http://www.minox.com/index.php?id=5511&L=1

I am not familliar with this particular unit, however I do use game cams. I would suggest a location that would not be easily seen or to get to as if someone realizes they are being observed they may try to destroy the camera. Pick a location that would offer views of the visitors both coming and going. Consider locating it so that the sujbject would be in front of the camera for several steps...ie at an angle to the the expected path of anyone approaching the building. Be sure to test your results by walking around the area and see what the camera picks up....do this during the day and at night also...as you may need to fine turn the angle(s) to record what you want.

You should play with the settings for length of recording and or time between pictures to determine the best results for your particular location. Good luck with your project and keep us informed as to what your results are.