Sign in to follow this  
Guest kevin

Survivorman Returns

Guest kevin

Sunday August 18. Les is back. He is making it even harder on his self this time, 3 days longer, no emergency phone.

I for one am thrilled. I have always been into wilderness survival(raised in the sulphur river basin of NE Texas) and was lucky enough to marry a woman who was raised as back woods as i was(Red River basin). spending the night lost in the woods is just part of the program if you coon or hog hunt with dogs.(are was before gps) you are hustling up to keep pace with the dogs and before long the "where the hell are we" law of running threw the woods at nigh take effect. If you planed well you packed a few things to help you make it threw.(we didn't call em get home bags back then but that's what they were. It was miserable....and some of the best times iv'e ever had, all at the same time. For my money Les does the best job of showing that it isn't fun and games in the thick....keep your head or get dead as my dad used to tell me(still does)

should ANYONE go into a survival situation as unprepared as Les does....nope. i understand that the point of the show is that at ANY time you could be in a survival situation, and how to make do with the minimum.(everyone here should be smart enough to have more than that)

anyway just a heads up on a great show.

im with you guys on les.

did you see the show where he builds the cabin for his family? KILLER SHOW INDEED!

RC,

Sure did - recorded it actually. Some really good thoughts on setting up off grid. I respect his judgement as well. Calling off the show in order to avoid putting himself or the crew in excessive risk says a lot more to me than some other survivor types.

Guest kevin
anybody??????

guess i wasn't clear....yes iv'e watched it several times....loved it.

it was a very good show. i loved it. there is some blog somebody posted on here long ago

about a guy who moved to an island and builds himself a cabin to live in and made a blog on it.

ive tried and tried to find the link again on here but cant seem to run across it. best show/blog

ive ever watched actually. anybody know what im talking about or seen it too?

RC,

Sure did - recorded it actually. Some really good thoughts on setting up off grid. I respect his judgement as well. Calling off the show in order to avoid putting himself or the crew in excessive risk says a lot more to me than some other survivor types.

ole les aint no dumby is he cap? the man has talents in several areas. hell of a musician too.

Guest kevin

i liked the one on pbs about the ol boy who built his own log cabin in alaska back in the 60's

Guest kevin

yep i'm 1/4 fukarwe on my moms side, 1/4 moanback on my dad's......the other half is split between German, Irish and Russian.....wonder why my family has drinking problems?

Guest kevin

lol...i kinda like the hawkes.....sent an e-mail about one of there knives once, the person who responded was mykle hawke (are claimed to be), super nice.

i kinda like the fighting to.....cause at some point your gonna....my wife son and i do about 14 days of b.o.b.(can't take anything but what's in your bob) camping a year. we almost always are snippy the first day. then it levels out and it's so miserably fun we are sad we're so ready to get home when it's over.

for the record. ANY time i refer to camping i am NEVER refering to a "camp ground". if there is another living soul within a mile of us, and i can't take or don't stand a good chance of needing a firearm, i don't think of it as camping......it's just sleeping out doors. nothing wrong with that , it's just not our cup of tea....we enjoy the misery of roughing it.

thats my kind of camping lol i hate how my dad and stepmom go ''camping'' i went with them this year before i even knew anything about the campground but when i got their i discovered it was a huge area completely covered with campers and dad was sitting in his air conditioned camper watching tv the place had electricity and water and showers for gods sake thatis not a campground that is a trailerpark

oh and dont get me wrong i do understand that at some their is gonna bbe fighting but if your gonna do a show on survival than stick to giving advice on survival orat least give some tips on how to resolve conflicts while in a survival situation

Guest kevin

lol....but the average viewer has to have the soap opera too....but i'm with ya zm....just the facts works fine for me.

thats the problem with people these days their more interested in whats happening on the latest reality bull$hit than whats going on in the real world. on the rare occasion i actually watch tv the only things i watch are educational such as history, military, or discovery channels, or the news