Sign in to follow this  
TCC6310

Gearin' Up!

So I've been talking with some people, let's just call them freedom fights, and they said that with the UN ATT going on and the DHS buying mass amounts of ammo recently, many of the freedom fighter groups are getting geared up for something big. REAL big. It might not happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if the SHTF soon...best be gearin' up everybody.

As much as it pains me to admit this, if our government decides to disarm it's population it will happen.

I once had romantic notions that Law enforcement and soldiers would never turn their weapons on U.S. citizens. These notions have been shattered by eight years as a law enforcement officer. If a citizen is perceived as a threat to any government entity it will be defeated and a narritive will be created to justify this. If the threat has to be labeled a terrorist, or cult member to make destroying it palatable to the public and the officers engaging it will happen.

I also used to think that their would be so much resistance from citizens that the powers that be would never dare attempt it. Those that think they would resist should read about Waco and Ruby Ridge. It doesnt matter how hunkered down and bunkered in you think you are if the Government starts throwing it's weight around you wont win. I also think the growing dependence on Goverment bennifits is not an accident. A population dependent on the goverment is much less likley to resist. I wouldnt be surprised to see a turn in your guns for foodstamps/welfare program on the horizon.

I've dedicated a lot of prayer to this topic. I hope we never see the day, but I beleive it is coming.

John has a long mustache was the code message that allied nations sent out to allert the French Resistance that the D-Day invasion was beginning.

It's also from Red Dawn, so is what coastie said. Lol

All in All the American thought prosses is not the same as the Jewish during the Nazie purge!!!

After 1000 years of being re loacated The People of the Book excepted the fact that they would and could be killed at any moument!!

NOT so Here in America...WE ARE A Rebellious People....Thats how it started and thats what keeps us going.

That is what the "other side" forgets!Its in our nature to say "f#%k you and not give in..Never in History was a bunch of "God Fearing people" pushed to there limits "NOT" fight back againts Unlimited power..

JMO..because Im old and already on the list..FTA

least we Forget

http://youtu.be/ZNuNsKwG1RI

Edited by 101matt

The Holocaust proved, as if we needed MORE proof, that you can not deal with evil or people with evil intent. Compromise with evil and you have lost; period! In the South and West, we are somewhat independent minded and we have firearms. Those in the northeast forget that fact to their peril. If the UN arms treaty is ratified by the Senate, the government will play Hob trying to enforce it. The LEO's around me all say that they would not enforce such laws. Texans in general have such an attitude that I truly think the State would secede before it would allow enforcement.

While I don't see the Senate ratifying such a stupid treaty by the required 67 volts one can never tell just how dumb DC is.

I don't really know what to expect as of yet. Possibly a revision of current laws?

Hillary has been sneaking around on this subject for quite sometime.

I have my opinions and I believe I'll just keep them to myself at the moment.

I will say I believe to own a gun is to be a citizen, to have them taken away from you makes you a subject.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Edited by desert rat

I live in MA. If you even talk about guns or gun control 7 our of 10 people look at you like your crazy. I get weird looks and comments constantly just because I carry a knife and a leatherman. I wish moving was an option but at least for the time being there's no way my lady will leave. I wish I could live in a place like Texas, guns and chicken fried steak,mmmmmmmmmmm steak.

IHope, like you, I live in the commonwealth, too. And like you, I can’t move. My wife followed me over the world for 20 years and never bitched once. Now she has her dream job so we stay. She earned that right. Also like you, I would be Texas bound. I’d like my nearest neighbor to be one mile away. Funny thing is that most of the folks were I work are pro-guns people and many of us conceal-carry daily. But true, 7 of 10 Mass-holes hate firearms and would like to make all firearm ownership illegal.

As much as it pains me to admit this, if our government decides to disarm it's population it will happen.

I once had romantic notions that Law enforcement and soldiers would never turn their weapons on U.S. citizens. These notions have been shattered by eight years as a law enforcement officer. If a citizen is perceived as a threat to any government entity it will be defeated and a narritive will be created to justify this. If the threat has to be labeled a terrorist, or cult member to make destroying it palatable to the public and the officers engaging it will happen.

