Sign in to follow this  
Danm

Ugly thoughts and questions you need to considder...

Ok, I’m going to talk about some ugly stuff here so those that feel that political correctness and other people’s self-esteem are of utmost importance might be better served to pass on this topic.

In our current society we are pressed into believing that “All men are created equal” means that all people are the same and that everyone’s opinion is worth listening to. We are led to believe that the most important part of raising a kid is to inflate their self-esteem and to carefully NOT injure their fragile little egos.

If our culture collapses the survivors will have to shed this insane bull-poop or NOT survive. The value of an ignorant, lazy self-important fool is NOT the same as that of a well informed, hard working intelligent and cooperative person. Real quick the bums are going to have to change their ways or be weeded out of your group or you won’t make it.

I think most of you have little problem with agreeing with most of this. Now for a little of the ugly…What do you do when this ignorant, lazy, narcissistic ass is your precious child???? From age 2 through age 30 they have been told how important they are and many are sadly lazy as hell. You love them nonetheless. Sadly when you are trying to survive they can’t be the center of the worlds attention or they will get you ALL killed.

I remember going hunting with a man and his young son years ago that exemplify this problem. The kid was about 11 and in my not so humble opinion, in bad need of a belt being applied to his sitter. But alas his mother would have none of this and so he was coddled and when he was an ass he was talked to and MAYBE required to sit and watch TV as a “time out.”

I let him and his Dad use my stand because it was big enough for two and my other one was a simple ladder stand good only for one. I was about 50 yards behind them looking the other way down a right of way.

The kid wouldn’t shut up for ANYTHING!!! I could hear them where I was and so knew that I was cold and my butt was wearing a hole in the plank I was sitting on for nothing. One, deaf I’m sure, small doe stepped out about a hundred yards from them and the kid screamed, “Daddy LOOK, a DEER!!!” Naturally it was gone in a flash.

Then the whining started…he was cold, he was bored, he was hungry, he was thirsty, he needed to pee, on and on, while his Dad begged him to be quiet!!! Finally I put them out of their misery and yell over to them that I thought we had about used up this morning and I was ready to go find a warm place.

Can you imaging trying to hide from bad guys with that little monster. You would tell him to be quiet and he would ask, in a loud voice, “WHY”. You would tell him to shut UP…he would start whining…you and yours would die.

What are you going to do???? If you do what you KNOW you need to do is your spouse going to throw a walleyed fit and make the matter even worse? What if this shit is coming out of your 20 year old kid? What if it is your little brother…

We live in a culture that tried to not allow us to discipline our kids. Without discipline there can be no SELF-discipline. When my Dad told me to be quiet it tried hard to be quiet. I did this because the alternative was immediate and painful and I learned self-discipline to avoid HIS discipline!!!

MAN, you are in a mind bending situation and trying to jeep your family alive and all the kid can do is fight you!! It will be UGLY!! You are going to have to get their attention FAST and make a serious impression on them or you’re doomed!!! Think about it ahead of time and try to make sure that all the true adults in your group are on the same page…

Next ugly scenario. Ignorant, lazy empowered adult family members! In a survival situation there HAS to be a boss. You can NOT make every decision after a long discussion and debate!!! In my family I will be the boss. This is NOT because I have a penis as I’m sure my daughters will say; it is because I am the biggest, strongest, meanest and best trained!!!

I happen to know a family intimately that will be led by the wife. I love her to pieces, she is TOUGH. She isn’t as well trained as I would like but she is able to make good decisions and tough decisions and will learn. Her kids push the Dad around but when Mom steps in all you hear is yes ma’am!

Whoever it is they will HAVE to establish immediately that when they say something while in the field it MUST be done THEN!! If you hiss, “Get down!!!” You do not want to hear “Why?? I don’t want to get dirty. EEEwww it’s muddy!” You need to hear the sound of bodies hitting the ground!!

The leader doesn’t HAVE to be the biggest or meanest…what they need is the willing cooperation of the meanest. The Sergeant at arms will SEE to it that the orders are carried out.

