Sign in to follow this  
nobody

I love BOOBIES

Booby traps are great force multipliers. I have spent a lot of time gathering different plans for them, but have learned there are thousands of verities.(from the humble pungi sticks to shotgun trip wires) So I wanted to start a thread where we can share some of our favorites, and hopefully how to build them.

some of my favorites:http://vietnam-warfare.tripod.com/vietnamwarfare/id3.html

Sorry the title is misleading.(I'm a butt man)

While I too love boobies...the attached kind. The other kind are illegal to implement, nothing further to add.

Just this!!If you have never handled a live mine and had the training for it or a Claymore ..STOP and Dont go any futher...The Mob Boss in Itality that was just shoot was called "STUBS" for a reason..He lost Both hands setting a you know what.. If your setting a snare trap thats one thing if your going after a man...THATS Illegal..

Now Im done..

Edited by 101matt

While it may be illegal, all things are fair in love and war. If the time comes to push back against an oppressive government, an invading foreign force, or any threat in a SHTF situation, something such as this is both a dangerous and possibly tide turning skill to have. Knowledge is power, which is why the government fears it most of all. I'm sorry but the "It's illegal!" argument just does not do anything for me. should you go out into the forest and set one just to see if you can, and leave it there? no. Is it dangerous to try and set one? hell yes. hopefully everyone on here has enough common sense not to try something like this at home but there is nothing wrong OR illegal about KNOWING how to do something illegal. which, from what i gather, is what this thread is about..

Edited by Mudbass7

Knowing is OK...I have been trained..

82nd Engineer Combat Battalion...Do I encourage that you study your home defence area.Oh Heck yes..Know what will work to impede a person coming through your front door or area of ownership thats a Must have!!

But setting a BOOBIE for other than making NOISE( trip wire/cans with pebbles) is a knowledge that should only be used in a "WAR"..Because The discipline needed for anything of that nature NEEDS to have eyes on it 24/7 because in a SHTF situation you will still have FRIENDLEYS walking around,not to mention Children..

Yep I have "Ranger'' "SAS" manuals on cd/hard drive/sd cards....on my kindle also..so knowing is ok ..BUT your RESPONSIBLE for what you DO with it..

Edited by 101matt

Matt, ‘knowing’ is not a bad thing. Implementing one’s knowledge, in this instance, is not only illegal but dangerous. I think that the O/P was discussing knowledge and not endorsing implementation.

If someone enters my home uninvited, he/they will run into ‘traps’. Very basic ‘traps’. ‘Traps’ that provide me with a 30 to 60 second advantage that I would not have without the ‘trap’. As you say, they are noise makers. My goal in setting those ‘traps’ is to eliminate the surprise as part of the bad guy’s tools. I am betting that after setting off the first noise maker, the bad guys will turn and run because they know that I know they are there. If they continue, they do so at their own risk because I shall be ready.

In a SHTF scenario, the end is near so I wouldn’t really care if setting a trap was legal or not. When we’re talking survival, the good need every advantage possible. And after a society’s collapse, traps provide the good with an advantage and that includes traps.

This discussion has already been had but I will chime in. I would not set deadly traps as matt as mention due to friendlies. Otherwise you are setting them to wound which can be cruel and long death if not taken care of. Plus in a stressed out hungered thirsty state you yourself could forget about them and hurt yourself...been there. If you want to learn that is great and there are plenty of resources on how to but I don't think this site is the appropriate venue for that kind of material. Jmho.

Friendlies could be saved with a simple sign stating "BOOBY TRAPS NEXT 100 YARDS". It might even keep out the honest thief. OF COURSE I am only speaking of after TEOTWAWKI to actually set any. But now is the time to learn skills we may need then.

However if this is more offensive than the 100 are so threads about what bullet will cut a man in half or witch ax is a real skull splitter then it's fine with me if it's removed, as I said, I've done my research.

Matt, ‘knowing’ is not a bad thing. Implementing one’s knowledge, in this instance, is not only illegal but dangerous. I think that the O/P was discussing knowledge and not endorsing implementation.

If someone enters my home uninvited, he/they will run into ‘traps’. Very basic ‘traps’. ‘Traps’ that provide me with a 30 to 60 second advantage that I would not have without the ‘trap’. As you say, they are noise makers. My goal in setting those ‘traps’ is to eliminate the surprise as part of the bad guy’s tools. I am betting that after setting off the first noise maker, the bad guys will turn and run because they know that I know they are there. If they continue, they do so at their own risk because I shall be ready.

