Sign in to follow this  
ADRskew

Prep coach?

Just curious as too how many preppers out there in the Aether are coaching some (other than on this site) in the ways of prepping? What difficulties have you encountered? What have you over looked then remembered in hindsight? Any sea stories to share? I am helping a friend out with his prepping and want to make sure I dont blow his mind with info overload yet give him enough info and direction to help.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Started helping my in laws prep little over a year ago when they woke up. Mom in law went hog wild and spent a boatload of pa in laws money, especially on #10 cans. I finally had a sit down with her and told her to slow down, create a budget, prioritorize her lists, and breathe. She's a little better now and she has an awesome tilapia pond (pa in law blamed me for that one).

Just curious as too how many preppers out there in the Aether are coaching some (other than on this site) in the ways of prepping? What difficulties have you encountered? What have you over looked then remembered in hindsight? Any sea stories to share? I am helping a friend out with his prepping and want to make sure I dont blow his mind with info overload yet give him enough info and direction to help.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

You might want to turn him on to www.readynutrition,com , she has a very good 52 week structured program. It's set up so you don't get overwhelmed and also cover all the aspects and not focus too much on just one part.

I know there are other preppers in my area. im certain the guys at my local gun range are mostly preppers.

i think my brother is 'aware' of things, but its hard to tell if he is actually prepping.

My wife is on board with my prep efforts and understands why. But getting her to participate in the prep efforts is a different matter. She seems too pre-occupied with current issues of life, rather than dealing with 'what if' scenarios. So...all of the reading/research for prep purposes has fallen on me. WHich is why i write down alot of stuff.

other than my Brother, mom & wife... I dont communicate prep stuff to anyone else. Talking about such things with people like co-workers might could raise some eyebrows and maybe have consequences... as the media like to label Psychos (Colorado shooter) as survivalists.

This site is it I do not want to expose myself nor do I advise it but if you are positive they are going for it

and investing in it then the only worry is if the talk too much.

I you remember the book / movie In Cold Blood by truman capote the true story of the murder of a family

was started by loose lips they heard a rumor and they went into the house and took the family tortured

and then killed them all.

Not a new story today but in the 1950"s it was I like the movie because they hung them and you get to see

the pissing down their leg fear just before the trap drops now of days these sick b@stards don't get what they

deserve look at the Boston strangler he ended up with female hormones and boobs and was recorded

laughing and joking about how he murdered all those women while dry humping a guy in his cell.

I thought that would bring the American people around, but as I have mentioned most are dumb as dirt.

I am working with my wife, two daughters and their families, but on the very basics of being prepared for emergencies. We hve done bug out bags, basic fire arms safety and are starting into fam firing what we have. Open discussions about taking it to the next level. They watch and learn what I am doing, but I don't think they are ready to move on yet.

Out side of family I do encourage others to have the 72 hr kits, and how much water they would need etc, but thats it. I donot need the ants to know about G'Pa grasshoppers cache.