Sign in to follow this  
Danm

The Final Insanity

The Final Insanity

The problem with the type of Democracy currently practiced in the US is that it is based on two assumptions that are both sadly false. The first is that a stupid person’s opinion is just as good and valid as an intelligent person’s opinion. The second assumption is that people will do what is best for the country and not what is best for them alone.

The inherent falsity of the first is obvious to any person of even normal intelligence. A person that can’t support themselves yet has several kids, none of whom they can support, or someone that has spent a large part of their life in prison just isn’t who needs to be running the country. The founding fathers had it right. You should have to meet SOME sort of minimum criteria before you get to vote. I personally think that if you can’t run your life without my help then I don’t need you helping decide how I run my life…Enough of that, point is either made or can’t BE made…

The second is a little less obvious but as valid nonetheless. We need tern limits because professional politicians care most about their party and their personal advancement than any larger less profitable allegiance. They don’t have to live under the laws that they make and don’t have to earn an honest living so they just don’t care about that sort of thing. We don’t elect AMERICANS anymore, we elect Republicans or Democrats and they do what is best, first and foremost, for their party.

The media is used to sway the minds of the week minded. They are EASY and since all it takes is a majority to rule they will win in the end because there are a LOT more stupid people that smart people. The media is just a tool that is used to manipulate the week minded Sheeple and then to keep the rest locked in a web of stupid self-serving laws. I mean what is so hard to understand in the fact that gun laws don’t have ANY effect on criminals (They don’t obey laws anyway DUH!!) and only serve to protect them from honest people.

I’m almost positive that we are approaching the end of the run as far as unrestrained democracy is concerned. Let’s face it we elected a man to the most powerful office in our land that has never worked a day in his life and has broken faith with every group that ever supported him. When he ran for the Senate part of his campaign was a promise to SERVE the people that were electing him and that he was NOT going to just use it as a stepping stone to the White house.

He even said that he wasn’t qualified for that office because he didn’t have enough experience. SO he was elected in a “feel good” campaign where we showed the world, “Look how equal we are.” Hell they even gave him a Nobel peace prize for something he never did or intended to do! Now we have to try and survive the reality.

The fact is that until the non-sheeple stop ACTING like Sheeple the Sheeple are going to rule us. We are nearly as bad as they are! We so WANT everyone to be equal that we are willing to let them destroy us all for that hopeless wish.

Bravo Danm! Well said sir!

PS to Snake- I enjoy reading yer posts too Snake! Takes me a bit of time, but you ALWAYS have a great point to make and there's something worth learning in them.

Danm whether you can spell or not you see things clearly and put that to words well...Damn fine post.

Snake, if you leave who's gonna "pop the whip"....damn libs will over run us without your scatter gun tongue.

point of order please.

Our Founding Fathers created a republican form of government - a state in which the supreme power rests in the people through their elected representative - a self-government based on a structure of checks and balances.

The story goes that, as Benjamin Franklin left the Constitutional Convention in 1787, he was approached by a Mrs. Powell, who asked him, "What have you given us, Dr. Franklin?"

"A republic," he replied, "if you can keep it.

Well, we can't seem to keep it. At least not for the long foreseeable future - for decades. The three branches of government are totally out of joint.

The problem is that many have been "educated" in schools that are built,run, and supported by government. These schools indoctrinate the students with liberal; and progressive ideologies. They devalue the family and its values, while lauding the government as supreme. With amount of crap that is heaped up in the school system all we are raising is toadstools. These toadstools can only spew forth the government line so they vote for the ones that offer more government. A toadstool cant think for itself.

Democracy is only a form of mob rules. The founding fathers despised Democracy. The name "democrate" was at that time equal to the name "Nazi" as it is used today. Then again most would not know the difference between a Nazi, fascist or communist.

The French historian, Guizot, once asked James Russell Lowell, "How long will the American republic endure?" Lowell replied: "As long as the IDEAS of the men who founded it continue dominant".

Edited by awake

Shepherds. The problem being that we have to take them away from who they're already following, not an easy task unless we offer an easier road for them. That is not what the United States was based on.

From living on the governments pockets we have to convinve the sheeple to start doing it themselves, to rise to the top and shine. It's a hard sale.

While in some regards I do agree with you Damn there are other things that I do not agree 100 percent with ya on.

I think that you are right that there is an overwhelming majority of Americans that just want the easy free way out, AKA Gov do everything for me, Gov run my life and put as many restrictions on it as you would like, and that is alright with me as long as you conitnue to give me food stamps, and people who will only vote democrat because they seem to believe and think that democrats have this want and wish to make people better and help them succeed.

