Sign in to follow this  
tinderwolf

apocolypse kit

http://www.gerbergear.com/Apocalypse/Gear/Apocalypse-Kit_30-000601

Came across this a few days back. While I love Gerbers design I think their blades have gone down hill. I really like the idea of this all in one kit.......I don't know $349.....christmas present or waste of money? what do you guys think, anyone have this or know anyone that has it?

The problem is Gerber, along with Schrade, Buck, and some others, have started allowing some of their products to be made in china. They still maintain their higher end products to have quality manufacturing (read NOT made in china) but they will eventually be ruined because of their buckling to either looking for a higher profit margin or being ran out of the country by epa and the other alphabet idiot's over-regulation.

The problem is Gerber, along with Schrade, Buck, and some others, have started allowing some of their products to be made in china. They still maintain their higher end products to have quality manufacturing (read NOT made in china) but they will eventually be ruined because of their buckling to either looking for a higher profit margin or being ran out of the country by epa and the other alphabet idiot's over-regulation.

I agree which sucks because they have some great designs.

Damit!! It must be from the one screw thing being so near the 'hilt'. I never really planned on using it as a pry bar though. Im not sure how people have managed to BREAK the blade.

Do you have the parang? If so how do you like it?

I have the gator machete and it has held up.... we gave 1 to my 10 yr old nephew for a torture test....lol. He has used it for about a yr and it has endured. We figured he wouldn't have perfect strikes plus he will abude it in usage more than what we would. The sawteeth on the back of the blade has worked good as well. It did need sharpening tho, really dull out of the box.

Edited by Regulator5