Sign in to follow this  
101matt

Sept. 1, 1939, invasion started World War II 73 years ago/LEAST WE FORGET

Poland..1939....Invaded...in 3 months it was divided in half by Russia and Germany...

Let us never forget...what followed.............

Who would have such a tready now ???????

Is America next??And who would care if we were invaded?

NOT anyone in the Middle East/Eastern Europe...JMO

Doubtful if The USA would be invaded as things stand now. I do wonder if the world economy collapsed who would be inclined to come over and want land for past debts. It would depend on whose military was still standing.

"There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II.

This is why the Japanese never even attempted to invade US Territory during WWII

But now they wanna take our guns away. And eventually our govt will be successful. There will be many guns given up others will fight. Once our govt puts down those willing to fight. THen the country will be primed for invasion. No guns held by the populace, no one left willing to fight, our military will be demoralized and very ineffective.

WHo would come to our aid? Canada? Brits? mexico might, but i wouldnt expect one single lowly mexican rifleman to go home.

Who would wanna invade? Cant name em all

Edited by NavyVet_77

"There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II.

This is why the Japanese never even attempted to invade US Territory during WWII

But now they wanna take our guns away. And eventually our govt will be successful. There will be many guns given up others will fight. Once our govt puts down those willing to fight. THen the country will be primed for invasion. No guns held by the populace, no one left willing to fight, our military will be demoralized and very ineffective.

Very well said sir.don't know why they would want to take away a huge fighting force like that...and they didn't even have to pay for us to be armed and ready..not one red cent

WHo would come to our aid? Canada? Brits? mexico might, but i wouldnt expect one single lowly mexican rifleman to go home.

Who would wanna invade? Cant name em all

Sorry Navyvet.

My Minor Bachelorate is in history, it is a passion of mine as well as factual correctness Yamamoto never stated this quote. While the statement's intention maybe accurate during that time frame the quote was believed to be made up as propaganda against the Japanese and is featured in a couple of WWII news reels. Also the Japanese did invade U.S. Territories including Alaska they managed to capture several of the Aleutian islands.

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." It has been declared this attribution is "unsubstantiated and almost certainly bogus, even though it has been repeated thousands of times in various Internet postings. There is no record of the commander in chief of Japan’s wartime fleet ever saying it.", according to Brooks Jackson in "Misquoting Yamamoto" at Factcheck.org (11 May 2009)

Edited by warrior7r

if its a misquote it wouldnt have taken so long for someone to say so in 2009. Sounds like more govt propaganda

Besides, this quote had to be around long before the internet was :P

And it endured the decades til then.

Yes the Japs did thier own version of island hoping just like we did in the south Pacific. THey hoped from 1 tiny inseqnificant island to the next until the US had to respond and pushed them back into the sea. THe Japs didnt even allocate enuf resources to effectively establish a beachhead for a larger force. THe so-called invasion of Alaska was a diversion, attempting to draw off our fleet from the south Pacific.

Edited by NavyVet_77

Actually it was listed as a misquote after WWII in a Japanese book by Yamamoto's Aide DeCamp Hirio Wantanabe published in 1952. Your right the campaign was mainly a ruse to draw Nimitz away from Midway but also was meant after the fact to be a launching platform for some of their Top Secret terror weapons and a spy insertion point for the axis using German and Italian Agents but we did not just push them back into the sea we rushed three destroyers and a heavy cruiser to hold them then made garrisons on several of the islands that were made up of troops from Ft Richardson and Alaskan rangers as costal watchers and intel to hold the Japanese till early 45 when the extra resources were available to eject them as they had no means of escape or supplies it ended up turning into a slaughter. As far as insignificant when American town, outposts and civilians are conquered by any enemy I dont call it insignificant thankfully Yamamoto's orders as to their treatment were obeyed.

Edited by warrior7r

hi all

yes war7 they did invade but couldn't hold.what was 500 killed them selves , so the americans couldn't do it for them.it's against the constitution to have even 1 foreign soldier,last year they admitted 20,000 couldn't confirm or deny count,but there was around 3,000,000 in north america (u.n.)..so who said we weren't already invaded?but they're still tring to figure how to take the weapons.after all we're not brazil.towhich the u.n. did there.

Certain countries can not be successfully invaded. Russia, China, the US others with a population or land mass so large that "occupying" the country is impossible. The Germans had enough trouble with France, in fact most of the European countries, that I'd say a population and land mass the size of France is probably an upper limits.

Any country can be defeated IF the government will accept defeat but occupying a country like the US (or Switzerland or Sweden) with an armed populace is a Herculean task. If even 1% of American citizens resisted that is 3 MILLION armed individuals to give you grief. Think "Red Dawn". Kind of a hokey movie but results weren't too far from the truth.

