Sign in to follow this  
DC Matt

Walther P22 - Holster and Mag Pouch

Does anyone have a good OWB holster that would fit the Walther P22 (3.4 inch)? I've looked around and can't see anything that I like which is specficially made for the P22. I'm leaning toward leather, mostly for looks (the lady would like it better too) and for durability. I was also thinking about a paddle holster, but dont have experince with those. I'd use the holster while at the range or rambling out in the woods. Lastly, would like the holster to have a pouch for the mags, or at least a seperate pouch I could use.

I like this one a lot, though it wasn't specially made for the P22 (people say it will fit):

Bianchi 59

As always, thanks in advance.

Funny that you posted this. I was on the prowl Saturday for a holster for my P22. One with a mag pouch. I did not find one.

I did find several Kydex holsters made specificaly for it, but I'm looking for a cloth (Uncle Mike's) with a mag pouch above the barrel. I have seen some Mike's like that in the past, and my local had some in stock. Just not the size that fits the P22.

Beware Uncle Mike's! I used to love mine cause it didn't pinch or scratch me. Threw it away Sunday cause my gun plopped out of it, down between my legs and onto the floor ,thank God for thick carpet. The plastic hooks on UM's just aren't strong enough.

The above post was personal experience and opinion only, YMMV, IMHO, WYSIWYG, IIRC...

I'm Hossfly and I approve this message

You might try talking to the manufacturer - I've had good luck with Old El Paso Saddlery.

http://www.epsaddlery.com/

Not the cheapest, not the most expensive but they do decent work at a reasonable price. You can go plain or fancy in leather.

I have not bought anything recently so I can't speak to their current product line but I've not been disappointed in the past.

I surfed over to that site and the first thing popped up is a BEAUTiFUL rig for the six shooter! I see why you like them.

Hey Capt? I seem to remember you saying you carried a P-11. If you don't mind a personal question, and just a quick thread-jacking, which holster do you use for it? I've been looking for a forward canted, IWB for about 4or 5 o'clock position. Thinking about finding some Kydex and experimenting since I haven't found anything that fits just right.

Great site Capt. I love just about all those holsters. Now I need to decide if I go for a paddle or belt version. Been thinking about getting a .357 and if I do, might have to pony up for one of the cowboy belt holster combos.

I surfed over to that site and the first thing popped up is a BEAUTiFUL rig for the six shooter! I see why you like them.

Hey Capt? I seem to remember you saying you carried a P-11. If you don't mind a personal question, and just a quick thread-jacking, which holster do you use for it? I've been looking for a forward canted, IWB for about 4or 5 o'clock position. Thinking about finding some Kydex and experimenting since I haven't found anything that fits just right.

I have a Kydex OWB for the rare occasions I carry the P11 on my hip. It resides almost exclusively in a pocket holster. If I can carry on my hip, the P11 is still in the pocket and the Colt is on the hip in a clip on with mag pocket.

Great site Capt. I love just about all those holsters. Now I need to decide if I go for a paddle or belt version. Been thinking about getting a .357 and if I do, might have to pony up for one of the cowboy belt holster combos.

I have a belt version, OWB, for a .357 and I like it - wears well and is canted forward for strong side carry. I'm seriously considering a paddle as a replacement. I don't like having to remove the belt if I'm going to lay down for a bit only to have to re-insert everything when I get up. A paddle is very convenient in that regard. The paddle allows for car carry in a glove box with a quick donning when appropriate. There are several cases where quick removal (Texas law says not in a bar for example) is necessary. I can don and doff the holster easily with a paddle. Tougher to do with a belt mount.

If you're comfortable with wearing one (I like mine for the Colt) I think the paddle is a great choice. Other environments call for other styles, but where practical, I prefer a paddle.

Just my not so humble opinion.

I've never tried OWB except at the range just to keep the gun on me instead of laying it down on a bench.

Right now I'm fatter than I've ever been and it's hard to hide anything on OWB even with a big loose shirt over it. Working on getting smaller again. Would be easier if the wife didnt cook like Paula Dean!

The P11 is usually in my pocket holster but sometimes it's IWB which I can do pretty well. A new gunshop just opened up just outside the entrance to my neighborhood, within walking distance, and I saw a paddle holster for the P11. I may go try it out this afternoon. Thanks Capt!

Beware Uncle Mike's! I used to love mine cause it didn't pinch or scratch me. Threw it away Sunday cause my gun plopped out of it, down between my legs and onto the floor ,thank God for thick carpet. The plastic hooks on UM's just aren't strong enough.

Plastic hooks? The only plastic on any of my Mike's is the piece on the back where my belt goes through.

I'm not looking to use it for carry anyway. Just to keep the gun from getting all beat up while moving it around or while I have it on the boat. Lotsa Moccasins around here. The only time it would get carried is if SHTF and my wife had to strap it on!

Uh, that didn't sound right! :-O

Thats them! Belt loops. Only the UM holster I had only had a plastic hook the slipped over the belt. It was comfy but just not as secure as I'd like. Capt Bart has me convinced that I need to try an OWB holster for a bit. Need to find one that'll take my .45 Witness! I'd rather carry it AND the P11 (in my pocket)

Ah, Ok. Mine do not have a hook. They have a plastic plate with 2 slits for the belt to slide in and out of...

I think I am going to get one of the Kydex holsters to actually mount to my boat. That way I KNOW where the pistol is. It hasn't slid around in the bottom or put in a different tackel bag or takle bag in a different place in boat...

Not so much worried about 2-legged snakes as I am about no-legged ones on the boat. But things can get pretty hairy when a moccasin is trying to get in the boat. Usually a rod tip or paddle will shoe them away, but occasionally you get one that is really persistant.

But I still need one to store the gun in and carry in case of SHTF. Maybe another Kydex is in order, but I just like the Mike's for how I use them.

Cap’n, that site makes some beautiful holsters. Quality costs money. If you buy a $15 leather holster you are going to get a $15 holster. And I can’t figure out why someone would trust a $15 holster for a $450 tool.

Agree 100% coastie ... and if you DO have a $15 holster for your $450 tool, you may not have that tool when you need it! I've had cheap holsters drop guns (OK, I WAS young and stupid once - a LOOONNNGGGG time ago!) but I've never had a well made holster drop a firearm. That and having it there when and where I need it are the ONLY things that count.

Ditto on the Fobus for the P-22.

I use don Hume JIT holsters for the Kel-Tec P11s, I'm right handed, and I can use same OWB holster for cross draw driving type as well. VERY good retention, easy draw, when mated to a quality belt.