Sign in to follow this  
Guest kevin

best friend for survival?

omg she is soooo cute. is she as worthless as she looks? (worthless is a good and spoiled thing in our family)

i have a very worthless beagle dog. my photobucket account is messed up or i would post a pic of him.

Boy, you hit that nail on the head! ROTFLMAO!

Always wanted a dog. Promise myself that when I retire I will get one.

Lean towards a rescue dog but if I could choose... I love the Mastiffs.

Apparently they have this inner sense and know if the person coming towards you is friendly . If they aren't friendly

they will stand up and push them down and actually hold them down without shredding them.

I wouldnt want the vet bills, food bills or enormous poops to deal with.

I will probably end up with a rescue dog.

problems with small dogs is (and i know im gonna get flak for this) They're stupid. I've never seen a small dog that you can get to STFU when you want it too... which isn't so good if you're hiding/not wanting to be detected. and there's not much they can do to defend you should you need it

I had a toy wienerdog crossed with one of the larger chiwawas(or how ever ya spell it)that was hands down the smartest dog I ever owned-protected my car sterieo pretty well in a mall parking lot too. Blood trail from in front of the sterio accrossed the seat down the side of the car and leading away. That being said ,a black lab rot cross-they're awsom dogs!

I'd go with my blue heeler. She is a pretty darn good cattle dog, 5yrs old and very well trained and obedient. She is also quiet except for when I tell her to "GET" something or a low growl when a vehicle pulls in. She will lie down and stay on command for at least 30 minutes before deciding to go check on me, sometimes for a couple hours on a good day. As Snake said they need to be handled firmly especially when young. A dog bred to get kicked by 1500lb cattle and dive back in can handle a spanking fine. Get a good one trained right and they make a heck of a dog. The voice commands and hand signals she knows could be very useful for herding game into a shooting lane in a SHTF situation also. I've used her successfully as a decoy calling coyotes a few times, but I have to be careful to make sure shots will be out a ways in the set-up. If one comes barrelling in at 30yds she decides to protect me and runs it over the next hill.

My bumper sticker reads "NEVER MIND THE DOG-BEWARE OF OWNER" I've got 4 dogs right now including a 95lb lab/sharpai mix, their job isn't to defend my house,it's to let me know it needs defended!

probably my lab...........as stubborn as she is she will carry a peach to you without teeth marks....................plus, i could eat her later..............................oh sorry, you said no eating............dooohh