Sign in to follow this  
Partsman

What shaped the USA?

If you enjoy history then I highly recommend that you grab a book by Larry Schweikart.

7 Events That Made America America and proved that the founding fathers were right all along

I found it to be a great read and would say that I discovered something I suspected but did not quite understand. Hope you take the time to check it out.

Edited by Partsman

give us a overview please.

Martin Van Buren's Consolidation of the first national political party and expansion of the government made it possible for Barack Obama to get elected almost two centuries later.

Dwight Eisenhower's heart attack led to a war on red meat, during which the government took control over Americans' diets.

The rock'n'roll craze (often mistakenly claimed as a liberal phenomenon) helped bring about the decline of communism and the fall of the Soviet Union.

The purpose of the media verse it's role in America.

wow now ya got me interested too. is the whole book like that, a sort of "cause and effect" type thing?

Yea Rick.....very much so. Also gives instances of everyday citizens & business men stepping up in times of crisis. It's one of those books that you likely will want to read a section at a time and then just think on it before moving on. It is not light reading from the standpoint of the issues raised.