Sign in to follow this  
Danm

Ugly thoughts and questions you need to considder...

i remeber those day snake....some of the roughest fights i ever had ended with the two of us drinking a beer.....made some good friends after we were both bloody.

i wish it was still that way these days when you beat the h3ll out of someone in a fair fight they refuse to let it go they just have to come back either with a weapon or their buddys or both its ridiculous

blaming this on obama is ignorant at best. i hate the guy as much as any self respecting libertarian but that is as bad as when the lefty liberals were blaming bush for earthquakes and hurricanes. this problem is several generations old and a lot of it has to do with our move from industrial economy to service based economy and technology, it has to do with progressivism(sp?) and women's lib to the extreme. let me clarify I'm not a chauvinist as I like my women smart and independent. but when that movement got taken over by radicals who sought to neuter men for being men. well it went downhill from there. years of us being told that spanking is abuse and everybody gets a trophy because no child should have their feelings hurt for experiencing what failure means. well we are now seeing the results of that failed experiment.

I agree with Snake. Growing up in rural Kentucky, we believe in corporal punishment. My dad walluped me good for bad grades in school, runnin my mouth, and basically being disrespectful. Bebause it wasnt just ME, but the family name in general that was being embarrassed. When he was young, in the same little town, a family 'NAME' actually meant something, and our was strong and respected. So we'd catch hell if any embarrassing situation came along.

And no, this isnt Obummers fault. All this started WAY BACK when they started removing corporal punishment from the school system. I think Reagan was still Pres then.

Edited by NavyVet_77

Straydog, your comment reminded me of this sign that I've seen in a few shops. It always makes me laugh!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1303[/ATTACH]

I LOVE this! Absolutely marvelous and strikes fear into the heart of EVERY parent.

They actually have a name now for obnoxious rude kids that won't mind. An acquaintance told me with a perfectly straight face that after her son was expelled from school for cussing out and threatening his teacher she had taken him to a psychologist/psychiatrist. Now she wants the school to provide special help for her son because he has a problem and can't help acting out. Basically she wants the school to pay for him to have home bound tutoring. He has AARS!!! Adult Authority Rejection Syndrome!!! He is 11 and has never been spanked, yelled at or punished in any way because she fears it will permanently traumatize his little ego.

What is saddest is that I KNOW where this leads to. My wife just retired after 25 years working for the Texas Prison System. Her last 8 were working on the unit that houses Death Row. Nearly ALL of those guys suffered from Authority Rejection Syndrome. We treat the kids like they are made out of fine crystal then on their 18th birthday they are locked up...if they make it that long. Personally I think that is more traumatizing than a few whippings so they understand that there ARE repercussions for bad actions.

TEOTWAWKI may be all that saves us from extinction! Sadly the chances of these kids changing if things go BAD is almost nil. I know that when they land in prison you would THINK that that would make them wake up and change but in general the opposite is true more often than not. Most that end up in prison make several trips before they wise up IF they ever do. After a TEOTWAWKI event there won't be any second chances. You mess up...you die! Maybe that is what we need to get back on track in the US.

At the rate we are going it isn't going to be long before we won't be able to defend ourselves and when that day comes SOMEONE is going to want what we have bad enough to come and get it. As we export all of our manufacturing jobs to other countries we are killing our ability to make war effectively. We won WW2 in part because we could rapidly convert our civilian industries to war production. If we had to build the factories from the ground up the war would have been over in Europe and in the East before we were up to speed. Then we would have been fighting HERE on our shores with the Axis Powers pounding us like we did Germany towards the end of the war.

Alas, sometimes the only cure for some illnesses is amputation...

The Old Testament says that if a father loves his children, he will chastise them daily! (read spank) Nature will teach each person that they ARE responsible for their actions. If they learn it a age 3 it is a lot less traumatic than if they learn it at age 27 when the state sticks the lethal injection in their arm. It does not take a village to raise kids, it takes parents who are willing to be the adults to raise kids. I am NOT my children's friend. I am their father, a much more important and rare thing. Visiting with my son and family now, it is good to see that he appreciates the lessons and are passing them on the his kids.

Thanks for the tread Danm, food for thought and well handled.

"In fact, astrophysicists assure us that there IS no center of the universe, which means that you cannot be it."

This needs to be on a t-shirt!

"We have come to love accolades more than achievement... No longer is it how you play the game, or how you win or lose, or learn, or grow. It's 'what does this get me?'"

Scary but true.

"Resist the easy comforts of complacency, the specious glitter of materialism, the narcotic paralysis of self-satisfaction. Be worthy of your advantages. And read. Read all the time. Read as a matter of principle, as a matter of self-respect. Read as a nourishing staple of life. Develop and protect a moral sensibility, and the character to apply it. Dream big. Work hard. Think for yourself. Love everything you love, everyone you love, with all of your might. And do so, please, with a sense of urgency, for every tick of the clock subtracts from fewer and fewer, and as surely as there are commencements, there are cessations, and you'll be in no condition to enjoy the ceremony of that eventuality no matter how delightful the afternoon."

Nothing like talking about death at a high school graduation! LOL But he does have a point.

"You'll note the Founding Fathers took pains to secure your inalienable right to life, to liberty, to the pursuit of happiness. Quite an active word, pursuit... The point is the same. Get busy. Have at it."

Thanks for sharing this, Rapture!

My God,the more I read this forum,the more awared I become that our goverment has really mess things up,parents loosing their rights to discipline their kits,teachers afraid to discipline a child,kids lying on their parents and blackmail for material things,our own Pledge and National Anthem soil by a few invertebrates

who wanted their names on the books,scam back lawyers/politicians,turning our Constitution upside down,

please don`t get me wrong,I`ll pick a weapon anytime for this country,but we have to raise our voice somehow.

I do all the time I called my Congressman and gave the researcher / secretary my view of mitt & ryan

they look like the all American metro sexual couple after reading the ryan debacle about him side stepping

the question of weather he asked for bailout money or not he cratered and did not stand up for himself

had It been me I would have said hell yea I tried to get all I could because if your supporting your constituents that is your job get the damn money for your state and people and as much as you can.

standing on ideals won't get the bills paid, I did not want it, I did not vote for it, but theres a pile of cash and my voters are just as due for it as it was their money before the federal government started giving it away.

Shows he ain't quick on seeing the biased media gunning for him and he acted like a deer in headlights.

he does not have the wisdom of Salomon that is obvious, and it's pig or pork or dumb & dummer this election

AGAIN.

but then again Clinton made the same mistake instead of making the woman look bad he could have

stated that his personal life as long as it did not alter his positions on matters of state it was no ones

business. and kept the standard of the press keeping out of certain personal aspects of a persons life

as long as they are not stealing cheating bribing or lying {and that is what got him into trouble} it would have

been a non starter I did not vote for Clinton and would not but I could have understood that response not the one he gave that was lame and was hiding behind the crazy woman alibi how chessey for a head of state.

And how can they be so afraid of 15 % of the population because if you a middle of the road leader that is the most that can be against you and if you got to pull your head out of it's shell to know what way the wind is blowing to make a decision then your not a leader your a yes man and we have had to damn many of those.

from either party. IMO

Good points, Snake. I love the metrosexual reference. You reminded me about good old Charlie Wilson, US Representative from the Lufkin area. When he was in Congress I remember seeing one of his campaign billboards that really just cut to the point: CHARLES WILSON- BRINGING IT HOME FOR THE HOME FOLKS.

As you can guess, "it" was pork for his constituents. And they ate it up!