You need to understand NOW that, “I am woman hear me roar”, doesn’t work when it is coming from someone that doesn’t have the knowledge and force of will to back it up. I am the MAN is even MORE meaningless!! Survival has no respect for false claims or ego based assumptions. The leader needs to LEAD! The followers need to follow and any break down of this system needs to be dealt with immediately and in a way that makes sure that it doesn’t have to be repeated.

I will tell you now that I have a friend that I will probably take in for the sake of his kids and wife. That said I am pretty sure that I’ll have to beat the hell out of him to get his attention. He is one of those men that assumes that just because he SEEs himself as a macho man…the fact is he is mostly an ignorant blabber mouth. He’s fun to be around in normal situations but in a survival situation he would be a liability until he changed his ways…If he won’t change his ways he will have an accident…

You need to start thinking NOW about what part of your civilized moralities you can survive with and what you will have to modify or abandon. Then you need to decide if you can live with this decision if it comes down to it.

I don’t have any answers for YOU here. I have MY answers but they are only worthwhile for me. The big thing you need to do is think about it and then based on your decisions act on them in a realistic manner. If you don’t have the heart to MAKE your kids, spouce, other family members do their share and follow REAL rules without endless questioning then you might be better served just enjoying youe life and hoping that nothing bad ever happens. Prepping or preparing to survive includes the decision TOO survive and a willingness to do what is necessary.

Without that decision you are like a silly lady friend of my wife’s. She lives alone and is afraid so she wanted to know what kind of gun I recommended. She has never touched a gun and is scared to death of them BUT wants the security she sees that a gun in the house offers.

After a lot of talk I led her to a single shot 20 ga shotgun. I honestly don’t think she could even operate a pump! I offered to let her try one of mine but she was too afraid of them to do it. She bought a little break action shotgun. I don’t think she even bought shells for it! She doesn’t want to shoot it. My wife finally did get her to take one of my shells home so she COULD load it maybe…WHAT WAS THE POINT??? She would be better served to just hide and hope! She hasn’t yet decided to survive…she won’t. Will you???? Think about what that survival is going to cost you.

Edited by Danm

Yup. Don't get me wrong here because I really don't have any need for theories of evolution but the guy might have been on to something with the whole survival of the fittest thing. When the big reset button is pushed these folks won't stand a chance.

Yep when the rest button is pressed there will be a quick accounting of your skills and training. I just read some trash from this guy who by his own report is a survival guru. He is trying to tell people the you can make the fluids from radiators and washer fluid into drinking water by boiling it. Warning this is pure BS.

yes the youth of today is spoiled. They are hooked on instant gratification. They dont know how to wait or be still. But who trained them? technology hasn't helped either.

Survival Mom addressed at least part of this issue by doing drills on a frequent issue.

Ultimately it comes down to long-standing habits. If everybody is spoiled and self-centered, they're not going to change, they'll get worse.

That's why I'm a great believer in tough love.

Danm,

The woman you mentioned: See if you can talk her into taking a class by a certified instructor. While I personally love shotguns, especially for home defense, that may be too much for her to begin with. Maybe just a little .22, where she doesn't have to worry about recoil.

I've mentioned in other threads that unfortunately women have been conditioned culturally and socially that they are helpless.

Complete and utter bunk, but belief systems can be very tough to overcome.

Interesting thread Dan, you make some excellent points.

I will just add that in my experience a lot of "poor attitude" over-inflated self-importance, spoiled-rottoness, politically correct righteousness, sense of entitlement, baseless shoulder chips, and the like, no matter how deep are often self-correcting with what I would call the "reality bitch slap" or RBS.

The RBS is a sudden traumatic shock/upset to the recipients core sensibilities of self and society and it is capable of snapping them into battle-mode/action/autonomy or complacency and willingness to follow the obvious leaders, etc. sometimes right away and other times as a longer-term but lasting effect.....

The RBS fundamentally shifts the recipient into survival mode, a more primitive state of consciousness. The most whiny, spoiled pollyanna is hard-wired with this same response to the RBS.....all of us are. Sure, some will curl up into a ball and cry, but I would venture to guess this is the exception and not the rule.

I've seen it take rapid effect many times where a frightened wimp type for example trying to talk his way out of a fight takes a sudden punch in the face from a bully and his world suddenly changes.....then he comes out swinging! A normally quiet mommy turning into a superhero when her children are threatened. For people who've experienced combat or worked as paramedics, etc. they all have had their RBS at one point or another and the even most cavalier usually fall in line behind the "vets" or those who know what they are doing..... after changing their shorts that is....

