Sign in to follow this  
readytogo1955

Since we are talking percentages,what percent we give this people.

Maybe they were all ignorant and lazy,or maybe they forgot to buy a 26 footer open fisherman,maybe new orleans should be build on still,like venise,maybe they should all be given motorboat homes,or attach plantoons to their trailers.

There are lots of maybes in survival,no one can saved you from drowning in a glass of water, In the United States, one violent crime was committed in every 22.2 seconds and one murder committed in every 30.9 minutes,what percentage are you in on thiis

post-2313-13851498201073_thumb.jpg

not enought computers and brains to figure out the numbers,.no matter how many jars of chilli you have,the threory behiend the BOB is useless,Rambo,Indiana Jones,McGaiver,come on,only in movies.

Flora left over 7,000 people dead in Haiti and Cuba, making it one of the five deadliest hurricanes in Atlantic history,my home flooded,5 feet of water.I was there.

Oklhoma,april 1979,Lawton,tornado,I was there,not a nice picture.

1978-79,FT Sill,OK,snow storm,no power,frozen roads,lots of people in the dark.

The theory of prediction is just that,a theory,you cross the briged in the morning in the afternoon is gone,don`t tell me that you have a boat in your bob,is just that simple,and now since we have nothing to talk about,we become theorits,wow.

what`s the main ingredient on beef jerky?.

post-2313-13851498200592_thumb.jpg

post-2313-13851498200715_thumb.jpg

post-2313-1385149820083_thumb.jpg

post-2313-13851498200959_thumb.jpg

The point is what,sir?

What % of those people are stupid,and what % where to poor,or unable to moved,we know about those criminals,but you just can`t stereotype a population,that becomes discrimination.My question here is how many of us here/family,have suffer a major event?,loss a love one,in the opinion of a few here ,those people who die in the CA earthquake,were stupid.

If someone is still living below sea-level anywhere... especially after Katrina destroied everything... they are stupid. Even if they are poor and destitute, if they are still in the N.O. area and managed to get another roof, they could have moved. If someone is homeless on the streets in N.O. thats double-stupid because there's nothing to keep them there.

But CA earthquakes, thats alot less predictable so they're not so stupid as N.O.

Personally you couldn't pay me enough to love on the coast especially where they have hurricanes like in the gulf. I. Don't understand people rebuilding in the same location where getting destroyed again very shortly is very likely.

I certainly wouldn't say loss of life in earthquakes or any other event is stupid. It' tragic. However I also can not fathom those that A: Understand the danger and B: have the resources and opportunity to move away, but C: rebuild time after time in the same danger zone. For us here in the upper midwest, its spring floods. They flood EVERY year, yet folks who have lost everything time and again build there again. I do not feel sorry for those that do this. I don't feel bad if they drown. (Other than for their kids who had no input or choice)

I certainly will help with blankets and food and other immediate aid, but help rebuild? Uh-Uh.

If Readytogo was serious about his percentage questions.....I don't think there is any data that would prove the answer.

As far as personally "suffering a major event" I have, many times while in the Corps. By the grace of God, my family has not.

Does that help answer your post?