In a SHTF scenario, the end is near so I wouldn’t really care if setting a trap was legal or not. When we’re talking survival, the good need every advantage possible. And after a society’s collapse, traps provide the good with an advantage and that includes traps.

Exocastie said what i was trying to with much better accuracy. There's nothing wrong with knowledge.

Its not the knowledge aspect...I realize the O/P was looking for feedback and more information.

I'm sure quite a few of us can make some rather nasty surprises for people if we were so inclined. I keep thinking back to the idiots who were trying to build things out of the 'Anarchists Cookbook' and couldn't read a circuit. Some of the schematics were drawn in the "activated" mode and they ended up being called lefty or some such.

I just don't want something similar to happen to someone because of something they saw here, I'm not talking about the members, I'm talking about some 14 year old zit faced boy who's bored, sees something, thinks its cool, builds it and ends up hurting a sibling.

That's why I wrote what I did.

Edited by vonBayern

My consern Exactley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I just don't want something similar to happen to someone because of something they saw here, I'm not talking about the members, I'm talking about some 14 year old zit faced boy who's bored, sees something, thinks its cool, builds it and ends up hurting a sibling."

if TSHTF and turns into a complete disaster than your on your own ...

jmo

The Darwin awards come to mind.

LMAO hahaha

And VonB- I understand your concern and can't say that i completely disagree with you, but that honestly seems like more of a parenting issue. which seems to be something our society is lacking more and more these days...

Knowing is OK...I have been trained..

82nd Engineer Combat Battalion...Do I encourage that you study your home defence area.Oh Heck yes..Know what will work to impede a person coming through your front door or area of ownership thats a Must have!!

But setting a BOOBIE for other than making NOISE( trip wire/cans with pebbles) is a knowledge that should only be used in a "WAR"..Because The discipline needed for anything of that nature NEEDS to have eyes on it 24/7 because in a SHTF situation you will still have FRIENDLEYS walking around,not to mention Children..

Yep I have "Ranger'' "SAS" manuals on cd/hard drive/sd cards....on my kindle also..so knowing is ok ..BUT your RESPONSIBLE for what you DO with it..

this..nuff said

Matt, you are obviously much more qualified than I so I have a question for you. Above, vanBayern mentioned the 'Anarchists Cookbook'. Now, I am not going to say that I have read those books, but I hear that some of the information in that book is incorrect. And incorrect information is more dangerous than ignorance because a person suffering from ignorance probably won’t try to build anything stupid. But, after reading and believing the ‘Anarchists Cookbook’, some people might feel that they are skilled enough to make one of those little ‘surprises’. And, if they don’t catch the error in the book, there is a better than average chance that the only thing they are going to blow-off are their fingers. Is this perception true or is my head planted firmly up my backside again?

excoastie..Brother you are correct..

Just reading does not give you the experence you need...

IF every women who reads the "Romance Novels" had a perfect "MAN" well that would prove the POINT "you only need to read about it"........................

I was taught! person to person..a Very LARGE Drill sgt. with a .45 on his hip at Ft.Lost in the woods.Many things must be taught person to person,this is one.Experimenting will cost you more than a finger!!!

Again its of to KNOW something but find out who already KNOWs

I am a lover of sailing and have some experence,I have read tons of material and know the Basic.BUT I would ask a Sea Dog like you before I went on a trip by myself...

JMO..

fine fishing line some mouse traps and 22 blanks HELLO..................

I get 4 mouse traps for a buck and 5o rounds for few dollars reusable and scare the snot out

of anyone who considers a firearm could be in play

posted this in the wrong place this was suppose to be in Pull String Alarms dad gum it.

but it will work here too <};=]

Matt, I don’t need to know! I have a brother. He knows. I know he knows. He has a lot of experience. Real life experience. So, if we ever need a trap, I know who is setting it. However, imagine, if you will, my big brother as your Drill Sergeant standing over me smacking me when I learn too slowly. He’s my big brother because he’s older. I am much larger than he and people fear me and not him. That is a stupid, stupid choice if you know what I mean.

Snake, finally you made a boo boo! Write it down!!;)

I hate those damned birds! I was the commanding officer at a CG base on Johnston Atoll. My island was also a bird sanctuary. We had tens of thousands of those birds. Walking around the atoll was always greeted with flying bird excrement! Life out there was good and would have been outstanding were it not for the birds.