So in summary, during a SHTF I agree there will be incorrigible basket cases but the vast majority will understand they will need to contribute however they can or die.

Personally, I'm MUCH more concerned about all the potential "roosters" and not so much the "hens".....

There is an old saying that a soldier does what he is told and a warrior does what he wants......we are what we are, and I know what I am.....

Wolfe

Edited by Dangerwolfe

I am flexible it is all about what is at stake as to what I need to do, I have no rules to speak of if pushed

if not I have all the rules a civil society dictates I can be patient when I need to.

I am not interested in being king of anyone or anything nor answering to anyone I do it little enough now

why change a good thing.

Danm, you make good points. So does Dangerwolfe.

I have to say, coming from a huge family, I've been forced to be around a fair number of whiny, self-important children whose parents don't seem to be doing them any favors by catering to their every whim. And Dangerwolfe's RBS is something that has worked (obviously on a smaller-than-SHTF scale)... and it works on both the parents and the kids.

For example, my aunt and uncle (stupidly) decided that "telling a child 'no' limits their self-esteem" so my aunt in particular never put down ANY rules for their kid. As a baby, this is somewhat okay - what can they do? And a toddler in a child-proofed house is fairly safe. But when he hit elementary school age and ran out of the front door and into the street, my aunt finally put her foot down - but it took danger to force her to do it. She was amazed that my cousin actually responded and didn't seem in the least traumatized. She and my uncle became better parents and my cousin is fairly well-adjusted today. He was the most obnoxious child when we'd have family gatherings UNLESS you got him away from his parents, and then he was always capable of fitting in with the group. It would sometimes take a reminder ("you do that again, I take the toy away") but again, it points to the adaptability of kids in overcoming their parents' bad child-rearing techniques.

Another cousin's kids were prone to acting out ALL THE TIME. That really was the only way my cousin paid much attention to them, and it was all empty threats of time-outs and whatnot, never anything positive or anything she'd actually act on. When she was moving, I offered to take her kids for the actual moving day, so they wouldn't be underfoot. Everyone warned me that they were too much to handle, but it's amazing how effective it is when children learn that you will actually follow through on threats. I took them to McDonald's and, after eating, they went to the playground. One of the kids was playing too rough with the other children on the playground, so I told him if he kept it up, we'd leave. He did, so I gathered up our stuff, took him by the hand, and out the door we went. We had planned to go see a movie, but he started whining about wanting to go back to the playground. I told him he had two options: be someone I want to be around, or go spend the rest of the day helping his mom move while his sister and I went to the movies alone. He knew I would follow through, and suddenly became the polite young fellow I always knew he could be.

Anyway, I guess my point is that it's true that some people will not survive TEOTWAWKI simply based on their attitude. But I suspect - or perhaps just fervently hope - that quite a few will wake up to the new reality and quickly learn to behave accordingly.

Today's pampered, obnoxious kid whining about hunting may be inspired to quietness if he knows that the deer he and his dad bring down is what stands between him and real hunger. And if people are pulled into more clan-like situations, there will be some who adjust simply for social reasons - their family may allow kids to act like helpless brats, but helpless brats don't tend to make many friends, and in fact get picked on and ostracized by their peers, so being around other kids who can actually function in a post-SHTF world may be the kick in the pants they need to stop bellyaching and start being useful.

Edited by oregonchick
formatting

as to the scenario, ive seen some of the worst kids here in this area where i live. criminality is cool, being sent to jail is about the coolest thing that can happen to a kid. they all want to live like outlaws. and parents reinforce it...rural nc. these brats don't get discipline because as one kid di, called the cops on his parents because he knew hed get the belt for screwing up in school .. parents were both arrested and put in jail..the kid laughed his ass off at them...until he was put in the juvey facility with the other little criminals..so i guess kids nowadays are a product of lax morals, hippy ideas and no love of country, god or anyone else..its all obama's fault..