The reality of it all and the sad part of it all is that all that a Liberals plan and all that their "HELP" do is continue to keep you poor. Yes they may give you food stamps and WIC but they do not truly give you enough to really survive on if that is truly what you needed to do. So all that this does is cause lazy people to not want to get jobs, or not get that promotion at work where they make an extra 50 to 100 bucks a week because they will loose out on all their "FREE" gov hand outs.

The part I'm not 100% on the same page with you on is when you said that they pull us all down to keep them happy. If you were to say this statement 10 years ago, yes without a doubt you are correct. But I feel that this tide has changed. Tea party people and those of us who have a real love and respect for the constitution have been called racist and hate mongeres and homophobes for years. And we would just shut up when called these things and walk away. Let them win and causing us not share our whole view and make our point. But now we are not letting left wing NUTS and CRAZY EXTREME LIBERALS call us these things any more.

They can call us all of these things but what Americans are beginning to realize is that we truly aren't these things. We are just Americans that want everyone to succeed, that don't want handouts, and that are sick and tired of being told that we need to help out everyone else who chooses not to have a job with our tax dolllars. I trully believe that things are changing but we have to make sure that we are doing our part and voting as well as not allowing ourselves or others to do stupid sh*t like the left does when they get freaked out.

Sorry I could keep going but now I'm gettin on my soap box and its only 9 AM. SCARRY!!!!!!!

Just one side not before anyone goes and says that I just hate all on the left wing. Most of what has been done for the last 40 to 50 years in this country both by Donkeys and Elephants and has led us blindly to this position that we stand in today. There is a lot of republicans views and policies that I do not agree with either because they stand in the face of the constitution just as much some of the stuff that the Liberals force through. I am just a man who wants the country to take pride in what we do and wants to see the US be a place where his daughter can grow and succeed ALL WHILE FOLLOWING THE CONSTITUTION AND BILL OF RIGHTS...

While in some regards I do agree with you Damn there are other things that I do not agree 100 percent with ya on.

I think that you are right that there is an overwhelming majority of Americans that just want the easy free way out, AKA Gov do everything for me, Gov run my life and put as many restrictions on it as you would like, and that is alright with me as long as you conitnue to give me food stamps, and people who will only vote democrat because they seem to believe and think that democrats have this want and wish to make people better and help them succeed.

The reality of it all and the sad part of it all is that all that a Liberals plan and all that their "HELP" do is continue to keep you poor. Yes they may give you food stamps and WIC but they do not truly give you enough to really survive on if that is truly what you needed to do. So all that this does is cause lazy people to not want to get jobs, or not get that promotion at work where they make an extra 50 to 100 bucks a week because they will loose out on all their "FREE" gov hand outs.

The part I'm not 100% on the same page with you on is when you said that they pull us all down to keep them happy. If you were to say this statement 10 years ago, yes without a doubt you are correct. But I feel that this tide has changed. Tea party people and those of us who have a real love and respect for the constitution have been called racist and hate mongeres and homophobes for years. And we would just shut up when called these things and walk away. Let them win and causing us not share our whole view and make our point. But now we are not letting left wing NUTS and CRAZY EXTREME LIBERALS call us these things any more.

They can call us all of these things but what Americans are beginning to realize is that we truly aren't these things. We are just Americans that want everyone to succeed, that don't want handouts, and that are sick and tired of being told that we need to help out everyone else who chooses not to have a job with our tax dolllars. I trully believe that things are changing but we have to make sure that we are doing our part and voting as well as not allowing ourselves or others to do stupid sh*t like the left does when they get freaked out.

Sorry I could keep going but now I'm gettin on my soap box and its only 9 AM. SCARRY!!!!!!!

Just one side not before anyone goes and says that I just hate all on the left wing. Most of what has been done for the last 40 to 50 years in this country both by Donkeys and Elephants and has led us blindly to this position that we stand in today. There is a lot of republicans views and policies that I do not agree with either because they stand in the face of the constitution just as much some of the stuff that the Liberals force through. I am just a man who wants the country to take pride in what we do and wants to see the US be a place where his daughter can grow and succeed ALL WHILE FOLLOWING THE CONSTITUTION AND BILL OF RIGHTS...

Amen Amen Amen

Talk about INSANE................This is going on All over the world....Letting in people that take advantage of our Laws and Good nature than Subverting it to suit them selfs..

