Sign in to follow this  
Seanpfl

November

Made a couple of new threads tonight. Hope I'm not over using my newbie-to-this-site status but I'm getting a lot of good info and at the same time it's bringing questions to the surface that have been bugging me for a while.

General election day and the day after: If this election goes the way I hope I'm reasonably certain there is going to be a lot of violence, mostly in the bigger cities such as Atlanta, LA, Detroit, Chicago and such. Am I being unreasonable, dramatic, over cautious, or, am I in the majority?

Not overly concerned for myself as I live in a smaller community, somewhat removed from urban areas and populated by like-minded individuals. I intend to stay close to home base that day and for a while afterward. I am concerned about friends and family that are living in some of these larger cities.

As for preparedness, can't think of much more that I can do for that situation than I already have. I'll of course keep my feelers way out, my head on a swivel and pay particularly close attention to the news and my neck hairs.

They've been thinking that riots will break out then for a while now. I catch Glen Beck's show most days while I'm driving and that's one of the reasons he moved to Texas. I wish I could move there sometimes too!

The thing I've been wondering the most about is the Black Panthers. After what they got away with in 2008, there's no telling what they'll try this year. I'm on vacation that week just so I can watch the returns and the news. I don't care a dingleberry about the Alabama-Auburn game but politics is my Superbowl. Can't get enough even though it drives me damned near crazy.

Well Hossman, the invitation still stands. Grab the clan, run by your precincts votin' spot, do your duty and head straight over here. You know my place has the better approaches and much clearer fields of fire. We can celebrate the day at the private range down the street, go do some RCin' and eat like there's no tomorrow.

Not too worried about the Panthers. They only show up where they don't matter and they don't have to worry about opposition. If they tried around here what they did in '08 they would be spanked like a naughty 4 YO girl only more screaming and dry cleaning involved.

You and I are 100% on the same track politically but I don't get as much chance to hear the statistics or the pre-game interviews. At my advancing age I have to watch the old blood pressure. I know who the good guys and bad guys are though so it don't take Seanpfl long at the voting booth figuring out where to put the pencil.

General election day and the day after: If this election goes the way I hope I'm reasonably certain there is going to be a lot of violence, mostly in the bigger cities such as Atlanta, LA, Detroit, Chicago and such. Am I being unreasonable, dramatic, over cautious, or, am I in the majority?

i could see riots if the left loses i can also see civil war if the right loses...anything is possible