Capt, I will agree but for argument's sake... My take is that even russia and china could be taken militarily. Unlike the US, neither of these 2 nations are capable to be self sufficient for their populations on food production. The population could be devasted, altho with much damage to the enviroment (without CBRNE weapons) as a Daisy Cutter would have devastatine effects on their "human waves". The enviroment would need a several years to repair itself and especially with russia, the attack would have to be made in early spring to avoid the winter that actually defeated Germany. They can't wipe out the agriculture land in the US without starving themselves, which leaves mass bombings and CBRNE attacks off their plans (if intelligence is even present in their thoughts), plus with our armed populace, soldiers will be fighting for every inch they get and keep. This will lower morale and deplete their manpower quickly due to dessertion and/or casualties.

I do believe this is a major cause for the deforestation of the Amazon Basin, to establish an agriculture center outside the US to feed the world in a land that the people do not value freedom as much.... nor are armed. It is why (IMO) we have so many clandestine operations happening in South America (besides the drug trade) ran by Criminals In Action and their flunkies to eradicate the indigenious Peoples who do NOT want the vast deforestation to happen.

Do I completely think this is the reason... NO, but it is a thought and I just don't trust anyone in "power" to have my or America's best interest at heart. Plus we live our lives plying the "what if" to our plans.

"Any country can be defeated IF the government will accept defeat but occupying a country like the US (or Switzerland or Sweden) with an armed populace is a Herculean task. If even 1% of American citizens resisted that is 3 MILLION armed individuals to give you grief. Think "Red Dawn". Kind of a hokey movie but results weren't too far from the truth. "

BUT !! Does America have the "Sons and Daughters" that will stand up??

First the mass population of the Citys will need to be delt with...the country folks will do what is needed untill a combined effert is made to control them..

My local dealer in fine machinery (hand and shoulder held)is a Grad from West Point..We speek about what can happen if TSHTF..

His fear is the Power that a Military has,"apache helicopters''could be used on small communitys..!!

After word gets out that this typ of destruction is comming for your community...well who will be able to stand against it..

It may never happen,I pray it does not..BUT Never say Never...

jmo....

We have been fighting a War with China for many years now, and not many people, even in Govt realize it.

China, for nearly the last 100 years or more and slowly been taking over the world 1 country at a time, by invading the Banking sector of a country as a first strike. Once they setup shop in the banks, then you start seeing more and more new Chinese-owned businesses. THen they move on to Politics of that country. Once they have a good foot hold in the countries economy they manage to get a couple people elected that will support thier cause of furthering thier economic grip on a country. After a while, they'll have that country by the balls... and if that country doesnt give them what they want the can raise prices, they can boycott the VICTIM country if they want.

So Capt Bart is right in many ways. But a conventional war isnt the only kind of warfare. CHina doesnt need our landmass.... all they need is our economy.... without losing a single f* foot soldier. And the Greed and selfishness of Corporate America only plays into the goals of the CHinese.

Edited by NavyVet_77

hi all

whats with all the russian and eastern block truck drivers,being brought over via tax dollars.all i've seen are military age.the ones i've seen walking walk military.when talking to one , asked where he was from.thinking russian.he said he was from romania , i told him ,iwas more romanian than he was,and as far as i knew none of my relatives were ever there.i told him russian or ukranian.he said russian aint so bad.i said, then why lie. no answer.and i'm not just talking about seeing a few.are they here learning our roadways.remember the retake of the cheks in the late 70's.what was est.at 48 hrs was 3 weeks.because changing signs,or removing them.why are all these tactical markers on the backs of road signs?quess i better quit.

hi all

whats with all the russian and eastern block truck drivers,being brought over via tax dollars.all i've seen are military age.the ones i've seen walking walk military.when talking to one , asked where he was from.thinking russian.he said he was from romania , i told him ,iwas more romanian than he was,and as far as i knew none of my relatives were ever there.i told him russian or ukranian.he said russian aint so bad.i said, then why lie. no answer.and i'm not just talking about seeing a few.are they here learning our roadways.remember the retake of the cheks in the late 70's.what was est.at 48 hrs was 3 weeks.because changing signs,or removing them.why are all these tactical markers on the backs of road signs?quess i better quit.

Mmmmmmmmmm.....

hi all

HUmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Indeed..

sneekey littel shits............I guess that Interstate 95 and 81 will have to be GUARDED by the Nation guard!!Oh wait we have blue helmets for that. right????

I better quit .got to get more water stashed..just saying..