Sign in to follow this  
droptrd

GSX 125 Flashlight - Cheap, Chinese, but Good

Its been a while since I bought this light and Ive come to the conclusion - I like it.

GSX is a Gander Mtn brand i think. The model 125 is a 125 lumen LED flashlight that runs on one AA battery. I picked mine up for $30.

The light is made out of some kind of alloy. Its feel fairly descent. About the same as a coleman or rayovac light for the same price. The light has no tacticle features other than a focusable lens (spot to flood) and a on-off/momentary switch on the back of the light.

the specs claim 1.5hrs of run time on a single AA but im getting 5-6x's that amount.

This light is bright. With the lens focused to flood I can almost cover my entire backyard.

Ive taken this light to work and used it as an edc(though i prefer the smaller microstream by streamlight for edc). Its been banged around and gotten wet and muddy. Holding up just fine. Not like those cheap chinese gas station lights.

I high recommend this light for its high value. Good light for the home or glove compartment. And the batteries wont break the bank. Schwing!