Sign in to follow this  
TCC6310

The Plan.

So, this is just the basic plan for me and mine. We plan on bugging in with the supplies we have, given most circumstances, but ofcourse there will be some that we have to G.O.O.D. right away. Were going to try to sit tight here for at least 30 days, or whatever supplies permit. After that grace period, everybody who is going to get out has already left, hopefully leaving the streets mostly empty. Thats when the scavenging part would come in great use. Hit the streets, stores and what not, and grab up whatever we can. We would then make our way to our safe locations we have designated.

Does this sound like a good plan to y'all? It makes total sense to us, but I'd love to hear others ideas!

The idea has promise...would map out multiple ways to secondary location(s). Also, if not already have consider the tools you will need to remove abandoned vehicle(s) if driving out. Advance scouting of routes would be a consideration as well. Keep you head(s) down and good luck.

A fair plan. Remember that the major roads are probably blocked. That BOL that is within an easy one tank of gas drive could take multiple tanks of gas since you'll be going around stalled cars and alternate routes.

Also, I wouldn't plan on waiting until I was forced to move - if you're figuring on 30 days, I'd still have 6 months to a year of food/supplies at your home location. You may not be able to bug out. Martial law/shoot on sight rules would indicate a longer bug in time. You may also have to walk out. If so, you're not going to carry your supplies with you. You will need duplicate supplies at your BOL. That is food/supplies/firearms, all of it.

Those are worst case conditions of course but if you don't have a full set up at the BOL and you can't take what you have at home with you, you can't bug out. By the same token, if all your stuff is at the BOL and you can't leave, you're not prepped. It is a balancing act of expectation, planning and funding. You are gambling that you get it close enough to right to survive. It is all any of us can do - it is not comfortable (unless you are very rich) but it is what we have to do.

Hate to throw cold water, but what makes you think there will be ANYTHING left in stores? Think about Katrina, they were looting as soon as the winds died down.

If you have a BOL (and it is secure?!) it needs to be supplied. Capt. Bart is right (as usual). Listen to the voice of experience.

If you can also have stashed caches along your route in case something happens to your supplyor it takes longer than a expected. Also just because you wait a certain amount of time dont expect everyone else to be gone. Many will do what you are doing so when you venture out be careful and mindful of your surroundings at all times!

Hate to throw cold water, but what makes you think there will be ANYTHING left in stores? Think about Katrina, they were looting as soon as the winds died down.

If you have a BOL (and it is secure?!) it needs to be supplied. Capt. Bart is right (as usual). Listen to the voice of experience.

I agree...

I have a scar over my right eye for being out at nite during the riots in 1967/Wrong place at wrong time..young and stupid/unarmed and no back up....13 years old..........

I am sure that some will be caught un aware of a situation after TSHTF............most will react in a negative way....Mob mentallity will take over in the first 12 hours in the citys..Store owners will block all the doors to anykind of food store/Plans are NOW in effect to have lower stock levels and refill as need be..Ware houses will be under gaurd/private and professional....

So if your in the city ..good luck..a week after the "Push" most country/rural areas will start to have major problems because of the closingings of stores...a little mob menality will show up BUT will be answered with caution "least we offend somebody"and the jails are full.

I do beleve some will answer with a Hard fist!!!!!

Both the ultra Left/ultra right will take advantage of the situation....The left has a better chance of control because of the structure already in place..

Sorry to be glum,but Planning is still important and keeping OUT of Site/out of mind....is the best answer..

get involved and get hurt..

jmo

You folks are so negative although truthful

That is one of many reasons including road blocks by anyone who has power good or bad

confiscation of goods outright theft rape and whatever so buggin out I think we may see some interesting

tactics should the DOW fall below 6000 I think it is very possible that it will fall out completely because that was the

number that it hit 08 of the crash as soon as the run on the banks happen it will be to late toilet paper will have

more value than paper money IMO and within an hour of that realization all the scenarios mentioned will

be put into motion I will greatly depend on your surroundings as to how it will play out for you and yours.

but I can see all kinds of fun on the road I would not want to be traveling at night and I doubt you could as a curfew would be in place each county and their police would have separate measures and who knows we have

not had a situation like this with such a flimsy construct underpinning our personal rights even state to sate

will your ccw pass muster some states won't want VISITORS and some will not consider it until it becomes a problem I see all manner of horror and confusion so bug in if you at all possible.