I also used to think that their would be so much resistance from citizens that the powers that be would never dare attempt it. Those that think they would resist should read about Waco and Ruby Ridge. It doesnt matter how hunkered down and bunkered in you think you are if the Government starts throwing it's weight around you wont win. I also think the growing dependence on Goverment bennifits is not an accident. A population dependent on the goverment is much less likley to resist. I wouldnt be surprised to see a turn in your guns for foodstamps/welfare program on the horizon.

I've dedicated a lot of prayer to this topic. I hope we never see the day, but I beleive it is coming.

That is a very real possibility Big Easy!!!!

Just remember some of these quotes and whom they're from.

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."

- George Washington

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

- Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

- Thomas Jefferson

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."

- Thomas Jefferson

"On every occasion [of Constitutional interpretation] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying [to force] what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, [instead let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I enclose you a list of the killed, wounded, and captives of the enemy from the commencement of hostilities at Lexington in April, 1775, until November, 1777, since which there has been no event of any consequence ... I think that upon the whole it has been about one half the number lost by them, in some instances more, but in others less. This difference is ascribed to our superiority in taking aim when we fire; every soldier in our army having been intimate with his gun from his infancy."

- Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Giovanni Fabbroni, June 8, 1778

"Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense."

- John Adams

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."

- George Mason

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."

- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe."

- Noah Webster

"The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."

- Noah Webster

"A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace."

- James Madison

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."

- James Madison

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country."

- James Madison

"The ultimate authority resides in the people alone."

- James Madison

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

- William Pitt

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."

- Richard Henry Lee

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."

- Richard Henry Lee

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."

- Patrick Henry

"This may be considered as the true palladium of liberty.... The right of self defense is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction."

- St. George Tucker

"... arms ... discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property.... Horrid mischief would ensue were (the law-abiding) deprived the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

- Samuel Adams

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them."

- Joseph Story

"What, Sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty .... Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins."

- Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts

Desert Rat Thanks for the quotes.

I feel my post was highly pessamistic, rough week at work mixed with too much talk radio.

The most imortant thing I feel is not to isolate ourselves. I understand opsec , but none of us can go it alone! Get involved in your community and reach out to like minded individuals. Organize, Train together, and if we need to make a stand let us stand together.

When I was in high school we loved this pizza place down the street from school. They moved pretty far away but being the loyal (bored) customers that we were, we went to their new location to say hey and get a taco pizza and a buffalo chicken pizza. There was a cop in line in front of us. We got our pizza ate it, and left maybe an hour after we ordered. About a half mile down the road we get pulled over by said cop who waited for us to leave. Then he orders my friend out of the car and starts to harass him saying that "I saw you looking at my gun, you wanna try to take it" etc and so forth. I'm not sure if my friend looked at his gun or not but I can guarantee you he had no intention of touching it, let alone taking it. He "politely" told us never to come back to that town (HA! pizzas too good to listen to that crap). I wasn't aware that looking at a gun was a crime but it was enough to set this fool off on my friend who luckily kept his mouth shut for once, who knows what excuse he would have used to justify whatever force he felt was needed to subdue my friend, the pizza eating criminal. yay MA, I do love it here tho, well mostly, except like the taxes, a lot of the police, a lot of the people, the deforestation, friggin walgreens on every corner, the politicians, everyone claiming they are like right off the boat from Ireland, but seriously, the woods are beautiful and so are the beaches. I also think I read something about an alternative currency being used in the Berkshires. I'm not crazy about seafood but I love swordfish and it's nice and tasty and inexpensive in the summer. Just seems to me that if things got bad, they would get real bad, real quick around here.

Desert Rat Thanks for the quotes.

I feel my post was highly pessamistic, rough week at work mixed with too much talk radio.

The most imortant thing I feel is not to isolate ourselves. I understand opsec , but none of us can go it alone! Get involved in your community and reach out to like minded individuals. Organize, Train together, and if we need to make a stand let us stand together.