Guest kevin

at least once a week someone will make a comment on how well my son behaves or how respectful he is. when we are asked what our secret is by parents of his little hellion class mates we respond "hug him when he does well, whip him when he doesn't." they almost always say "we don't believe in spankings". i have to bite my tongue not to retort "that's why even you don't like your kid." what they don't understand is kids LOVE structure. it makes them feel secure and protected to know there is someone in charge who's punishment is fair and just. another thing they don't get is that i very rarely need to use the "rod" to keep him on the straight and narrow. he knows it IS an option and that's usually enough. to many want to be their childs friend and not enough are willing to do the hard work of being a dad.....lazy if you ask me.

the cure for A.D.D. is B.E.L.T.

Edited by kevin

at least once a week someone will make a comment on how well my son behaves or how respectful he is. when we are asked what our secret is by parents of his little hellion class mates we respond "hug him when he does well, whip him when he doesn't." they almost always say "we don't believe in spankings". i have to bite my tongue not to retort "that's why even you don't like your kid." what they don't understand is kids LOVE structure. it makes them feel secure and protected to know there is someone in charge who's punishment is fair and just. another thing they don't get is that i very rarely need to use the "rod" to keep him on the straight and narrow. he knows it IS an option and that's usually enough. to many want to be their childs friend and not enough are willing to do the hard work of being a dad.....lazy if you ask me.

the cure for A.D.D. is B.E.L.T.

Huh, I always thought the cure was B.O.O.T. (at least thats what my dad used lol)

kevin as I 90% agree

there are real cases of A.D.D but it is an over worn over used diagnosis

our society is being too controlling on kids as when we were young if we blew something up we had to pay for it

and we got the B.E.L.T. children make mistakes it is how parents use them as a training aid.

you don't always need to spank in fact if you keep it changed up it keeps them off balance as to how you will

handle it but violence should never be off the table nor should a straight forward talk an make them repay.

and even go to the injured party and apologize but in our sue crazy world people are too self centered

hence the child never learns they are responsible to themselves and others.

spanking is not beating it is meant to be on the buttocks with a 2 inch belt the width so not to tear skin

the belt to absorb the power wood is to unyielding should a child hand get in the way a severe injury can result

it should suit the problem, don't go overboard you need to be calm and state plainly why and how many licks

not more than 5 back talk add one until they understand to accept consequences because there are always consequences ask any cop or swat team member.

you cannot just spank or punish you have to spend time teaching them going to sports scouts fishing and soon 18 months is not to soon for outdoor of activities even sooner like

swimming,

later cooking backpacking mechanics computers reading writing Ernest Hemingway was not a lamer.

camping taking pictures recognition of stars how to track and many others playing cards yard games for dexterity like horse shoes darts hunting is for children of an age they can understand and respect life

me and my son raised a duck a dog and cat even a parakeet they need to know he joy and hurt of life and death

I don't think people should be a good looser but gracious they need to understand their age a size in relation on how the treat younger or weaker children and to be cautious but respectful of their elders.

So much for them to learn and so little time

and understand not everyone is the same and it is not their place to punish but only to defend themselves.

yea it is tough and everyday can be a challenge but you cannot live through your children your dreams

but you can find or see what they are good at and give support at those things but it is good for all children

no matter if they are male or female to try all they can baseball dancing we had folk dancing played instruments

and had all kinds of activities during the summer.

A child's mind is a fertile place and activities are the cornerstone of learning physical balance experience some pain some victory and some loss respect rules honesty and other skills

that will serve them throughout life they need to know that the world is theirs and they can excel and they need

to understand endurance perseverance do not let them quit for the wrong reasons.

the younger you have control the more chance you can guide them

and small children only use a light flyswatter on the thigh it may sound cruel to some but the sooner they understand reciprocity the sooner you will

have some control a good time out without any toys or no treats if they hit you hit them in kind {use common sense just enough to make it uncomfortable but not painful unless they force it and they will then apply more force until

they get that there are always someone who can enforce their will on them

children need to learn to be humble later life will teach them they cannot give in but that is for more advanced children.

the most important every day not always in words and even if your not pleased

with them they need to know you care and love them a hug a rub on the head a grin little things because it is those little things they will remember.

and some times you need to be blunt and tell them you love them but they are acting in an unacceptable manner and if they keep it up they might get the snot slapped out of them and leave it as their choice.

and your the parent not a door mat or a taxi driver or a slot machine that spits free money a bit of bribery is not out of place but it needs to be rare

more they need to earn and save to get certain things so they can respect

property theirs and others.

for young people raising children just need to love them first and everything

else I have said will find it's place children do not know or understand weather

they are yours or not and do not care they want to be loved and to love

it is part of our genetics they do not need to be exposed to adult language

or arguments of grownups or hate there is time enough for that way later.

