Sign in to follow this  
desert rat

West Nile

"West Nile virus (WNV) is a potentially serious illness. Experts believe WNV is established as a seasonal epidemic in North America that flares up in the summer and continues into the fall. This fact sheet contains important information that can help you recognize and prevent West Nile virus."

Seasonal Epidemic ? Thats a new one on me. i thought they reserved the word 'Epidemic' for something that is pretty much uncontrolable.

Desert Rat yeppers got the yellow out door lights

this is one of the things I tried to warn about if we have severe monetary problems this aerial

spraying would not have been affordable rats and other problems could become a very dangerous.

imagine a wave of rabies locust or some other disease from mosquitoes invasions of roaches snakes feral

dogs hogs bears are being a pest in the east who would have seen that coming apparently no tree hugger did.

rabbits like Australia we never know what is coming but it takes money or steals money from our pockets.

I hope we can avoid a financial disruption.

No sir NV_77

Epidemic means a outbreak in a large area,

Pandemic means worldwide, if I was informed correctly.

Im sure I was, I just asked her. LOL

Funny how West Nile only showed up 13 yrs ago here in the U.S.

Sometimes with all this genetic altering, talk of mutations and all makes me wonder if sometimes this wasn't planted or planned? Who knows, I'm a terrible theorist.

Snake,

As we speak, the locale I'm in has news of multiple rabies cases

being reported. The evening news was full of several more reports this evening.

On top of that, deer are being found deaderNdammit in creeks and streams

around the area. A disease called Black Tongue. A midge or fly bite to the deer

makes the animal thirsty, so it goes to drink and basically dies on the spot.

Yep, 5 have been found in my general area in small streams and branches.

It's hard to miss the smell in the type of heat we've had recently.

Edited by desert rat

I know Dallas is hitting the airborne sprayers pretty hard, where here is the Houston area I am unaware of anything other than our neighborhood sprayer trucks. West Nile, if I am not mistaken, is yet another gift that keeps on giving from the continent of Africa but I do not recall the mechanism for it's arrival, or if we even know for sure.

No sir NV_77

Funny how West Nile only showed up 13 yrs ago here in the U.S.

Sometimes with all this genetic altering, talk of mutations and all makes me wonder if sometimes this wasn't planted or planned? Who knows, I'm a terrible theirorist.

Snake,

As we speak, the locale I'm in has news of multiple rabies cases

being reported. The evening news was full of several more reports this evening.

On top of that, deer are being found deaderNdammit in creeks and streams

around the area. A disease called Black Tongue. A midge or fly bite to the deer

makes the animal thirsty, so it goes to drink and basically dies on the spot.

Yep, 5 have been found in my general area in small streams and branches.

It's hard to miss the smell in the type of heat we've had recently.

well there goes living off the land.

I always had this Idea that Gods hand covered and protected us from harm the years of

not having to worry about these things has past we are slowly being allowed to experience life

without protection. I don't relish the idea.

well there goes living off the land.

I always had this Idea that Gods hand covered and protected us from harm the years of

not having to worry about these things has past we are slowly being allowed to experience life

without protection. I don't relish the idea.

Odd how one thinks living off the land would always be an option, when it isn't. Something like this during hard times or a SHTF scenario would definitly put a damper on things. Not to mention depleting ones stock.

I really though that living off the land would be hard as after the world wars in Europe

many stories of most all the animals being killed almost out of existence then the government

made laws NO HUNTING and in about 10 years the deer were killing the forest eating the bark off

the trees and everything else so a hunting program was started to save the deer and the forest.

I have considered that all the millions scattering from cities would if not scare but also kill much of

the wild game and it would take a few years for the numbers to come back between hunting

would be very hard and slim pickins.

people do not realize that horses were used as meat if they were killed in battle by the locals and

even soldiers many people starved to death in the world wars now of days you think it does not happen

but it does closer and more often than you think.

Ya'll ever read about the siege at Vicksburg during the civil war? Those people ate rats! There were rumors of cannibalism. The city finally fell on July 4th. Not for sure,but I've heard the town still doesn't celebrate it.

Odd how one thinks living off the land would always be an option, when it isn't. Something like this during hard times or a SHTF scenario would definitly put a damper on things. Not to mention depleting ones stock.

THose who can hunt, always have and always will.

Genetically enhanced crops still dont produce enuf. At least not when govt gives it all away to other countries.

Now consider that Post-SHTF there could be roughly 150million people (after a large number die off from whatever) trying to 'live off the land'. Even though this country does still have considerable acreage that is undeveloped, I dont see how that acreage can reliabely support even a few million.