Sign in to follow this  
wally

The right to own Assult Rifles

Guest kevin

full auto is like a indy car in rush hour traffic .........looks like a lot of fun .....but not much use.

shot placement will always be far more important than rate of fire if you cant hit me with the thirty rounds of ammo you just emptied from your clip than you might as well trade your gun for baseball bat

Actually if you didn't hit me with those 30 rounds you just shot,you HAVE just turned your rifle into a club! Shot placement counts! It counted yesterday and will count tomorrow too! But having 30+ rounds between reloads is not to be sneezed at. I hate what the political nut jobs in my state do every day!(Crappyfornia). I also have the misfortune to live I San Francisco, where the chief of police only issues CCWs to politicos security teams not private citizens.

I tend to get POed when I hear someone us the term "assault" weapon. I've asked quite few anti-2A types to describe what an assault weapon is. I often then get the phrase "black rifle" thrown at me. Alright, what's that? To help them I'll show a photo of My Safir T-14 (AR style .410) next to my Mossberg 500. Of course they always point to the Safir. Why? "High capacity". I then point out the Mossberg holds 6 rounds and the Safir holds 5 with the mag shown in that photo. It leaves them a bit confused.

I try to educate as much as possible.

As for buying stamps. I don't like that idea either. My son-in-law applied/bought two this year for suppressed weapons. He just likes them and that's fine. I, however, much prefer to have my info in as few hands as possible.

I've shot a couple of full auto rifles and didn't care for them. Well, I LOVE all firearms but the expense and paperwork concerns me. I agree that the prospect is expensive and without a lot of training (read expended ammo) I seriously doubt the average Joe (or Jane) could hit the broad side of a barn with one. I know I couldn't.

I tend to get POed when I hear someone us the term "assault" weapon. I've asked quite few anti-2A types to describe what an assault weapon is. I often then get the phrase "black rifle" thrown at me. Alright, what's that? To help them I'll show a photo of My Safir T-14 (AR style .410) next to my Mossberg 500. Of course they always point to the Safir. Why? "High capacity". I then point out the Mossberg holds 6 rounds and the Safir holds 5 with the mag shown in that photo. It leaves them a bit confused.

I try to educate as much as possible.

As for buying stamps. I don't like that idea either. My son-in-law applied/bought two this year for suppressed weapons. He just likes them and that's fine. I, however, much prefer to have my info in as few hands as possible.

I've shot a couple of full auto rifles and didn't care for them. Well, I LOVE all firearms but the expense and paperwork concerns me. I agree that the prospect is expensive and without a lot of training (read expended ammo) I seriously doubt the average Joe (or Jane) could hit the broad side of a barn with one. I know I couldn't.

Seanpfl,

Welcome to the threads, sir. Firing full auto, especially belt fed, is a HOOT and a half but lacking a military mission, it is a real waste. I have ranted against the military's decision to replace riflemen with bullet sprayers in other places so I won't do so again. Most man portable weapons can be fired semi-auto about as fast as they can be fired full auto. Your finger gets tired but if it's rate of fire your looking for, semi-auto gets the job done.

The phrase 'assault rifle' has come to mean 'evil looking'; how dumb is it that an AR pattern is an 'assault rifle' while a Ruger Mini-14 is not? Exactly the same capability except not black! The original concept of the assault rifle came from the Germans with their 'storm' weapons. Cartridge smaller than a battle rifle for control-ability and larger than a pistol for stopping power. The AK-47 is another excellent example. The problem is that the warm, fuzzy, feel good types have substituted appearance for capability. (not just in weapons but that is a different topic) An AR-10 is an 'assault rifle' and an M14 is not! again, how dumb is that?

I just fall back on my right to own military grade weapons as guaranteed by the 2nd. Any constitutional scholar (with the exception of the clown currently in the white house) will tell you that is why it is there.

Just my not so humble opinion.

Capt Bart LOL your so politically incorrect BUT IMHO absolutely correct as usual.

As i recall in there day a lever action rifle was an assault rifle high capacity fast reloading compared to a

black powder rifle or a single shot trap door or a double barrel shot gun.

a revolver was a great advantage over a single shot pistol then came the metallic cartridge then semi auto

pistols with stripper clips then magazines and drums YES DRUMS look at

luger's snail drum

rifles needed more fire power so came belt fed and then high capacity drums {actually they all were about the same time IE vickers and tater diggers numerous other designs} I am not doing a history lesson just an example.

each new feature that gave a distinct advantage would be considered today an assault weapon today

{if painted black}

If your ever in Belgium go to the FN museum make time it takes about 3 days

it is the Disney land for firearm enthusiasts as far as I know they have one of every mass produced weapon and all it's alterations or more and some one of a kind.