Edited by juzcallmesnake

When I was a little girl, I spent summers in Upstate New York at my grandparents' home. There was no electricity and therefore, no TV. And, even if there were electricity, we would not have watched TV.

I spent my summers lashing twigs together with water plants to make crosses to put on the little pet graves my grandparents' have. I read books. I imagined little worlds of rocks with my sister along the lake. This is all imagination. And imagination takes people - kids - outside of themselves and focuses their attention on a problem, a skill set, or a specific task like building a fort to escape the pirates, etc.

TV robs kids of this.

My husband and I have put our children on a strict no TV policy. Our son is 26 months, and we are just now starting to let him watch a few DVDs of kid-friendly Jay Jay the Jet Plane stories. We don't let our daughter (5 months) even see a screen.

This sounds pretty rigid and it is. It has made parenting a bit more challenging since there is no boob tube babysiter to help us out when we have a ton to do ad need them to zone out so we can get stuff done.

But, it has worked. Our son wants to read books. He craves books. And, he craves imaginative play.

I think when learning becomes active, instead of passive (as with TV) people are better at communication, inter personal skills and all that would be helpful in a SHTF scenario. Obviously a lot more has to be learned and taught, but I think a solid argument can be made that TV does more harm than good.

Also, I have told my husband that if we have to live with his parents and his brother and our sister-in-law that I think the husbands in each family should listen to their wives and then go to the "husband council" alone to determine any important outcomes.

I do trust my husnad to listen to me and to speak up as needed. But I always see benefits in limiting the "dumb-dumb," whiny issues that some other people in my family would have.

Another thing we face is that we are Christians and we are called to share with our neighbor. I know who my neighbor is, but I'm curious, are there any other Believers here who wrestle with this? How much would you "donate" or just hand away to help your neighbor who had done nothing to prepare on his/her own? I cannot see us slamming a door in someone's face, but we would also have to be sure to consider our own family's needs probably ahead of their's. Anyway, curious for thoughts...

Guest kevin

yes i did generalize on my rant snake.....and i think you 90% estimate was spot on....i feel for the 10% of families who have to deal with the real thing.

as far as the other goes a whipping is not a beating. abusive parents rank way up on my list of scum.

At 58 years young,I have seen most of what was just said..

My Father/6ft 2inch brought up on the farm Behind mules..he was 49 when he had me..In church i would distract him at times,''son thats enough'' would be said to me.Second time OFF to the mens room..OUCH..

Daughters!!

"sweets do you think Thats Enough?"..Yes dad....and I carryed them everywhere..held them close..

I miss my Father but Im sure he is proud of his Granddaughters..

All in all its about RESPECT...If your Child does not respect you,they are LOST..If others dont Respect you ..cut them LOOSE..

They actually have a name now for obnoxious rude kids that won't mind. An acquaintance told me with a perfectly straight face that after her son was expelled from school for cussing out and threatening his teacher she had taken him to a psychologist/psychiatrist. Now she wants the school to provide special help for her son because he has a problem and can't help acting out. Basically she wants the school to pay for him to have home bound tutoring. He has AARS!!! Adult Authority Rejection Syndrome!!! He is 11 and has never been spanked, yelled at or punished in any way because she fears it will permanently traumatize his little ego.

What is saddest is that I KNOW where this leads to. My wife just retired after 25 years working for the Texas Prison System. Her last 8 were working on the unit that houses Death Row. Nearly ALL of those guys suffered from Authority Rejection Syndrome. We treat the kids like they are made out of fine crystal then on their 18th birthday they are locked up...if they make it that long. Personally I think that is more traumatizing than a few whippings so they understand that there ARE repercussions for bad actions.

