Sign in to follow this  
Seanpfl

.410 shotshell reloading

Any tips on getting into reloading .410 shotshells at a reasonable cost?

I've asked around and the usual answer is "no". I have a somewhat unusual situation though. I own a semi-auto shotgun that is real picky about shell length and diameter. The diameter issue I probably can't control other than sticking with certain factory brands/loads. What I am hoping for is to reload these shells and control OA length.

Open to any and all suggestions including "live with the high cost of .410".

Seanplf,

I've never reloaded shotgun shells. I did some quick checking and found these threads:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/reloading_shotshell.htm

http://www.endtimesreport.com/410reloading.html

As I said, I've never done it so I can't vouch for any of the data. Good luck and if you decide to go do this, please let us know how it turns out.

Just remember my warning about reloading - you are dealing with something that goes BOOM! so make sure you don't take chances with what you are doing.

I appreciate the links and vid Capt. Bart! I sometimes get lazy on the search thing.

I've got a buddy that has been reloading since the 70s and he would stand over me with a whip while learning. He has never loaded shotshells though, mostly rifle and some handgun. He's got a killer reloading room but is one of those that said "Not worth it". Of course he bought all of his tumblers, presses and such a long time ago and when we go to the Gun Shows he cries at the prices of new equipment. LOL

If I do move forward with this I'll contribute with photos, equipment and supplies prices and most important of all I'll bare my mistakes for all to see and avoid. I'm positive that there will be plenty of those.

new cases from Ballistic products can be loaded on a table with a piece of wood dowel and a the proper loading data

call BPI and ask them and get a roll crimper and the loading data for this. save your hulls and you can sell them and buy

more new ones still way cheaper than buying factory. you can make your own shot and buck pellets or use BB's

there are plenty of forums and information from powder manufacturers as well as online videos from youtube

REMEMBER CHECK AND VERIFY the internet should be used as a guide not trusted for accuracy of information

FYI.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Topics

• here is the survival coupons codes to get a amazing material of survival struggling 
    • Hey all, This is sort of cool (okay really cool) and maybe some of you have heard about it because it's been plastered over FOX and mentioned by POTUS as well as other conservative-leaning news people (Huckabee, Diamond/Silk, Candace Owens, Mark Levin, etc..) and politicians. #walkaway is a movement based mostly on social media. Started last year, by Brandon Straka (pronounced Strawk - like "straw" with a "k"). He's a former 2016 HRC-voting hair stylist, from NE, now in NYC, homosexual, liberal who began to question the MSM and what he was hearing. He got really frustrated as he began to do his own research. Anyway, after having his own awakening to the lies of MSM he had been following, he began an online testimonial campaign in which former liberals can post their #walkaway stories, written or video. Many are now on the "Trump Train." Many have simply left the Left. Still, others have always been non-Left and are members in support. The amazing thing is how many different people from all walks of life are beginning to wake up. Lots are not conservative on all issues, but all have a love for the USA and dislike the demonization of open political and social thinkers and speakers. This group gives solace to people scared to voice their conservative opinions or views for fear of negative professional or personal responses. It now has budding smaller groups in all 50 states and an online discussion group where people discuss current topics or issues (WITH no vitriol, gasp).  Here's the original video from Brandon.  www.youtube.com/watch?v=51UGcghHZsk This man, Brandon has a unique, stylish, well-articulated voice to help move people "in hiding" out into the open and not be silenced. Pretty much any video Brandon does is great. Here is the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/groups/OFFICIALwalkawaycampaign/ As I see fights erupt online, I simply leave #walkaway in the comments. Brandon has a goal of 1 million members! The liberal media has called this campaign "Russian Bots" and "paid actors." It's not!!!        
    • thanks to all who  have served or are serving our great country....243 years in the making....   Trump did a good job today thanking each branch of our military and a long time coming salute to the coast guard too....
    • I can imagine food prices going up this Fall or Winter. Corn is used for live stock feed, & us humans consume a lot of corn based products, as well as corn based biofuel. I’ve been keeping a watchful eye on the mid-west of America, which is flooded by water. Where corn  & other crops are normally grown there. Farmers are quite worried about this years growing season. Time to stock up on extra food if you can, if you haven’t already. Stack it high, stack it deep. Store the foods that you normally eat. What ever the  amount of food you’ve stored,  try to double it if possible. Better extra safe, than sorry.