Sign in to follow this  
Guest kevin

Urine for a good garden

Guest kevin

ever wonder why those flowers your wife planted closest to the porch die when you pee on them?

it's because your over fertilizing them....urine is an awesome fertilizer.

if things get truly rough as in teotwawki store bought fertilizer isn't going to be easy to come by....and the compost pile isn't going to get nearly as much "scrapes" as it is now(you better eat those potato peals) so a additional boost will be needed.

the toilet won't be an option, so more than likely we will all be going to the outhouse again. if you think ahead and have a 2 seater you can place a bucket below the "pee only" hole and dump that bucket over the compost....a few days in the hot sun and you'll have a high nitrogen soil builder that should be safe to use in the garden.

Guest kevin

hey snake......post that link for all the uses urine has....i can't find it again.

Guest kevin

here's one....not as good with the how-to but interesting

Eight Brilliant Uses for Urine | PurpleSlinky

purpleslinky.com › Trivia › Science

All i know is.. if you are swimming in the tropics and you step on a sea urchin and the spine goes in your foot.. URINE is amazing for taking the mind numbing gut wrenching star seeing pain away :)

Translation - Pee on your foot if you step on a sea u rchin

Point of fact - your urine is sterile to YOUR body! It is in general mostly sterile to anyone's body but some bugs can be a problem. The moral is, if someone is hurt and needs a wound cleaned out, their urine is better than water from that stream. Actually, YOUR urine is better than that water from the stream! Boiled water is good, but if you don't have sterile water ...... One thing my army 'survival medicine' instructors made a point of was to tell us to use the injured guy's canteen cup! :P

Point of fact - your urine is sterile to YOUR body! It is in general mostly sterile to anyone's body but some bugs can be a problem. The moral is, if someone is hurt and needs a wound cleaned out, their urine is better than water from that stream. Actually, YOUR urine is better than that water from the stream! Boiled water is good, but if you don't have sterile water ...... One thing my army 'survival medicine' instructors made a point of was to tell us to use the injured guy's canteen cup! :P

Hmmm Interesting but here is what I am wondering.

I am watching this series on netflix made by a former navy seal on how to survive all sorts of disasters. The one I am watching right now is how to survive at sea. TWO things he was adamant about is that you DO NOT drink Seawater and you DO NOT drink your urine. Why would he say not to drink your urine if its sterile to your body and you are dying of thirst?

The use of urine can only be short term because the continued recycling magnified the amounts of bodily waste products in it. Wound cleaning or washing poison or other contaminates out of the eyes are safe uses, but are generally considered last or only resort methods.