TEOTWAWKI may be all that saves us from extinction! Sadly the chances of these kids changing if things go BAD is almost nil. I know that when they land in prison you would THINK that that would make them wake up and change but in general the opposite is true more often than not. Most that end up in prison make several trips before they wise up IF they ever do. After a TEOTWAWKI event there won't be any second chances. You mess up...you die! Maybe that is what we need to get back on track in the US.

At the rate we are going it isn't going to be long before we won't be able to defend ourselves and when that day comes SOMEONE is going to want what we have bad enough to come and get it. As we export all of our manufacturing jobs to other countries we are killing our ability to make war effectively. We won WW2 in part because we could rapidly convert our civilian industries to war production. If we had to build the factories from the ground up the war would have been over in Europe and in the East before we were up to speed. Then we would have been fighting HERE on our shores with the Axis Powers pounding us like we did Germany towards the end of the war.

Alas, sometimes the only cure for some illnesses is amputation...

Another thing we face is that we are Christians and we are called to share with our neighbor. I know who my neighbor is, but I'm curious, are there any other Believers here who wrestle with this? How much would you "donate" or just hand away to help your neighbor who had done nothing to prepare on his/her own? I cannot see us slamming a door in someone's face, but we would also have to be sure to consider our own family's needs probably ahead of their's. Anyway, curious for thoughts...

set aside a percentage of your preps for charity say 10% once you have handed out that much close the door to anymore...

This thread brings up a LOT of excellent decisions we must have a,ready made, before issues arise. We had some hard and fact rules in our home when we raised our children, and their kids now have those same rules in grandma's and

grandpa's house. First and foremost, was, We OWN you, until you are 18. If you want to call the police, go ahead, we will

see WHO'is believed.(and if they get here in time....)Respect must first be taught then earned. It is a two way street.

consistency and follow through are far more critical than anyrhing else. As a parent do what you say you are going to do and follow through with it. Life is tough enough without trying to mitigate "life" for them.

We raised our son and two daughters to be able to stand on their own two feet, make excellent decisions and see the big picture as soon as possible, as well as tried to instill an excellent work ethic in them. Was it easy? Absolutely not, however,

it IS worth it seeing them succeed on their own terms as viable productive adults.

I do not concern myself nor does my wife, with children or adults not under our control or "spherewof influence".ontrol or direct the efforts of our own family members by example, love that love being tough enough to say NO! and mean it, and to follow up with appropriate consequences positive and negative ones.

If you choose to curse for example, you have willingly chosen to get your mouth washed out with the nastiest most foul tasting soap we can find, usually a liquid soap. Sorry, doesn't cut it, you made the choice freely, now accept what you knowingly chose to receive. Same thing for disrespecting your elder, parents, peerw, etc. You chose to do that and willingly chose the consequence that must naturally follow.

Sometimes, yes, it DOES "suck to be you", however zi didn't,t make that choice so it isn't my

"problem", it is yours alone, you own it.

Thankfully, we had very little of the learning curve, but we did have one spank, rwo spank and three spank offenses, with which you also bought "corner time". Which was military attention with your nose in the crack of the corner and each eyebrow on the opposite wall.The offense committed dixtated how much "corner time" you purchased with your actions. We made it specific and let the kids choose the time served.

Worked well, in fact our son uses that same concept with his kids. He also adds push ups for more Whitney type offenses, you whine, you buy pushups immediately. You know that going into the Whitney behavior. Of course we made it all age appropriate.

We rarely had any issues if behavior with any of our kids friends either, they KNEW we would follow

through. Of course some people STILL think I'm a big first class jerk, however, our kids never got into drugs, alcohol, or the other crap their kids did. So, who is really the "jerk"?

I would only offer this counsel, love them enough to teach them correctly and follow through.

When they are adults, we can offer advice and counsel IF it is solicited, then we have to let them be an adult, no matter how painful it can be for us as parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles or siblings.

Edited by Malcolm
wanted to add more

MommyLiberty5013

I am a Christian and I am in this forum to give freely to anyone all the information I can.

we have been warned by every way imaginable that things are not right in fact bad

So as far as I am concerned like the heathens outside the ark them b@stards are gonna'

die, they have been warned watched the ark built {see it on TV people prepping}

the word has gone out TV radio film even seen pamphlets and on church billboards.

an the evidence is clear with the weather failure of crops fires and storms beating records

and yes even a child sees that something is out of sorts so if they refuse to take heed I will not throw my pearls before swine.

