Sign in to follow this  
excoastie

Are your friends sheeple?

I have to ask this question as it is bothering me!

When you point out the condition of our republic and how our rights are being infringed upon, do your friends roll their eyes into the back of their heads and start snoring like perfect morons?

I honor, respect and cherish the Constitution. If you know me you know I probably have a dog-eared pocket copy within arm’s reach. And, when I see issues that violate the tenants of the Constitution, I point it out to people. Yet all my friends continue sleeping and chewing their cud like the good, little sheeple they are! My friends are ignorant and stupid (two very different traits) when it comes to liberty. They sacrifice their liberties for governmentally-defined safety.

If you have friends like mine, God bless you. How do you get them to listen to you or do they just ignore reality as my friends do?

Ex,good question,and that is part of the problem in our society today,no want listens,but if the ignorance is base on lack of knowledge,I will provived that lacking with proof,in the form of books,articles,research.But if that ignorance is base without logic.You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

I try to convert them to the true faith of prepping...so far I've gotten two of em to see the light. The rest I just annoy with facts so I can watch em twitch. And if someday I've stuck em with enough facts they may put the koolaid down and do a reality check.

Ya never know.

Guest kevin

this is one area i'm lucky in....most of our families are at least some what prepped.....and i don't do the friend thing so good on that front too.

I have tried everything I can think of to get my friends interested in their liberties but they don’t want to talk about it. They don’t care if the government practices illegal search and seizure as long as they are not getting too slowed down. They don’t care about freedom. They just don’t care and it pisses me off. So, what can we do to wake up our friends and get them thinking about liberty and the republic… heck, most of my friends think that the USA is a democracy. Idiots!

Ex, people don't see/hear unless it impacts them directly! Heck, if it was easy to get them to wake up, most of us wouldn't have to prep in isolatiom.

Almost makes me laugh...almost.

If most of em were awake...we wouldn't have to prep at all...

Ive tried throwing a bone to start a conversation. If a person doesnt bite, i figure them for sheeple.

Ive confronted those I thought worth an effort. SOme took a bite others didnt.

If someone doesnt bite, well.. you've done your part. You've tried, but dont waste your time.

I have been surprised how many folks in the circle of people I know have taken steps to help prepare themselves in case of bad times. It is being done on a purely individual basis.

I have wondered if it would make sense to try and form a community volunteer program to pool resources for projects requiring a higher level of resources. But I personally am very busy and am reluctant to spend the time on such a project.

Have any of you worked to form a community group? I would be interested in your experiences if you have.

I don't try anymore. For one its frustrating and really the more you try the more you are going to look like a loon. If they are not interested in preparing then that is their choice and problem. Just don't come knocking on my door crying about it.

i guess i lucky, most of my friends neighbors are either retired military or still active duty and being somewhat prepared seems to come with that mindset. New neighbor appears to be well stocked andbeen prepping for a while eventhough he turned down my offer to help him unload notice a lot of class b rats. His opsec appears good but i guess he didnt plan on a noisy neighbor. Anyway if shtf happens i feel confident that a community group would fall into place.

I am always amazed at what I see on a daily basis...

Sheep/ No one is even canning this year..I have one neighbor that "Works at putting food away" we get stared at when we work out side..

The little red hen story comes to mind..

While I have many acquaintances I have very few friends. Friends are people I trust with my back; that doesn't happen easily. They are also people that I would go to almost any length to help. I crossed the Atlantic to help one of my few friends build a cache that would be safe from the government over there.

All of my friends and most of my closer acquaintances are preppers although some don't know that they are prepping. They consider it just being prudent! I consider a man extremely blessed if he has more than half a dozen true friends in his life. I have been more than blessed but folks who will put themselves at risk for you are rare individuals indeed.

Bart - I'm in the same boat. Outside my son and son-in-law (who is deployed) I have but one true friend who I would trust my life to. I could cold call him and ask him to fly to my place and bring $10,000 and he would do it without asking one question. And he knows I'd do the same for him. Few of my best acquaintances are close by.

More importantly to me, my immediate neighbors are not sheeple. Mostly, they are considered "elderly" due to their age but they are healthy and active and I believed prepared simply because of their way of life.

Im also of the many acquaintances and few friends category. Of all the people i have daily contact with, there are only 2 that I trust my life with (outside of the wife and kids of course) and thats my team. We have trained together, deployed together, worked side by side for years. They are of the prepper/survivalist mind frame. My longest friend (my kids godfather) is damn near a conspiracy theorist, paranoid kinda guy. Very much the prepper. My immediate family (mom, stepdad, dad, and siblings) have all hosted other family members during hurricanes and such over the years so are preppers from just past experiences showing them the light. I count myself lucky that those I care most about are at least somewhat prepared for TEOTWAWKI/SHTF/WROL or whatever the case may be.

Guest kevin
While I have many acquaintances I have very few friends. Friends are people I trust with my back; that doesn't happen easily. They are also people that I would go to almost any length to help. I crossed the Atlantic to help one of my few friends build a cache that would be safe from the government over there.

All of my friends and most of my closer acquaintances are preppers although some don't know that they are prepping. They consider it just being prudent! I consider a man extremely blessed if he has more than half a dozen true friends in his life. I have been more than blessed but folks who will put themselves at risk for you are rare individuals indeed.

we look at this the same way capt......the most over used words in the english language are friend and hero......it takes the power from the word, and these two should be powerful. everyone you like is NOT your friend....thinking so will make a sheep out of you.

Guess I need to rephrase my earlier comment. My "close" friends and family are onboard. As for my acquaintances, some are, some seem to be.

As talk of impending preparation looms. I just listen when it's mentioned. I don't join in and offer very little when the subject is brought up. If given the question, what would you do? I generally reply with, I'd make do.

Edited by desert rat

EX good question:but are they cheap in a sheeple way or,in a ignorant way,or just frugal and wise.

Just because someone does not fallow our prepping ways is not enough to call him/her cheap,maybe is plain laziness,and laziness travels so slowly,that poverty soon overtakes him

Maybe their way is to spend in other things,or saved money,frugal maybe,or they have a low opinion of you and your ways.Comming from a old traditional farming family I remember that the sleeping fox catches no chicken,and that if you lost time you will never find it again,I had ,wiith my cousins to get up really early to prep and feed the animals,gather corn, eggs,milk cows,goats,bring water from the river or pumps,and all this before sun up.There will be enough time to sleep in the grave,grandpa used to say.I don`t have much in money nor supplies,but I`m wise,good with my hands,really open to any ideas

that comes my way,and thats the problem with lots of the people now days,specially in our own families,they know everything,and we are the fools.In my own way,I have close the door in a few so call friends,leeches maybe,comimg around for tools,drink a few,bring none,

type of thing,one sob wanted me to reload for him,ask for money,never came back,so EX is very right,sheeply for the wrong reasons,but we most remember that.At the working man`s

home hunger looks in,but darres not enter. in.And like Noah,We have to close the Ark on those non belivers,I`m not religous guys,But God helps those who help themselves,and as a human I will continue to help and teach does who are willing to seat at my table and listen

but I will never deprived my familie of their basic needs for survival,that I can assured you.

This is good topic open for more discutions/opinions,in our daily life we will meet more of this kind of people.God Bless.