Sign in to follow this  
excoastie

Are your friends sheeple?

I've tried with my family and one close friend. It pains me that they aren't more motivated. But, for everyone else...I could care less. It's harsh, but I don't care if people who have belittled me, my faith, and my way of life, have nothing in the end.

I won't give pearls to swine.

I wasn't too concerned with it either until I had a good look at disasters that happen around the world every day. Most people think it will never happen to them or that the govy will take good care of them if things went south. Then when I learned that i'd be dead without water in about 3-4 days it kind of sunk in. One giant solar flare, or disaster strikes and I would have been drinking out of creeks puking my guts out and becoming dehydrated and dying of that. Then, I watched some of the better survival shows to learn more of how to survive and that led me to here.

I must say I am a whole lot better prepared now than ever. As far as others being sheeple, well, that's there problem.

I now focus on helping others that are prepping after meeting a group of men that travel the world as first responders. They save lives, so maybe I can too. If SHTF I have enough water filtration to save most of the sheeples I meet.

I guess im lucky. I have been through enough hurricanes and disasters that most of my friends at least listen about saving up on food and necessities... Some keep thinking and save up a bit of food, but not very much, others have taken to it in ernest. Sme just never will, and will look surprised when i turn them down for the handout they want.

I have to ask this question as it is bothering me!

When you point out the condition of our republic and how our rights are being infringed upon, do your friends roll their eyes into the back of their heads and start snoring like perfect morons?

I honor, respect and cherish the Constitution. If you know me you know I probably have a dog-eared pocket copy within arm’s reach. And, when I see issues that violate the tenants of the Constitution, I point it out to people. Yet all my friends continue sleeping and chewing their cud like the good, little sheeple they are! My friends are ignorant and stupid (two very different traits) when it comes to liberty. They sacrifice their liberties for governmentally-defined safety.

If you have friends like mine, God bless you. How do you get them to listen to you or do they just ignore reality as my friends do?

Excoastie, something I learned a long time ago and I am still guilty of forgetting this is that we are not everyones teacher.

For the dear friends that I love I will extend myself. So far it has alienated me from a couple that were dear to me. A Doctor and his wife. Both extremely cerebal yet incredibly stupid when it comes to survivalism. Okay, I realized I forgot that I am not their teacher. You have to allow people to make their mistakes and learn at their own pace.

On the other hand, another couple that I love dearly are welcoming me to show them and help them get prepped. I will be flying down to the US for a few days to stay with them and that will be our focus. *other than laughing and eating of course*

Extend your hand to the worthy ones in your circle. If rebuffed just try to not let it hurt your feelings.

I've tried with my family and one close friend. It pains me that they aren't more motivated. But, for everyone else...I could care less. It's harsh, but I don't care if people who have belittled me, my faith, and my way of life, have nothing in the end.

I won't give pearls to swine.

Amen to that

I suppose I'm lucky. My friends are almost all Pro-Gun, Constitution Loving, Patriot Preppers lol. Though I think I know how you guys feel with those kind of friends, my mom(whom I live with) is one of those kind of people. Not just the 'Roll The Eyes' type, someone who will argue all night with me if I were to bring up anything to do with prepping and/or guns.

Sheeple fail to realize is that you reap what you soe. When non-preppers/sheeple ask me why i prep, I say it's insurance for hard times, just in case if i need it, it's there. Then i ask them why does one need car/house insurance, it's there when you need it. Yes some get the idea, & some don't. LOL.

Sheeple fail to realize is that you reap what you soe. When non-preppers/sheeple ask me why i prep, I say it's insurance for hard times, just in case if i need it, it's there. Then i ask them why does one need car/house insurance, it's there when you need it. Yes some get the idea, & some don't. LOL.

Insurance....exactly...people buy it on cars, homes, apartments, jewelry, their lives...their health...as a mom you carry back up clothing and baby foods, as a woman you carry back up feminine items..heck as a guy, you might carry back up condoms...WHY ON EARTH WOULDN'T YOU HAVE INSURANCE IN THE FORM OF PREPS AND BACK-UP FOR A DISASTER?????? Makes no sense to me.

The line I've used with family is, I cannot control the storm or its size but I can control the size of my boat and who's in it with me. The sign will be clearly posted: NO SHEEPLE ALLOWED.