I saw a man fire a single action faster and more accurately than a 45 auto so if they had been opponents

the man with the 45 auto would have died, so is the colt single action a assault weapon?

well IMO it will be if the anti's get what they want they will try to make an argument to take the others.

after all they can't protect themselves with their man purse or hide behind their children.

Edited by juzcallmesnake

Thank you Capt. Bart for the warm welcome! I'm having a blast catching up on my reading here as time permits. Lots to learn, don't know if I have anything useful to contribute except maybe my opinions and those are occasionally harsh. LOL

Yep, perception is the key I think. "Evil looking", "black" and "assault" are all words utilized by the antis to further their agenda and scare the uneducated over to their side.

I try to educate the dumb masses.

As example I give you a photo of my 6 year old grand daughter with her first "black", "evil looking" "assault" weapon. B) (and yes, safety glasses removed for photo). Ruger 10-22

Juzcallmesnake: I'm training as fast as I can so that someday when I'm old and feeble I really can "hide behind my (grand) children". :) LOL

post-2615-13851498198915_thumb.jpg

Edited by Seanpfl

I'll have to pull it off the other PC Hoss. I can guarantee you, give her a couple of belts to get the feel of it and she would hold her own. And look really cute doing it!.

On a similar note: Can you think of anything scarier that a scorned woman with access to twin .50s? Just looking at that photo sends chills up my spine. That one was taken at the waist position. Got a better one that you've never seen with her in the nose bubble over Pensacola Beach at 800 AGL. There is 200 pleasure boaters and sun bathers around here that don't know how lucky they are that the Liberty Belle's armament is deactivated.

I Agree with you 100 % :)

I think its more that those in power don't like you having the same capacity magazines or larger than they have.

Suppressive fire is more effective if the other guy has to stop and reload more times than you do...among other things.

I served under our flag in one capacity or another for a little over 24 years...and I was placed on a homeland security watch list because I'm a vet...WTF?

Now mind, I doubt that they are interested in me, I'm just not that important and probably don't have the MOS skill sets that are concerned about. But to put the people who were willing to <and in some cases did> put their lives on the line for this country and its policys on what I consider a 'potential enemy list' is bullshit.

I'm at the point where I trust the government as much as the Indians did/do.

Why are the flags at half mast for a theater full of people but not for a dead border patrol agent? Because the dead border patrol agent makes them look like the lying lawless bastards they are, while the theater can get them votes?

I do feel for the dead and wounded as well as their familys...but I feel that the border patrol agents family deserves answers too instead of being stonewalled by the AGs office and Obummer.

It's OK Hoss, it's Friday, we brushed against a hurricane and the wives have been on a roll. I'm banging on 7 out of 8 cylinders tonight myself and I have an early day tomorrow trying to keep up with my dad. They need to quit calling them Pacemakers and say what they really are: Turbochargers.

F&F: Fast and Furious. You know the little event that got so many folks killed including a BP agent just to save you and I from ourselves. The plan that hopefully backfired enough to see a certain group of folks entertaining Bubba on those hot, lonely prison nights.

Just to mess with a anti 2A type show them a mossberg 500 and an AR-15 and then asks them which can fire more bullets with one pull of the trigger. They will always get it wrong, and hence their confusion. (#2 buck round [.22 caliber shot]equals one 30 round AR mag). My stock Mossy could hold 5+1 which would be the equivent of 180 "assault weapon" rounds. Then they get to explain how it isn't the same. Big fun!

I choose NOT to waste my time with those who do not support ALL of the Constitution, and in particular, the Second Amendment. They cannot in my personal experience ever be "educated" enough to change their warped perspectives from years of academia, "teaching" them that they are somehow morally superior to those who cling to their "guns, and religion". I do have my Masters in Criminology from the University of Chicago, yet, I never cease to be amazed at those simpletons who seem to "think" that anyone who is not ideologically in lock-step with "them" is somehow one of society's untouchables.

During the Los Angeles Rot-Knee Kinf Riots, I had literally three dozen different politically left attorneys, call me personally and demand that I bring them a firearm so they could either "go home safely", protect themselves or their loved ones from the rioters". In each case I gently pointed out that their friends in the political Left made it impossible for good decent people to purchase a firearm without FIRST waiting for a minimum of ten days, and, that my loaning them one of my firearms, would make ME an instant felon. I declined all demands of course, only one of those attorneys saw the light and became a convert. She purchased herself her own AR-15, (pre-bullet button days) and several handguns as soon as the "emergency" was over. I do think that many times, we waste effort and our patience in dealing with the so-called "intellectual elites" who have never faced anything more threatening in their lives than a car payment. Let them experience the hard cold brutal facts of life, THEN, we can discuss their new found outlook.