Sign in to follow this  
ricksconnected

who is currenty reading what?

I think I am keeping those guys in business over at Baen Books. Drake, Ringo, Corriea, Bujold...the list goes on from there. Wardog, I love those BOLO books from Keith Laumer, and I think John Ringo wrote one too entitled Road to Damascus that was really good.

I love ringo . his "legacy of Aldenata" series was most excellent about the posleen invasion and the spin offs from them also his current "troy rising" series is awesome. he just writes good military sci-fi all the way around

I think you and I both have the same tastes in books :0

speaking of have you read "in death ground" and its sequel "the shiva option" by weber? if you haven't I would highly recommend those 2 books

read the rawles book "patriots" as a training manual it had some good pointers. as a story it sucked. he went way into too much detail and way into too much religion it was too clean as far as a suppoosed chaotic collapse scenario. plus his tips to prepping involve you having a 7 digit salary and all the free time in the world which 90% of us do not have

"One second after" was much better and i think it hit the despair that will affect us after a collapse like. plus it was based pretty darn near where i live anyway so it hit home in that aspect

Thats exactly how I felt Wardog! Damn my inability to articulate words. LOL

Wardog, those two books are some of my favorites by David Weber, especially The Shiva Option. If you have an e-reader, go over to Baen.com to their free books site and load up. I got Apocalypse Troll (one of my favorites!), Crusade, and On Basilisk Station there for free, as well as a bunch of David Drake books. I have read them all before but it is nice to have them when you get caught in a 12 hour layover in Chicago.

Also, sometimes I admit I am a bit of a romantic and I get a chuckle out of Bujold's books. I just read Captain Vorpatril's Alliance and I got some odd looks from my wife as I sat laughing out loud at the ensuing hijinks. Trying to explain just does not do them justice.

oh I hear you, in death ground and shive option has been read by me 3 times now. in fact im almost ready to go back and hit up some of ringos posleen war books again. I will hit up baen.com tonight on my nook and see what i can snag.thanks for the heads up on that

My liberal, social work professor wife (who voted Romney and is starting to see the light) downloaded Agenda 21 the other day. She's totally enthralled by it and keeps reading parts of it to me and asking if I've ever heard of such a thing.

I keep telling her I heard about a year or two ago and that everthing in the book is in place now and the clock is ticking.

Reading Vince Flynn’s American Assassin. After that is another Vince Flynn book and then comes Agenda 21 by Glenn Beck (if I get it for Christmas… which I will because I put it in the shopping cart for my bride to get for me. Hey, I’m just saving time!)

My wife hates when I help her shop....lol. I put things in the cart while she isn't looking and then volunteer to go get the car pulled up to the door. I just hide so I can watch as she explains she didn't pick up those items....lol.