Sign in to follow this  
Breaker

Review Suggestion: Pull String Alarms

I recently came across THIS.

post-2616-13851498198567_thumb.jpg

Pull-String Alarms

The ""Poor man's perimeter alarm."" These innocent looking little explosives have a 6"" pull string on each side of a 1 1/2"" charge. When rigged to a door, window or other entry point, a loud 85 decibel bang will wake up even the soundest sleeper. You can rig up these little gems in ways limited only by your imagination. Sold in packs of 72.

Was wondering if anyone has tried these out. I'm wary because of the price and quantity. Seems like too little for quite a bit. Me and the wife were kicking around buying some anyway just to see what we can do with them. I'm thinking flashbang, she's thinking incendiary. From another stand point I don't think I've ever seen something like this anywhere. Something thats considered explosives intended to explode that is being sold on the net for next to nothing. Kinda shady.

looks like something i use to play with when i teen, usually setup a a tripwire boobytrap in our bb gun wars

had been gonsidering those for a while but not able to find them, thanks for the link

Most of the ones I've run across have been crap...the reason is the string would break...not all the time, but enough to be annoying. If they're similar to the ones sold at fireworks stands and various 'novelty' shops, they aren't really that loud. Still, you could bundle two or three together and get a bit more bang out of em.

If memory serves they are not quite as loud as a black cat. I think I still have a few from some other stuff I had worked on, if I do I'll update the loudness factor tomorrow.

Most of the ones I've run across have been crap...the reason is the string would break...not all the time, but enough to be annoying. If they're similar to the ones sold at fireworks stands and various 'novelty' shops, they aren't really that loud. Still, you could bundle two or three together and get a bit more bang out of em.

If memory serves they are not quite as loud as a black cat. I think I still have a few from some other stuff I had worked on, if I do I'll update the loudness factor tomorrow.

That string thing is probably it. I was trying to see what could possibly be the catch and I can easily imagine that these might fail due to the string being poor quality. That said, I'm willing to bet you could rig it up for a variety of things to different effects like what 101matt had said.

Sorry I wasn't very obvious with the link. Price is $4.49 for a pack of 72. I can't verify the website either, never ordered through them before.

You could do a lot with these, even use them as 'initiators' for other things. One word of warning - in Houston these are classed as 'fireworks' and fireworks are illegal. You can't even transport them through Houston. Something like $2000 per firework and possible jail time.

If you get them (I thought they were great as a kid) be sure they're legal in your area.

You could do a lot with these, even use them as 'initiators' for other things. One word of warning - in Houston these are classed as 'fireworks' and fireworks are illegal. You can't even transport them through Houston. Something like $2000 per firework and possible jail time.

If you get them (I thought they were great as a kid) be sure they're legal in your area.

That's why if the perimeter needs it, I have a half dozen driveway monitors in a box. Grant it, the deer round here may set them off but it's a necessity for early warning. They don't have to be used for the driveway. I've done a practice run by putting them on trees and checking the sensor transmitter distances, I'm good 360*.

Edited by desert rat

"...be sure they're legal in your area."

There is nothing legal in my area!

Brother we got to LIBERATE you..lol

yes they can be adapted and used for Noise/always wax them to make them water proof...combine them with a bit of oo steel wool with produce HEAT...............thats all Im saying...