Sign in to follow this  
awake

It's 2 am and something goes bump in the night.

Snake, if you saw my legs, that would be proof enough. After 14 leg operations of various varieties, I look like I got attacked by a Great White Shark. There are huge pieces of muscle missing, a bone missing and so much metal that the TSA take me to the side and grab my junk whenever I fly. I don’t fly much because the change in pressure hurts too much. Half the time I walk using a walking stick (makes an awesome weapon if needed) and always walk with a limp. That is why I can’t bug out. I leave bugging out to the youth. The wife and I will dig in like Alabama ticks!

I never see the day where I need to take violent action against a ‘bad guy’. Those days of my life are long gone, but not forgotten. I remember how. I even practice the ‘how’. I just pray to never have to use the ‘how’ again.

your right no getting around it we are not getting any younger I have a slight limp unless it rains

cannot tell the position of my foot as it has nerve damage not near as yours my last 2 fingers

don't always do what I tell them and a few patches of skin that are numb and about 5 foot of assorted scars

some medical some not.

so I can understand my friend some days its hard to get up or find a good reason but I am blessed with

a fantastic significant other and 2 dogs and other critters here so I always find or have a good reason to continue on that and of course the medication LOL

My neighbor across the street is an old high school mate of mine and a local LEO. He told me once that if i fired the weapon at an "unwanted intruder" empty the entire mag ( into the background wall) even if the target went down on the first shot. Stay on the phone with 911 and describe what you are wearing to the dispatcher. DO NOT HAVE A GUN IN YOUR HAND WHEN POLICE SHOW UP! Point to your gun, point to the intruder and say " i was afraid for the lives of my family and myself. if you dont mind i am calling my attorney". puking is also a sign of high stress and fear. My attorney agreed with this.

advise to all.... spend the time to talk with an attorney that deals in self defence law. They usually will spend 15-30 minutes for a small fee or some will do it for free. Carry that attorney's card with you and program his number in your phone. The less you say, the less rope they have to hang you with.

Guest kevin

snake,excoastie....i'll tell you both that at 43 years old i'd much rather get in a "nut cutn" with the 20 sometihings than you older guys....ya'll don't play....and cocky don't impress me much.

Guest kevin

that's what i'm saying....young guys want to prove they are the manlier man, "you hit me i hit you".....old guys end it asap....anyway they can.

that's what i'm saying....young guys want to prove they are the manlier man, "you hit me i hit you".....old guys end it asap....anyway they can.

ROFLMAO, I used to carry a coffee cup with "Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill" on the side.

...and being older it takes longer to heal...so the faster it ends the better.

Short answer. That's how we got older.

Better answer. Those young guys want to make a show of everything before it happens.Then they act. Older guy will act now and talk about it over a beer with his buddies afterwards.

My neighbor across the street is an old high school mate of mine and a local LEO. He told me once that if i fired the weapon at an "unwanted intruder" empty the entire mag ( into the background wall) even if the target went down on the first shot. Stay on the phone with 911 and describe what you are wearing to the dispatcher. DO NOT HAVE A GUN IN YOUR HAND WHEN POLICE SHOW UP! Point to your gun, point to the intruder and say " i was afraid for the lives of my family and myself. if you dont mind i am calling my attorney". puking is also a sign of high stress and fear. My attorney agreed with this.

advise to all.... spend the time to talk with an attorney that deals in self defence law. They usually will spend 15-30 minutes for a small fee or some will do it for free. Carry that attorney's card with you and program his number in your phone. The less you say, the less rope they have to hang you with.

great advice as always awake.

1 question, why empty the whole clip?

Guest kevin

makes it look like you fired out of fear instead of like an execution......one shot one kill makes you look deadly....spray and pray makes you look scared for you life.

makes it look like you fired out of fear instead of like an execution......one shot one kill makes you look deadly....spray and pray makes you look scared for you life.

oh thats what i figured but was second guessing myself.

thing is, when they go and ask you how many times you fired at the

"robber" you will have to lie. they will ask. then if they hook the wires to you then ask questions your screwed.

Edited by ricksconnected

my intent was to protect my family and myself. he was coming at me and stopped when my slide locked in the back position.with smoke, muzzle flash, loud noise, Adrenalin rush, fear, panic and a dead critter in my house. and i was supposed to remember to count the number of times i shot the gun? i wont remember the number of times i soiled myself or puked.

what am i supposed to do? rig an aerosol spray at the door with bacon scent and have a half staved pit bull take care of business. (sorry caffeine rush alert).

I live in a small second floor apartment. It is less then 10 steps to my bed, forget bedroom. If someone breaks in they are less than five seconds from me and my wife. For tha reason I have a loaded (one in the chamber) Mossberg 500 by my bed. The door gets forced and the gun comes out!

I live in Kalifornia, the basic rule is if you shoot at an intruder it's better if the witness hear you fire the gun until it clicks! The whole "I was so afraid" defence. I've had LEOs tell me that. They have also said "SHUT THE F**K UP!" . Call 911 then your lawyer. Where I live only politicians can get CCWs for their security staffs and families.

5.7 FN 30 rounds kinda hard to explain that one

true Snake. My .40 has 13 rounds. The shotgun has 8. It goes slug- 00buck- 00buck- slug till empty. I think the empty the mag theory is sound for the hand guns not shotguns and rifles.

Ben228. I would reinforce that door.

honestly if i got the choice of either my fiance getting beatin raped or killed while i sit idly by because of stupid laws or i shoot the SOB and get stuck as big bubbas b**** in prison the rest of my life i woulld choose big bubba anyday. My fiances well being will always come before mine without hesitation or even a second thought

All uninvited guests that decide to show up during the darkened, early morning hours will be rudely greeted by the Judge that rests near my head every night. I believe that the greeting will be discourteous enough that any and all intruders will make haste toward the nearest exit. The noise and flame coupled with the Judge’s 410 delivered pellets. It would have to be a very brave or stupid burglar to continue their intrusion. And if that first ‘shout’ was not enough, there are four more blasts following the original blast going down the hallway towards the intruder. And, if the 410 wasn’t a good enough determent, there is an amazingly high probability that a round or two of the final rounds might contain a 45 Long Colt vice the 410 shot. Anything left in the hallway will be scraped up by the police or coroner that was called by the wife and the Judge read his verdict.

Taurus has a "upgrade" judge that fires 454 caskul just I case a bear breaks in."........Yogi drop the pic-a-nic basket and eat some floor!

honestly if i got the choice of either my fiance getting beatin raped or killed while i sit idly by because of stupid laws or i shoot the SOB and get stuck as big bubbas b**** in prison the rest of my life i woulld choose big bubba anyday. My fiances well being will always come before mine without hesitation or even a second thought

ZM,

no disagreement, sir. I wouldn't think very much of you if you went the other way. The key is to know the law in your area well enough to make sure it is a righteous shoot if it comes to that. Work it out, figure it out, plan it out and practice the plan. Best chance for a decent outcome (there are NO good outcomes in that situation) that way.

Guest kevin

everyone say's i'm even tempered(now days)......but when it comes to the well being of my wife and son that is by no means true...as far as their safety goes i'm one mean nasty sob. if i knew that noise at 2am was just going to cost me my tv and blueray i'd just roll over and go back to sleep, but in today's world it would be more likely the thief would have rape and murder in mind....i didn't make those rules but i do know how to play by them. having said that i pray that i live my entire life never having fired a shot in anger....but that's not up to me.

I second your sentiments. The old saying, "I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6" has a very truthful ring to it.