Sign in to follow this  
readytogo1955

Bad news for gun owners,again

Another case of not teaching them what a gun will do. Sad for all involved. The training program offered by the NRA should be in every school as well as everyone who has firearms should spend the time to teach their children what not to do with a gun as well as what to do with it.

Snake, up her in Hitlerville, all handguns need two types of safety devices. One type often used is having a trigger pull exceeding 10 pounds. I bought a S&W 40 M&P that had a trigger pull over 16 pounds out of the box and the pull was longer than anything I had even seen. It was difficult to shoot the damned thing.

As for the dad being shot by his son, that poor kid will be haunted every day from when he realizes what he did to the day he passes. This incident was not only sad, but easily avoided. The parents were lazy and failed to train their kids to leave guns alone. Also, knowing that there were small children in the home, the parents showed amazing stupidity by leaving a LOADED handgun within reach of a three year old.

every time someone asks me about guns in the house with my kids i simply tell them its about training and education and most important..to take that curiosity away. I started sitting my daughter in my lap when she was 3 when i cleaned my weapons and i would unload pistols rack the slide and hand them to my son to hold, while explaining just what they were capable of doing. my kids used to like watching the medical reality shows on discovery channel and every time they would bring in a gun shot wound and show it i would point out to the kids that that is what a gun is capable of doing when used carelessly and that was best lesson for them, to see the results of what would happen. now at 9 and 11 they both have their own rifles and they know that anytime they want to shoot all they have to do is ask me and we are going to kill paper and cans.

So when someone tells me that they want to get a gun for the house but are afraid of the kids getting a hold of it or feeling the need that they need to "hide" it from the kids I tell them that in the long run that is the worst thing they can do. as what happened above will have a higher chance of happening to them.

My family live in the hills in Cuba,huge house,holidays,summer vacations, where spend there, lots of cousins

grandkits,you name it,one .22 rifle and a .16 gauge long barrel shotgun,for turkey,wild piggens,and rock salt

for whoever wanted to steal watermelons or a pig,lots of machetes, knifes ,axes,picks,all kinds of sharp tools.

Grandpa use to get the kids together and with a guave wip and a jar of very hot peppers, would explain what does tools and weapons were,and what the wip and hot peppers were there for also.No one ever had a

accident,well,except the poor guy who try to steal a goat,you see he cry like a baby after getting shot with the rock salt and a little rubbing of hot pepper juice.

The Moral of this story is that, God must love the idiots alot, for allowing them to have children,and now this poor family will have to deal with blood sucking lawyers,trying to make a case,it hapens all the time.