The So called "MAN' is on welfare In Germany..3 wifes and 10 kids..and WONT live acording to GERMAN Law and Holds COURT based on HIS Laws..

Coming to a Neighbor hood near you...

Nazism to 'Salafism': Islamists Threaten Germany

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2012/August/Nazism-to-Salafism-Islamists-Threaten-Germany/

why isnt he in jail yet ?

I mean.. if you refuse to live by the law of the land, any NORMAL person would quickly find themselves eating oatmeal every morning and sharing a cell with Bubba.

Why is he so special ? F* politics!!!

THese "Salafi" are so full of SHIT

Even thier Prophet Mohammed sought refuge and found it in another land, only after promising to follow the law of the land and the King they subjected themsleves too, in return for the ability to worship as they pleased. THey (being the Islamic community) even made an animated childs movie telling this story of Prophet Mohammed.

In our own coutnry, for example the Amish, ARE subject to the laws of the US. but they do also govern themselves handling many occurances themselves. But being people of good nature they are usually VERY RESPECTED by the communities they live in/near. THEY DONT cause trouble or try to FORCE thier way of life on everyone else. Anyone from PA care to comment on this? I know from those living in SouthCentral KY.

Edited by NavyVet_77

I love this place!! It is the rarest of thing in that people here can disagree and still think intelligently.

Now for the other side of the coin… As bad as the liberals are the so called “right wing conservatives” in this country are even WORSE! The Republican Party is basically an elitist fascist group. Let me tell you, if I just HAD to pick the lesser of two evils I’d take the Uncle Sugar Democrats in a heart beat.

At least after the Democrats get everyone on welfare they will try and feed us and provide a minimal level of medical support. The republicans would sit on their golden thrones and offer us a quick death or slavery.

Think about it, the Republicans do things like NAFTA and giving China favored nation status which in essence is exporting jobs. American workers can’t compete with those countries and part of the reason why they can’t is the same government that gave away the jobs.

The American auto industry went to pot because the US Government made them make cars that nobody WANTED. The Japanese had the small car market wrapped up. Americans liked the big American cars but slowly they were forced to build less and less attractive cars. People in America CAN’T work in a factory that considers a bucket in the corner as adequate bathroom facilities…even if they wanted to! Between the government mandated product line, OSHA, EPA, and all the other alphabet agencies it just cost more to do business here than in other countries.

The Right wing conservative Republican are ALL about profits for the BIG boys. First they make it unprofitable to do business here and then they make it easy to manufacture their stuff out of the country and then bring it in.

Now for the real bear…TAXES!!! Things went to the dogs when the Rick got more and more tax breaks. I know, if you tax the rich they won’t be able to start new businesses to employ us po working stiffs. BULLPUCKY!!!!

Let me tell you the TRUTH about taxes. America became the the greatest country in the world BECAUSE we taxed the hell out of the rich! We are dying now BECAUSE we are letting them bleed us to death.

Sam Walton became the wealthiest man in America paying taxes in the 70% and UP area! The same is true of all the big name families of the past. Here is how it worked and how it changed…

Historical Income Tax Rates & Brackets

In 1920 you paid 73% of everything over a million.

In 1940 you paid 81.1 of everything over 5 million.

In 1960 you paid 91% of everything over 400 thousand.

In 1980 you paid 70% of everything over 200 thousand.

In 1990 you paid 28% of everything over 32 thousand.

In 2000 you paid 29% of everything over 294 thousand.

In 2010 you paid 35% of everything over 370 thousand.

Think about when the jobs started going overseas as a flood tide…

When the rich were paying high taxes they still could accrue wealth. They did it through accumulating ASSETS. Their wealth was asset based where with the advent of low taxes there was a shift to PERSONAL wealth. When a company made a big profit instead of the owner pocketing a huge minimally taxed wad of money, they REINVESTED that profewt into the company. They built new factories, hired more people or something…anything but let Uncle Sam take 70 % to 90%.

Now they move their stuff overseas, close the factories and pocket the cash. Corporate raiding only works when you get to keep the money. I worked for a company that was raided. It was bought (SBA loan) they sold the on hand stocks, pocketed every penny that came in, put out hot pay checks and then filed bankruptcy and walked away grinning. The people that worked there lost their jobs and in a few cases several paychecks that they had held as a favor to the new owner and We the People got to take the loss because in the end the SBA sold it back to the original owner for ten cents on the dollar.