I would not mind it so much but if you have ever seen a food riot you would know that you don't want to do that

in fact you might get the person killed instead of helping them and then the ones that killed them will come looking for you.

I give now at church I give on the INTERNET and to certain groups also

i have given to panhandlers and given things directly to persons

I like giving if I were rich boy would I have a ball giving most of it away.

but when a day like we are about to see happens shut up do not

show any food or money or wear jewelry of any sort not even make up

dress down if not you may bring unwanted attention to yourself

in Mexico the favorite thing is to kidnap children to get what they want

if you think it won't happen here your not giving the situation the seriousness

it deserves.

read the many posts about our supply we have on the shelf and in local warehouses no more than 3 days of food and if you give away 10%

just when and where are you going to replace it, and with what money or trade

stuffs?

we have all had plenty of warning anyone who did not act are out of luck.

Edited by juzcallmesnake

personally if i was with a group of survivors in a dangerous shtf or teotwaki scenario i would make it very plain to them that if they become a danger to myself or others from disobeying orders or just by making an ass of themselves i will without hesitation put a bullet in their skull but before any of you go thinking i am an unfair or unfit leader i should tell you that i dont beleive anyone is below me due to any race color creed or opion if somebody could make a more fit leader for the group i would gladly take orders from them without question i just refuse to deal with anyone who is a liability because their too damn stupid to listen to the person who is going to keep them alive i am also a firm beleiver in the democratic system which is why as a leader my group will have the opprptunity to vote on every decision we make as long as it does not put the lives of myself or others in danger in these situations their must be someone whois capable of making rational decisions in charge without that structure the group is doomed to fail but if anyone wants to discuss this further with me feel free to send me a private message so we can discuss our opinions without offending anyone i am always open to suggestions and willing to listen to others opinions not matter how different they might be from mine

as to the scenario, ive seen some of the worst kids here in this area where i live. criminality is cool, being sent to jail is about the coolest thing that can happen to a kid. they all want to live like outlaws. and parents reinforce it...rural nc. these brats don't get discipline because as one kid di, called the cops on his parents because he knew hed get the belt for screwing up in school .. parents were both arrested and put in jail..the kid laughed his ass off at them...until he was put in the juvey facility with the other little criminals..so i guess kids nowadays are a product of lax morals, hippy ideas and no love of country, god or anyone else..its all obama's fault..

Beleave me as much as Obama has contributed to the problems we face; the situation with children and young adults? is at least two generations old. The welfare state has provided us with children attempying to raise children and mostly failing. Lack of disipline is the key. I fear that in many areas it will be very very bad WTSHTF.

Guest kevin

no this isn't obama's fault......it's dr spock's......or rather the sheeple that bought in to that load of horse sh^t

no this isn't obama's fault......it's dr spock's......or rather the sheeple that bought in to that load of horse sh^t

well we knew he was a progressive and when his book came out a lot of folks reminded the world about his background but people want to be violence free well there is never an occasion where violence should not be on the table not firearm but a punch in the nose slap in the face thump on the ear something

strange when I was young we all had guns and pocket knifes but in a fist fight we never considered using them

it was bad form to start pulling iron in a fist fight and almost everyone took it as a serious break in redneck etiquette and a bunch of people would wade in and kick your azz. and when they said enough it was the end of the fight.

once you got a chicken sh*t rap no one wanted to hang or do business with you ostracize a person like that in a small to medium size town put things in perspective for them fast. don't follow the rules makes your life very hard.

Edited by juzcallmesnake

Kevin,

I raised all of my kids on Dr. Spock's book. The medical portion for when they were sick and the whole book as a paddle for when they got, ahem, 'off the beam' in terms of behavior. It worked like a champ!;)

Guest kevin

lmao....iv'e never "thrown the book" at the boy....thanks for the idea.

i remeber those day snake....some of the roughest fights i ever had ended with the two of us drinking a beer.....made some good friends after we were both bloody.

Edited by kevin