Yea but you have a good point! If you're dependent on something, chances are

you're going to give something up to get something.

I also get in a little to deep into talk shows Big Easy. They say though that it is a known fact that the ones who listen to talk shows are more informed. lol I have my favorites for sure! Darned XM!

It's funny how that every time some idiot goes on a shooting spree, they want to take the guns from the ones who didn't. If more of the law abidding citizens carried guns, the idiots wouldn't get off as many shots.

Edited by desert rat

the quotes made me think of this douche and his thoughts on gun control in the wake of the colorado shooting

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/if2nht

Left to people like this, If someone was driving drunk and killed a body, the next thing they're going to want to do is ban sober people from buying cars. Makes sense doesn't it? NOT

George, in my opinion is just another gun ban screaming idiot that has not a clue why the Japanese during WWII did not invade the U.S. That peckerhead annoys me.

That little pisswilly would be speaking German or Japanese as we all would if he'd have "his" way 80 yrs. ago and we'd all be subjects and not citizens. Nothing against Germans or the Japanese.

Our freedom is a priviledge, not a right! Bought and paid for by the blood of those who chose to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. For anyone who reads that comment, remember it!

Both my grandfathers were in WWI, my dad was in the Soloman and Marshall Islands in WWII and I served as well until not long ago.

We (VETS) took an oath to protect and defend it against all enemies "foriegn and domestic" and some want to re-write it and the Bill of Rights, I call B.S.

Guns do not kill people! People kill people! It's the breakdown of society/mentallity. It doesn't matter if there were just sticks and stones, people and their mind will kill one another with one or the other.

You can't even as much as spank your child for having Dept. of Social Service on you anymore. I'd had my a$$ fanned many of time for doing wrong, even in school. Now no one in the academic structure can touch you for

disaplinary reasons.

My heart/prayers goes out to all families who have lost loved ones in any type of behavior such as Columbine, Aurora or Virginia Tech or anywhere else for that matter.

These things are caused mentally, either a chemical breakdown in the brain or blatant lack of scocialization or being bullied to the extent of doing such. Taking control in the wrong way.

Forgive me for my ranting, where's Capt Bart or Freud when you need him?

Edited by desert rat

DR,

you know if you say my name too many times, I show up! (scary, huh?)

The problem is that we have spent the last 40 years teaching people that they are not responsible. You can't have the death penalty because it wasn't YOUR fault that you killed those people. It takes a village and THEY didn't do their job.

You have to be able to get abortions because it wasn't YOUR fault that you and your sex partner got pregnant. It takes a village and THEY didn't tell you how to use your contraceptives correctly or how to remain chaste until marriage.

You have to get your government handouts because it isn't YOUR fault that you can't get a job with your pants down around your knees and tattoos all over your face. It takes a village and those MEAN old business types won't let you scare their customers.

It isn't your fault at all because it takes a village and THEY told you that there is no God, no morality, no right or wrong and no consequences for your actions. THEY said you were ENTITLED to what you want and if those mean old people won't give it to you then you can TAKE it by force!

Actually, that works until the natural order of things PROVES to you that, hey, there are consequences and YOU will pay them. We all have to learn that lesson. It is just the later in life we learn it, the more expensive the lesson gets.

God help us all.

Edited by Capt Bart

God help us all.

Amen!

It's not so bad to have you around Capt. Bart. Yes, you're right. But teaching things of

that nature to be socially acceptable? I did not teach my child that, nor was I taught

that way. Spare the rod, spoil the child. An unjust act has ramifications. That I learned at

an early age and taught it as I was taught. That I believe to be the problem with society today.

It seems that society as whole is failing because family has to take a backseat to existing and

the children suffer. Maybe not then as a child, but later in life as you suggested above.

It takes two in one household anymore to work and make ends meet.

All this talk of gun and ammo bans to the public, Fema prisons, RF I.D.chips, DHS buying up ammunition,

the training of foriegn troops on American soil for crowd and riot control, good lord who in their right mind wouldn't think something's up.

Okay, I'm done till next time. dr