Sign in to follow this  
juzcallmesnake

Ok that did it i am now ticked off....

Not a rant thread but in a short time it may become one.

Today I had a hankering for some goulash so I went to the store and picked a cabbage,

that was twice the size of a softball.

Got to the check out and she said $3.49 like it is

an everyday occurrence that a small cabbage costs half of an hour of minimum wage labor.

I politely stated, i'll see you in hell before I pay $3.49 for a cabbage" now if something has.

struck you recently like a slap in the face I would like you to share it here in it's context.

Now if this is not a sign that the end of the world is near I do not know what your waiting for

because we got all I have ever heard of war's rumors of war death from disease pestilence

waking dead {Aids HIV numerous things} crop circles alien crafts flying everywhere

the constitution is being used for azz wipe and our courts are letting child molesters off with

probation, BUT THAT DID IT I AM NOW TICKED OFF $3.49 for a fu@kin' cabbage are they serious.

The cereal aisle always irritates me. Sometimes over 5$ for a box of cereal just isn't right. Also fish in the grocery store. Here in MN its almost 5$ per pound for bull heads! A lot of the time, some beef is cheaper than stinkin' bulheads!

somebody please wake tinder up.............

Dang rick some of us have lives outside of this forum!... I mean I'm not one of them but still! OK snake said that his 2500th post was going to be his last. Then he post this and I thought it was a little "intense". So I said he was going out with a bang. See no big deal! But keeping making it one ricky

Snake, I am right there with you. I wince every time I go to the grocery store, especially on the produce aisle. Most other things you can buy in bulk and bring the cost per ounce or unit down, but on produce we really see the inflation nailing us.

Devildog, I am a big cereal fan and I watch for sales (and coupons) or buy the Kroger brand and never pay more than $2.30 (usually less than $2) for a box of cereal. You must be buying the GOOD STUFF (you know, healthy and good for you). As for fish, I seldom eat it as I am scared of the toxins. Much better to eat beef, that way I know I am getting plenty of antibiotics and steroids in my diet.

I had that moment about a week ago...

Im canning everything I have....water is being stored...cleaning metal....

Canning is about the only way to go,if you have a farmers market,you can get good deals in vegetables,meats also,a little work but it saves on the long run,$4.99 for 4 ears of corn?.

Dang rick some of us have lives outside of this forum!... I mean I'm not one of them but still! OK snake said that his 2500th post was going to be his last. Then he post this and I thought it was a little "intense". So I said he was going out with a bang. See no big deal! But keeping making it one ricky

lol hey there tinder. who has a life outside this forum? we cant stand for that!

i hope that ole snake finds us more worthy than 2,500 posts.

he will/would be missed indeed. way to valuable to lose snake is.

did i keep making it one??

My wife and I have started canning. So for 12 pints of salsa. This coming week beets and apple sauce. We have been growing growing more thing every year. We also buy in bulk to can from a few local farmers so we can can.