The Republican party and Rightwing conservatives support pure greed and poverty by encouraging the wealthy to pocket the profits rather than reinvest. It is a SIN for someone to be a multibillionaire while in the shadows of his many mansions kids live in poverty without health care!!!

Just as I would take the kids away, spay/neuter and prosecute for child abuse anybody that had more than two kids while they were unable to support even themselves, I would do exactly the same to anyone that closed a profitable factory in America so they could move the jobs out of the country for bigger profits. There should be a 120% tax bracket that would be imposed on companies that put Americans out of work because they moved the jobs out of the country for purely greater profits. The rich used to look at employees as tax deductions but now they are just expenses that can be cut if cheaper can be found.

Wealth should be for a society NOT just for special selected greedy individuals!!!!!!

I don't argue that there are not many greedy folks out there. But to put things in prespective, a corporation's profits can be taxed three times. First on their yearly profits. Second on those same profits again if the IRS deems they have withheld too much in equity for reinvestment, and thirdly when those profits are paid out to individuals, the individuals are taxed.

In terms of moving jobs out of the country, lets examine just one scenario. You run a profitable manufacturing company. Your main customer is Walmart who is 80% of your business. One day Walmart comes to you and says we will continue to buy from you for this price. The price is significantly below your present cost. Do you a) sell below cost thereby bankrupting your company B) give up 80% of your business c) move production to another country that will allow you to still make a profit?

The "rights" and "wrongs" generally don't lend themselves to black and white answers.

While I can also cite many abuses I really feel for the owners of companies that get caught in a vise through no fault of their own. Mainly due to the economy we are losing about 7,000 manufacturers a year in this country. It ain't been easy being in business the last few years.

Danm, we have term limits now. Voters can vote out ANY politician every time they come up for re-election. But they don’t so they get the representation they deserve. Also, to create term limits, the US Constitution would have to be amended. If the Constitution is amended, I’m on your side!

Danm,

The biggest disagreement I have with your last post is that you confused Bush (well, the whole family) and the Republican party with conservatives. The Republican party is not conservative and hasn't been for a long time. I call myself a republican, but actually I'm just a plain ol' conservative with a lot of Libertarian leanings.

I disagree with the Democrat party because the more entitlements that they give us, the more it causes us to quit fighting for our freedoms and liberty. I don't want anything from the government except protection from foreign invasion, which neither side is doing when it comes to illegal immigration, and the ability to settle disputes between the states. When it's all boiled down, those two are the big things we need from a Federal government. There are 16 others spelled out in the Constitution though, but again, neither side is really using that document anymore. If the Federal government ONLY did the things spelled out in it, the states would step up and take over some of the duties currently held by Washington. People wouldn't starve to death in the streets because nobody was there to care for them. Churches and communities would step in like they used to do before federal taxes and regulation strangled the ability to help. Our government was meant to be a local thing, not a mega-beauracracy, multi-departmented, good ol boys club like it has become. Noticed how it's difficult to get changes at the Federal level? That's because a beauracracy can do nothing except support a beauracracy and grow it's own power. If power was held at the local and state levels, it would be MUCH easier to see what was being done and by whom and then take the appropriate steps to remove the problem. All I need from the Federal government is to get out of my way and let me succeed. I already donate to my church and charities and I've helped build a house for Habitat for Humanity. If I paid fewer taxes, I would be willing and able to help even more. I may even be able to leave something more to my daughter when I pass away so that she won't have to work as hard as I do and she can help even more. The desire and the ability to do good deeds for our fellow man is more powerful (I think and hope) than our desire to do him harm. Just my opinion, YMMV...

Edited by Hossfly

Danm,

The biggest disagreement I have with your last post is that you confused Bush (well, the whole family) and the Republican party with conservatives. The Republican party is not conservative and hasn't been for a long time. I call myself a republican, but actually I'm just a plain ol' conservative with a lot of Libertarian leanings.

