Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xplorer

Ruger SR9c clip extension

6 posts in this topic

OK, just picked up my new pistol & 2 extra clips. The clips comes w/o the extension on it. That comes seperate. How do I remove the base to install the new extension? It looks like it should side off, but it doesn't seem to move even with a hammer to persuade it. Thanks

Look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQRtvFJWF68

Also, please call it a 'magazine' so no one tries to preach the differences between a magazine and a clip. Some folks take that stuff far too seriously.

Magazine? I thought that was what the NRA published or, maybe, where you ocean going types kept your ammo! (he said with tongue firmly planted in cheek!;) )

I am a stickler for the right words but then I'm more than a little bit of a pharisee. You are correct however; there are a LOT of folks who just go "bat crap crazy" over such things as this. If we all know what is meant, it really isn't worth getting all bloody over. Especially when even using the "right" words is confusing as all get out. I emphasize the difference between pistol and revolver because it has legal ramifications but when an "auto" pistol is a semi-automatic weapon but an auto rifle is full auto (except when it isn't) and there is even a full auto revolver out there (British I think, cool but never caught on) and a 30-30 is 30 caliber over 30 grains of BP but a 30-06 is NOT over 6 grains of powder but IS from 1906 and .... Oh well, I think I've made my point.

Glad you got it figured out, Xplorer.

Explorer, I have no problem with people refer to a magazine as a clip. As long as I can understand the meaning, terminology doesn’t mean the much. But some folks feel that it is fingernails on a chalkboard.