If you can also have stashed caches along your route in case something happens to your supplyor it takes longer than a expected. Also just because you wait a certain amount of time dont expect everyone else to be gone. Many will do what you are doing so when you venture out be careful and mindful of your surroundings at all times!

Twolf,

while I agree that caches may help your GOOD, you must ALWAYS be aware that ANY cache may be compromised, discovered, looted or otherwise not available for you to use. Be prepared to not be able to use the cache - you don't want to play 'you bet your life' with something that animals or others may have discovered and taken.

Guest kevin

over all just having a plan puts you ahead of the game....just remember a good plan is a fluid thing...it flows...you can't plan for everything(but lord we gotta try)...if your plan is "set in concrete"it doesn't allow for the unforseen. work on the skills to survive.....they can't be taken away and they travel lite.

One thing I have been contemplating is the "authorities out of control" problem. We also plan to bug in, but I can see the wisdom in bailing out fast if I see signs of "over" controlling the populace. In other words: If we wait too long, they may not let us go! The key of course, is how to foretell that scenario.

Also, whenever you head out to another location, its possible that you are going into a less favorable situation. I don't know how much intel will be available.

the read lights not for traveling its only for the scavenging part if your allergic to green beans (just an example) and the only thing you can tell in the dark is your holding a can of something you could possibly grab a bunch of cans of green beans which would be useless to you except for barter and i completely agree with not using a light at night but the red lense is less noticeable than a regular or led falshlight and you can always cover your head and light up to read or get a better look at anything without giving away your position

I'm assumeing your enviorment is an urban one TCC? I'm guessing North

Denver is still in the city.

As someone stated, stores will no doubt already be looted or empty.

If you're going to take the chance of staying and you must scavenge, do it at night!

If you must bug out use the above rule also if things are that bad.

Wear dark clothing, no lights! If you must use a light to read a label or map, use a very small keychain light in a well concealed spot.

Move quietly, do not not talk. "You'd be suprised how a whisper travels

between buildings". If traveling with children, make it a game for them.

Will you be on foot?

How long will it take you to reach your BOL? No cooking!

Add some 3600 calorie bars to your B.O.B.

How many in your party? Use the 10 meter distance rule between each. Scout ahead when/if possible preferably a twosome. Four eyes are better than two.

A group is easily spotted and the more there are there's a chance of noise/

or movement detection.

Always check your six regularly!

Do not walk in front of widows if possible. Do not get in a doorway of a building and assume it's safe to talk. A doorway in the "concrete jungle" is like an amphi-theater, it amplifies sound. Be aware, guards and lookouts will probably be in

the higher buildings. If it were me I'd pick a night to move and be traveling the storm drains when there'd been at least three days of no rain. God forbid if it

ever gets that bad. But it's all something to think about. If it were me in the

city, I'd be ready to roll to my BOL at a moments notice and get the he!! out ASAP.

God I'm glad I live in the sticks! Thank you Lord!

Did I say how much I hate going to, or being in the city? :rolleyes:

Edited by desert rat

Like some here, I think that the red flashlight is a bad idea. If you’re going outside at night to scavenge (which is a better idea than waiting weeks to scavenge) you should only take an emergency flashlight. To help your eyes adjust to the darkness faster, the red light is a good idea. Place red light bulbs in a room of your bug in location. Before leaving the home, sit in the room with the red light for at least 30 minutes. This starts to adjust your eyes to darkness so you’ll be able to see immediately upon the start of your scavenging.

If you are going out at night to obtain goods, you’d better be carrying some form of protection. I highly recommend a firearm of some sort. A pistol is easier carried than is a long gun. Also, if your emergency flashlight is very bright – over 220 lumens – you can momentarily blind someone look enough to escape. You don’t necessarily want to shoot first as the report of the firing might garner unwanted attention.

i really wish i was as lucky as you guys are im both night and color blind so i can only see enough to get around at night if i move very slow and its next to impossible for me to read in the dark