I disagree with the Democrat party because the more entitlements that they give us, the more it causes us to quit fighting for our freedoms and liberty. I don't want anything from the government except protection from foreign invasion, which neither side is doing when it comes to illegal immigration, and the ability to settle disputes between the states. When it's all boiled down, those two are the big things we need from a Federal government. There are 16 others spelled out in the Constitution though, but again, neither side is really using that document anymore. If the Federal government ONLY did the things spelled out in it, the states would step up and take over some of the duties currently held by Washington. People wouldn't starve to death in the streets because nobody was there to care for them. Churches and communities would step in like they used to do before federal taxes and regulation strangled the ability to help. Our government was meant to be a local thing, not a mega-beauracracy, multi-departmented, good ol boys club like it has become. Noticed how it's difficult to get changes at the Federal level? That's because a beauracracy can do nothing except support a beauracracy and grow it's own power. If power was held at the local and state levels, it would be MUCH easier to see what was being done and by whom and then take the appropriate steps to remove the problem. All I need from the Federal government is to get out of my way and let me succeed. I already donate to my church and charities and I've helped build a house for Habitat for Humanity. If I paid fewer taxes, I would be willing and able to help even more. I may even be able to leave something more to my daughter when I pass away so that shebwon't have to work as hard as I do and she can help even more. The desire and the ability to do good deeds for our fellow man is more powerful (I think and hope) than our desire to do him harm. Just my opinion, YMMV...

As my fellow prepper said, "amen amen amen.". I couldn't have said that any better myself. You took words straight out of my head. But than again I am one of those crazy tea parties, prep for the worse, gun toatin, Copenhagen chewing nuts that the government and msnbc warn you about every week. Lmao.

"The Republican party and Rightwing conservatives support pure greed and poverty by encouraging the wealthy to pocket the profits rather than reinvest. It is a SIN for someone to be a multibillionaire while in the shadows of his many mansions kids live in poverty without health care!!!

Just as I would take the kids away, spay/neuter and prosecute for child abuse anybody that had more than two kids while they were unable to support even themselves, I would do exactly the same to anyone that closed a profitable factory in America so they could move the jobs out of the country for bigger profits. There should be a 120% tax bracket that would be imposed on companies that put Americans out of work because they moved the jobs out of the country for purely greater profits. The rich used to look at employees as tax deductions but now they are just expenses that can be cut if cheaper can be found.

Wealth should be for a society NOT just for special selected greedy individuals!!!!!!"

I REALLY don't want to start an argument, but the quote above kept me awake last night.

It is NOT a sin to expect to keep most of what YOU make. It is the natural expectation of anybody who puts their blood, sweat, tears, money, hopes, dreams and ambitions into creating something. If somebody takes away the ability to profit from what you have created, then what is the incentive to create it? There is none! While people may be inclined to help the poor and needy, they are not inclined and WILL NOT help those who do not help themselves! We are not a collective nation and we will not agree with the Marxist principles!

Not now! Not ever! A 120% tax bracket? And you want companies to stay here and pay that? Why? How? They wouldn't exist after the first payment! Spay/neuter people who can't afford the children they have? While I agree that people should use self restraint when it comes to increasing the size of their family, I VEHEMENTLY disagree with the idea that I (OR THE GOVERNMENT!!!!) have the right/power/duty/obligation to Force them to be sterilized or abort their children! Hitler did that! Google "liebensborn" sometime for an eyeopener! Google Nazi Sterilization programs! Or for that matter, google death camps! What happens when government can tell a man how much money he can make or where he can work or what type of job he can perform or how many children he can have or who he can marry? This country was founded on INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM! Not social or collective freedoms! People (some right and most left) have been elected and are trying to take those INDIVIDUAL FREEDOMS away and give them to the government. There are MANY countries that fall into that category but there is ONLY one that steps above it and demands something more! That's this one, the United States of America. That's what people mean when they say "American Exceptionalism"! Not that we are better than other countries, but that we are the exception to the understood rule. I don't want to live under another man's rule. I will willingly live under his leadership if it fits into the idea that promotes INDIVIDUAL freedom to succeed or fail as I am able and as I see fit! To accept ANY other way is folly and death, not only of this country and all it stands for, but of my soul and the soul of my family!

I am NOT leaving that to my daughter!

I'm pissed off now and going to cut grass. So much for a nice, calm Labor Day weekend and a good discussion about prepping.

Edited by Hossfly

I`m for one I`m glad that the Government of the United States has been divided into 3 branches namely the Executive, the Legislative and the Judicial,not one has control of the other,that would be .A government controlled by one person, or a small group of people. In this form of government the power rests entirely on the person or group of people, and can be obtained by force or by inheritance. The dictator(s) may also take away much of its peoples' freedom.I live thru that,and I can tell you,that we all will get a knock on the door for what is been writen on this forum,so let`s get the other 70% of citizens to vote,eliminated the life term politicos,let`s bring the power back to the people,storing food,water,guns and ammo is not the only solution nor answer to survival people,our forefathers raise hell for our freedom,if your concerns are not address,let your politicos know,e-mail them,ask questions,faxes,keep copies,griping here goes unheard:cool: