Sign in to follow this  
NavyVet_77

WHich Concealed Carry Holster

Im still workin out my prefered method of concealed carry.

My EDC , Maxpedition Fatboy S-type, is with me every day.

My only holster i have is a universal nylon IWB. It doesnt have a snap/latch. so i need something else. Recently ordered a Shoulder Holster.

I carry a MP .45 4" barrel.

Peferences and suggestions please? FYI.. im a lefty

Ive scoured Blackhawk, Uncle Mikes, US Cavalry and others just cant make up my mind i guess.

Id stay away from the shoulder holsters for EDC CCW carry, hell even some training class wont allow em. A IWB that is comfy, with stiff ret., but allows easy pull. I Would suggest a Hybrid holster(look em up), and a CCW class. I use a DSG alpha for OWB in IDPA, IWB as an EDC, and their supose to have a molle attchment out shortly. Not best (try blade tec/comp tac) but good alla-round holster. BUT my main holster is a 10$ IWB pancake retention style cheapo(looks like two pieces of material stuck to clip), that has been great. Half of a good holster set up is a good belt(good leather belts dont make good gun belts) 1 3/4 wilderness Frequent Flyer (most casual riggers belt) belt is what I use, if I adjust it to be there It stays..http://www.thewilderness.com/storepinnacle/index.php?p=home

I like crossbreed holsters as they are all custom made for your dominant hand and type of pistol but will run you about $70 for one http://crossbreedholsters.com/

I also have a maxpedition colossus versipack that is my everyday carry bag that i use when going to work which i like since I can carry my glock 30 and about 5 mags with ease and still carry whatever else I might need for work or whatever

lunchbox is right about shoulder holsters, they are not good for CCW and EDC the main flaw with them is the way you have to draw you wind up sweeping people when pulling it out and there is a greater chance of an innocent getting hit if an ND or premature trigger pull happens. also the time it takes to pull just makes it so much slower than when drawing from the hip which is a natural area are where your hands are anyway. just my .02

Well...I see shoulder rigs have already been covered...:rolleyes: I have to agree with Wardog and Lunchbox.

You also have to keep you coat/jacket on, cant take it off as well. Around here when the weather hits 100+ last thing I want is a jacket.

You can also look at Don Hume holsters or Black Hills Leather. I personally like the cross draw rigs, you may want to take a look at some of them.

Im still workin out my prefered method of concealed carry.

My EDC , Maxpedition Fatboy S-type, is with me every day.

My only holster i have is a universal nylon IWB. It doesnt have a snap/latch. so i need something else. Recently ordered a Shoulder Holster.

I carry a MP .45 4" barrel.

Peferences and suggestions please? FYI.. im a lefty

Ive scoured Blackhawk, Uncle Mikes, US Cavalry and others just cant make up my mind i guess.

http://www.survivalcache.com/forums/showthread.php?633-Remora-holster

still wearing it everyday. very comfortable and affordable. they make lefty and righty. never had the firearm move unless i had my hand on it.